Thread: SMS-R 2019 Discussion Thread

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

SMS-R 2019 Discussion Thread

This thread is to enable us, the players, the fans, maybe even a couple of the competing drivers, to discuss Project CARS 2 SMS-R 2019.

If this thread is in the wrong place, or anything else is incorrect, please fix it.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Personally, I like the format but would like to see a few slight changes which keep it esimilar but, in my opinion, improved:
    -A couple more rounds, 4 rounds seems to short.
    -All 30 drivers in GT3 machinery.
    -All drivers at the live final, which would be the final round.

Of course my "improved" version would be to take the series PC2 has licensed: Indycar and Pirelli World Challenge, and th a series of each of those during 2019. Of course, it might be necessary to use the 2016 schedules but I think this would be great for the game. Prize money could be split €10,000 in each, rather than €20,000 overall. Each would have a similar format to now, with a mix of teams and individuals qualifying.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    Personally, I like the format but would like to see a few slight changes which keep it esimilar but, in my opinion, improved:

Of course my "improved" version would be to take the series PC2 has licensed: Indycar and Pirelli World Challenge, and th a series of each of those during 2019. Of course, it might be necessary to use the 2016 schedules but I think this would be great for the game. Prize money could be split €10,000 in each, rather than €20,000 overall. Each would have a similar format to now, with a mix of teams and individuals qualifying.
    The mixed class is to make the series more "interesting". Watching some of the AOR events all GT3 sim racing gets boring after the first 5 or so laps. Traffic management adds an extra element (as long as the races are long enough).

I agree that 4 races seem too few however I'm sure the Pcars team is considering that some of the nominated drivers will be competing in other "Sim racing championships" like Iracing Project Shadow etc and see 4 races as a way to get participation from all/most of the invited teams.

As someone that has started to watch eSports a bit more (CWL, FGC events, Rainbow Six) it will be interesting to see how broadcasts are put together. It can't just be showing the races. They need to "introduce" the teams and the drivers, have VODs and highlights, the commentators need to be able "fill the space" talking about race strategies, driver histories, driver tendencies etc. The production team also need to learn the keyboard shortcuts so we can watch the broadcast with the broadcast controls on the screen (the last part makes the whole production look amateur).

I think all Sim Racing series (the last Mclaren Shadow broadcast did a good job) really struggle with the production side of making Sim Racing feel like an eSport not just some guy in his house (which is what they are doing for the most part) hosting and re-streaming a race. Gieco gaming have a weekly online FGC tournament which have guys broadcasting from home, but the way they handle the breaks between matches (say filling in the gaps before practice/between sessions) is done in a way that make it feel a little more professional and polished.

Hopefully the event organisers have had a look at how other eSports are operating so we can have something up to scratch.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post

You are right Stewy32, four rounds is too few. I my opinion there should be 6-7 rounds at minimum, as this will increase the dynamics of the race.