Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many tracks have you visited?

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

How many tracks have you visited?

How many race circuits have you visited?

As their are many ways to interpret this, I am quoting my personal favourite magazine from an issue a couple of months a go to set up the rules:

"There is no official committee ruling on how you accrue a track list but, as your secondary school teacher would have said, if you cheat you're just cheating yourself. As far as I'm concerned the track has to be active. This means either a race or test is taking place. It may be that you are testing [or racing] at the track yourself. A track that is closed doesn't count - you can't pull up to the gates at Mugello or somewhere and claim that you'be been. And the track needs to be in contemporary use. I've walked the remains of the banking at Brooklands scores of times, but it doesn't mean I've been to the track at Brooklands. Racing ceased in 1939 and, unless you are currently in your very late seventies at least, it isn't on your list either. The same applies to street tracks. Driving around the streets of Monaco doesn't count (unless you are in a race). And driving through the car park of the Caesars Palace hotel is 100% ineligible.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Personally, I have 4:

Brandon Stadium
    2011- Brisca F1 + Mini Stox
    Donington Park
    2008 - BTCC
    2009 - BTCC
    2010 - BTCC
    2012 - BTCC
    2012 - BARC
    2013 - BTCC
    2015 - BTCC
    2016 - BTCC
    2016 - Formula E Testing
    Rockingham
    2014 - BTCC
    2015 - BTCC
    Silverstone
    2009 - World Series by Renault
    2014 - WEC
    2015 - WEC
    2016 - WEC
    2018 - ELMS and WEC(weekend)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Donington is my local track , Many trackdays here along with BTCC and Bikes.
    Nordschleife for trackdays , Nurburgring GP just to visit unfortunately so doesn’t count.
    Spa Franchorchamps not a trackday but have driven the track after the 24hrs of Spa 2007 whilst they was tidying up , we literally drove down the road that leads to an entrance at La Source and drove round steadily.
    Silverstone F1 GP , 96 I believe and 2008 on a very wet day.
    Brands Hatch track days
    Mallory Park track days
    Castle comb track day but not driving.

Platform
    PC
    Bathurst twice (V8's)
    Albert park twice (F1)
    Oran park(RIP) once (Superbikes)
    Surfer Paradise street circuit once (V8's and boobs)
    Queensland raceway (Willowbank)5 times (V8's and track days 200SX & VL Turbo(RIP)
    Lakeside every month or near enough to for countless years (Open sprints in my 200SX & VL Turbo(RIP) and now spectating)
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Bathurst twice (V8's)
    Albert park twice (F1)
    Oran park(RIP) once (Superbikes)
    Surfer Paradise street circuit once (V8's and boobs)
    Queensland raceway (Willowbank)5 times (V8's and track days 200SX & VL Turbo(RIP)
    Lakeside every month or near enough to for countless years (Open sprints in my 200SX & VL Turbo(RIP) and now spectating)
    Would love to visit Bathurst even though the track seems to hate me

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    Proper tracks, only been to one. But it's a good one. Mount Panorama, Bathurst.
    Me, my dad, a friend of dad's and his son who was my age, all went there for the weekend back in 1996 to watch the Bathurst 1000 as it was known back then. Camped up the top at Mcphillamy Park. I was young-ish, but from what i remember, Saturday was nice, Sunday it rained and we left halfway through the race to come home. Watched the end of the race on tv, by which time it had stopped raining. Typical. We did see Alan Jones' Falcon catch on fire though..

And here's a picture of it i just found online.

Other than that, i've made a few visits to the local speedway and drag strip to spectate events over the years.

Donington Park - spectating - 1978 - Mike Hailwood's return to racing + several years of motorcycle GPs
    Silverstone - spectating - 1979 - Barry Sheene/Kenny Roberts battle, couple of World Superbikes
    Oulton Park - spannering/spectating
    Brands Hatch - spannering/spectating
    Mallory Park - racing - how the hell did they fit over 40 races in a day!
    Thruxton - racing
    Lydden Hill - racing
    Snetterton - racing (up to 4 times a month!!!!) and spectating since 1970 something
    Cadwell Park - racing and spectating (Rolf Biland and his BEO outfit in 1978, I think)
    West Raynham (RAF base in Norfolk) - racing

If you want to include Speedway/short ovals tracks
    Foxhall Stadium - Ipswich (watching Speedway and Stock Cars)
    East of England Show ground - Peterborough - racing 6 hour moped race!

Karting circuits
    Langburgh - now called Teeside Karting - racing 6 hour moped mayhem + sidecar (yep I was that mad!)
    Red Lodge Karting - some actual karting (got the first place trophy on the shelf)

+ Anglia indoor Karting centre in Ipswich

I've been within ten miles of Road America.. but that definitely doesn't count

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following user likes this Post: Swass

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Basically all the tracks the BTCC goes (or went, in the case of Rockingham) to, plus Castle Combe, although I watch more than just BTCC at the MSV-owned circuits as I have a season pass for them. Going to try to get to Cadwell this year as it's another MSV track, but they don't have that many 4-wheel events to choose from.

Over the years I've been to:

Brands Hatch (GP & Indy) - BTCC, DTM, British & Blancpain GT, Trucks, GT & LMP3 Cup, Britcar, various Historic meetings etc etc...
    Thruxton - BTCC
    Donington Park (GP & National) - BTCC, British GT, GT & LMP3 Cup, World Series by Renault
    Oulton Park (International & Island) - BTCC, British GT, Gold Cup
    Knockhill - BTCC
    Snetterton - BTCC, British GT, GT & LMP3 Cup
    Croft - BTCC
    Rockingham - BTCC
    Silverstone (GP & National) - F1 (once), WEC, BTCC, British & Blancpain GT, Silverstone Classic
    Castle Combe - Club racing (spectating!), trackday
    System: Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070 (laptop) 8GB | 250GB M.2 + 960GB SSD + 2TB HDD| Win10 Home 64bit | Xbox 360 Controller | Oculus Rift CV1

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Donington (trackday and a Renault Clio Cup race)
    Brands Hatch (multiple trackdays)
    Silverstone (trackday, F1 and the inaugural D1GP exhibition)
    Cadwell Park (trackday)
    Oulton Park (trackday)
    Snetterton (trackday)
    Castle Combe (trackday)
    Nürburgring GP (Blancpain and WEC)
    Le Mans (24 hour)

I thank that's it for me
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    Donington is my local track , Many trackdays here along with BTCC and Bikes.
    Nordschleife for trackdays , Nurburgring GP just to visit unfortunately so doesn’t count.
    Spa Franchorchamps not a trackday but have driven the track after the 24hrs of Spa 2007 whilst they was tidying up , we literally drove down the road that leads to an entrance at La Source and drove round steadily.
    Silverstone F1 GP , 96 I believe and 2008 on a very wet day.
    Brands Hatch track days
    Mallory Park track days
    Castle comb track day but not driving.
    Donington is also my local track. Snap.
    The following user likes this Post: Cholton82