Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Resolved]New user ..where are all the cars ?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Syneman View Post
    I thought PC1 looked pretty good..kinda curious what PC2 will deliver. I was on GTS and find it looks nice, but kind of a fake driving simulation.

Just purchased PC2..downloading .....
    Congratulations! PCars 2 is night and day, rain, snow and ice better in my opinion.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Wow..it’s all there now.. looks great too
    Thanks for your help too !
    Weather fx are great..
    wonder how it compares to Forza Horizon ?
    Last edited by Syneman; 12-01-2019 at 19:57.

Platform
    PC
    Wow..it’s all there now.. looks great too
    Thanks for your help too !
    Weather fx are great..
    wonder how it compares to Forza Horizon ?
    I don't know about Forza Horizon. Personally I think GTS looks great, especially on PS4. The physics on PCars 2 are much better in my opinion with a very complicated tire model. I think you will really enjoy it once you adjust. Pcars 2 would possibly be improved if you were on PS4 Pro but I know plenty of people enjoying the game on PS4.

On PC we can share the setups for various cars/tracks through Time Trial. On PS4 and XBOX there are restrictions so you can't easily do this. I can get whatever setups you would like to check out.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Post-Patch-7-0

Also are you using a wheel or gamepad?

Also check out all the "Stickies" in the Garage. especially Casey's Tyre Pressure Guide. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/for...Car-Setup-Talk
    Last edited by blinkngone; 12-01-2019 at 20:16.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi,
    I am all kind of new to this world of sim driving/ racing. I began with GTS and still like it, but exploring PC2. I also got recently Dirt 4, which is cool too. I took a drive last night on The California Highway and it was pretty nice. Yeah the physics are pretty sweet on PC2.The graphics are much better on PC2, but a little behind GTS. I adjusted the Honda Type to Stable setup and it was a bit better to control. I’m using a Logitech G29 and it’s shifter,Driving Force, which is mounted with the pedals to a Wheel Stand Pro. I am happy with it..It’s solid and easy to use and plug in. I am starting with street cars like the Honda Type R which is not too crazy for now. Super cool game!! Maybe I’ll grab a PS4 Pro..I gues the graphics are better among speed.
    Last edited by Syneman; 13-01-2019 at 09:58.

Platform
    PC
    Hi,
    I am all kind of new to this world of sim driving/ racing. I began with GTS and still like it, but exploring PC2. I also got recently Dirt 4, which is cool too. I took a drive last night on The California Highway and it was pretty nice. Yeah the physics are pretty sweet on PC2.The graphics are much better on PC2, but a little behind GTS. I adjusted the Honda Type to Stable setup and it was a bit better to control. I’m using a Logitech G29 and it’s shifter,Driving Force, which is mounted with the pedals to a Wheel Stand Pro. I am happy with it..It’s solid and easy to use and plug in. I am starting with street cars like the Honda Type R which is not too crazy for now. Super cool game!! Maybe I’ll grab a PS4 Pro..I gues the graphics are better among speed.
    Hi, California Highway is a good drive. Check out Bannochbrae Road Circuit, easily everyone's(mostly) favorite. Last is the Azure Coast.

Once you get used to everything the Loose setups are quicker, designed for wheels, just take your time.

I think the PS4 is challenged by large Grids and weather effects. Heck even with a PC if you have a minimum specification it's difficult to run everything without lowering graphics settings. PCars 2 isn't going to be as Shiny as GTS regardless.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 13-01-2019 at 11:14.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Cool. I’ll have to check our those drives. PC2 is maybe not as great looking as GTS, but at least weather and crashes are there. I like the fact that if I crash, there’s some damage. GTS seems impossible to crash. Maybe in Career mode? I’m sure GTS is really good too , just gotta get into it. Thx

Platform
    PC
    Cool. I’ll have to check our those drives. PC2 is maybe not as great looking as GTS, but at least weather and crashes are there. I like the fact that if I crash, there’s some damage. GTS seems impossible to crash. Maybe in Career mode? I’m sure GTS is really good too , just gotta get into it. Thx
    The damage model is really good in Project Cars. I haven't played the GT series since Play Station 3. What I didn't like about the GT damage effects was when I hit/was hit by another car it was hardly more than a clang. I half expected a cartoon balloon to show up like the Batman series from the 60s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwhWC.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	263558
    Last edited by blinkngone; 13-01-2019 at 17:12.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Totally agree. Probably more cpu intensive PC2 has a lot more tracks too as well as cars.

Platform
    PC
    Totally agree. Probably more cpu intensive PC2 has a lot more tracks too as well as cars.
    Yeah. Well just for grins I used full damage In PCars 2 and attacked the P1 GTR. It took me numerous attempts backing it in to a wall to knock the Wing off. I was actually trying to shed the bodywork so I could view the suspension working in chase cam. No luck. Imagine my surprise when a half mile further down the track the Wing suddenly appeared and reattached itself.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-12-31 07-34-15-56.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	263571

Name:	pCARS2 2018-12-31 07-34-47-41.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	263572