Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Why am I losing my rank and points?

  1. #11
    Superkart Pilot Twinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    225
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BESPORTSTM View Post
    Yeah right. I have not made contact. Another made contact with intention or he is stupid.
    I drove a race with caution and without contact.
    Now I am punished for the error of another.
    Bad is that I can not race in "A" license
    I was looking forward to this race.
    Can not the SUPPORT help?
    If someone "makes contact with you" you have made contact too. They can't make contact with you without....well...you.

    If you make a bunch of claims on your car insurance over the course of a year IT WON'T MATTER WHO IS AT FAULT in the accidents. Your rates will go up because you are involved in a lot of accidents and the insurance is tired of writing checks to you. Maybe you are just unlucky. It doesn't matter. They just want to know how much you cost them and set your rates accordingly.

    Fault. Doesn't. Matter.

    When you are looking for a lobby on line. The safety rating simply tells everybody how often your car is involved in "incidents".

    NOT how often you CAUSE incidents....how often you are just INVOLVED in incidents.

    While some incidents are obvious to human observers who is at fault, the game has no way to reliably assign "blame". It can, however, note contact, track limit violations, etc.

    This is where the safety rating comes from.

    I just lost a bunch of skill points for a disconnect in one race and manual clutch setting /stall error in another.

    One was my fault and the other was bad luck. I lost a LOT of points both times. This stuff happens.

    Over time, the system averages out and works.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  2. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    If someone "makes contact with you" you have made contact too. They can't make contact with you without....well...you.

    If you make a bunch of claims on your car insurance over the course of a year IT WON'T MATTER WHO IS AT FAULT in the accidents. Your rates will go up because you are involved in a lot of accidents and the insurance is tired of writing checks to you. Maybe you are just unlucky. It doesn't matter. They just want to know how much you cost them and set your rates accordingly.

    Fault. Doesn't. Matter.

    When you are looking for a lobby on line. The safety rating simply tells everybody how often your car is involved in "incidents".

    NOT how often you CAUSE incidents....how often you are just INVOLVED in incidents.

    While some incidents are obvious to human observers who is at fault, the game has no way to reliably assign "blame". It can, however, note contact, track limit violations, etc.

    This is where the safety rating comes from.

    I just lost a bunch of skill points for a disconnect in one race and manual clutch setting /stall error in another.

    One was my fault and the other was bad luck. I lost a LOT of points both times. This stuff happens.

    Over time, the system averages out and works.
    I see your point but I dont think the system really works here. Ensurance is all about money, in big scale, an huge amont of people... But here the things are completly different. The purpose is different. They could at least define some damage zones..

  3. #13
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    8,127
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    If someone "makes contact with you" you have made contact too. They can't make contact with you without....well...you.

    If you make a bunch of claims on your car insurance over the course of a year IT WON'T MATTER WHO IS AT FAULT in the accidents. Your rates will go up because you are involved in a lot of accidents and the insurance is tired of writing checks to you. Maybe you are just unlucky. It doesn't matter. They just want to know how much you cost them and set your rates accordingly.
    That's the best analogy of the safety rating I've yet seen.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScythieVR View Post
    I see your point but I dont think the system really works here. Ensurance is all about money, in big scale, an huge amont of people... But here the things are completly different. The purpose is different. They could at least define some damage zones..
    That's how the safety rating has been designed for this game.
    You can have the intention of being a supremely safe and clean driver. You can drive your line perfectly and follow FIA guidelines for attacking and defending your position perfectly. However, if you are always involved in, or fail to avoid incidents, you will have a low safety rank. The system can't read minds and does not know "intent" all it sees is contact.
    If you avoid contact and drive clean like you say you do, you will get an S rank very soon, and stay there.

    Btw you can get into a high rank lobby if someone invites you in.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

  4. #14
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Platform
    PC
    ok, thanks vor answers. I will see the next time racing

  5. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    That's the best analogy of the safety rating I've yet seen.



    That's how the safety rating has been designed for this game.
    You can have the intention of being a supremely safe and clean driver. You can drive your line perfectly and follow FIA guidelines for attacking and defending your position perfectly. However, if you are always involved in, or fail to avoid incidents, you will have a low safety rank. The system can't read minds and does not know "intent" all it sees is contact.
    If you avoid contact and drive clean like you say you do, you will get an S rank very soon, and stay there.

    Btw you can get into a high rank lobby if someone invites you in.
    One thing is for sure, the system only works for people who is faster than the avarage, they never make contact with "crazy" drivers.. All the rest will fall to U rating again and again...

  6. #16
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    8,127
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ScythieVR View Post
    One thing is for sure, the system only works for people who is faster than the avarage, they never make contact with "crazy" drivers.. All the rest will fall to U rating again and again...
    Opposite, actually. Some really fast guys qualify ahead and fly away, so they always have race wins but never have close battles. Their performance rank is ~2000 but because they never have close racing, their safety rank stays B or A.
    That said, if you don't qualify and start at the back, you get many passes. You can see the crashes transpire, avoid the wreck and go on to podium.
    This way you won't have a great performance rank but you get to S fast.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: EV3RY


  7. #17
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,819
    Platform
    XBOX1
    To say I only really go online for league racing my rating was decent for the amount I do (D a couple of % off C) until I did AOR RXL Winter League which had license on.

  8. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Opposite, actually. Some really fast guys qualify ahead and fly away, so they always have race wins but never have close battles. Their performance rank is ~2000 but because they never have close racing, their safety rank stays B or A.
    That said, if you don't qualify and start at the back, you get many passes. You can see the crashes transpire, avoid the wreck and go on to podium.
    This way you won't have a great performance rank but you get to S fast.
    Didnt know it works this way, but good to know.. Thank you.. Unfortunately its very difficult and often impossible to avoid the crashes in the crowd, specialy in the first turn.. Even if you are very careful, someone will crash from behind

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2019, 14:38
  2. Wrong Results and losing points
    By The__Camel in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2018, 02:37
  3. My rank Went down over night?
    By Udd- in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-10-2017, 22:01
  4. Get Push´ed off the track and losing points???
    By GambitTheDane in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-10-2017, 01:02
  5. F rank the new U rank. to easy to rank up
    By takaii in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 29-09-2017, 12:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •