Thread: [RESOLVED] Cant launch PC2 with WMR Samsung Oddysey Plus

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[RESOLVED] Cant launch PC2 with WMR Samsung Oddysey Plus

Hi Guys,

I looked in the forum and I found people with similar issues and I tried all that but the game still open on full screen mode. I tried all this:

High specs PC windows 10 last drivers all that also the PC is just has been restore and there is not previews vr or devices installed.

I open WMR and Steam VR, then open the game right click open Steam VR with the headset on.

Then it keeps loading the image of PC2, Im inside of a black circle waiting to load when the game is running on desktop already in full screen.

I tried some commands to launch the game in steam like -vr, -openvr, -yesvr but nothing. I also tried revive and patch the .exe to launch as oculus game but nothing. Also anytime I open the game Oculus softwares pops up. Not sure if there is a conflict or something.

Also I have steam Vr in Beta version.

Could you tell me what else I can try please?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by YOMALTES; 10-01-2019 at 09:23.

Platform
    PC
    don't start the same post in different threads.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )

Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Hey FANBOYS! I constantly drive Assetto Corsa, ACC, rFactor2, R3E and Project CARS 2. I like them all. Don't tell me THINGS!
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

ProjectCars2 wont launch in WMR FIXED!

Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    don't start the same post in different threads.
    Hi, I am sorry the other threads this issue is commented but is mixed with other topics.

I am happy to post the solution in a clean post for easy access.

The issue is this: If your windows user account includes any non english character lime mine was. my name is Spanish and it has an accent . Then wmr creates a folder using a code to represent this character when create a file or folder not sure XD and there is the conflict. To rename the windows user account does not work. You need to restore windows and put a new to your name to your machine without any accent or special characters. Then it worked perfect and looks amazing. I cant beleive that was this stupid thing that made crazy for 3 days.

Thank you and regards.
    Last edited by YOMALTES; 11-01-2019 at 09:38.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: PostBox981, Sankyo

Platform
    PC
    So how do you like it now that its up and running?
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    So how do you like it now that its up and running?
    Hi sorry for the delayed I was playing a lot and testing XD.

After to try Dirt Rally, RaceRoom, PC2, Assetto and Competizione I must say that Competizione and Dirt Rally are the best looking and performance.

PC2 with MAA in Medium or High is not stable in my system and fps drops with rain or in some tracks or parts of the track, I need to turn off to stick in 90fps without ss. My system is 1080 ti + i78700k, 32GB games installed in SSD.

But if my system was capable to run PC2 at 90fps at all time with MAA high and SS 1.3, PC2 would be the best looking. I believe you can achive that with the new 2080 TI as I just need a bit more power. But Im not going to buy it for sure... xD

Im playing now VTOL XD Amazing flight simulator, 3D graphichs not realistic looks just awesome with this headset, no sde or sawtooth in the borders. Those type of games just look perfect with Oddysey plus, incredible experience.

I must say that I have had the oculus and returned to Amazon after using it for 30 days. Oculus was very close "to me" for an aceptable VR experience. I can see that Oddysey Plus reached that level because still not perfect. But now is acceptable and worth it to burn your eyes with VR in my opinion.

Also no satelites and no usb drivers conflicts made the overall experience also very nice. With Oculus I remember many usb conflcts with controllers or wheel... Nothing of this for now, only the issue with my machine name.

Regards
    Last edited by YOMALTES; 15-01-2019 at 13:51.
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981