Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Career racing still buggy..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Career racing still buggy..

Time after time I keep trying the career mode, I want to complete the single player mode.
    I've eventually got into the GT4 and using the porsche cayman GT4, racing the red bull ring in the wet..
    During practice in the wet I can bang out consistent 1:00.500 during qualifying can set the fastest lap.
    Start the race fine and can slowly pull away from the pack, until the 3rd lap, every time it's the 3rd bloody lap and the car starts spinning as I turn in, doesn't matter if I'm on the brakes, throttle or coasting.
    I have authentic on so running abs and TCS and that is all tweaked nicely for the wet, allows me a little slip and with the diff settings the car is even controllable through puddles. But the 3rd lap, doesn't matter what corner it just spins... GRRRRR!.. Rant over, still love the game.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Are you on OG XB1 or XB1 X?
    Only on XB1 X can the game run properly with more than 14 AI.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Original xb1. Shouldn't matter though, it should be fixed, game has been out a year almost.
    I'm not going to buy a new console just for the game to run properly. I'll just give up with it and won't buy any other games if they require a newer console to run it properly.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Although there hasn't been any official word on it, as far as I know, the general consensus among us Xbox users is that this isn't something that can be "fixed." The OG Xbox simply isn't up to snuff for what the game demands. However, us OG users continue to hope with fingers crossed that a workaround may miraculously be implemented; that is custom grid sizes. Given how far we are into the lifespan of the game already though, I think it's safe to say we either accept the limitations of the OG Xbox, pay out for a 1X, or jump ship to PC.

I feel ya, though. I began to see rumblings of the OG Xbox affecting my career mode a few months back and it really sapped my enthusiasm for the game as a whole. And I can't justify buying a 1X since the purchase would be purely for pCars2's career mode and nothing else. Sux.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cxMilk View Post
    Although there hasn't been any official word on it, as far as I know, the general consensus among us Xbox users is that this isn't something that can be "fixed." The OG Xbox simply isn't up to snuff for what the game demands. However, us OG users continue to hope with fingers crossed that a workaround may miraculously be implemented; that is custom grid sizes. Given how far we are into the lifespan of the game already though, I think it's safe to say we either accept the limitations of the OG Xbox, pay out for a 1X, or jump ship to PC.

I feel ya, though. I began to see rumblings of the OG Xbox affecting my career mode a few months back and it really sapped my enthusiasm for the game as a whole. And I can't justify buying a 1X since the purchase would be purely for pCars2's career mode and nothing else. Sux.
    There are no more updates coming for this game, so there will be no fix.

Also, buying an X would not just be for this game. You will get major benefits even if you do not have a 4K display. Better frame rates in all games, 60fps in 1080p etc etc
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Also, buying an X would not just be for this game.
    For me, it would be. Outside of pCars, I pretty much just play smaller indie games. Frame rate is rarely, if ever, an issue and I've never cared one way or another for graphical fidelity in any game I've played. Honestly, even if I did play AAA or more taxing titles, I still don't know if I could justify the cost.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Why the fudge did they release it on og xb one..
    Why not just market it for the X so the og xb one owners don't get hacked off with the poor gameplay...
    If there is not going to be any further updates then I'm done with it the game.
    I'm not replacing a perfectly good working console because the developers can't be arsed to make the game work properly on it.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul-GTI View Post
    Why not just market it for the X so the og xb one owners don't get hacked off with the poor gameplay...
    Pretty certain this is down to Microsoft. If memory serves, Microsoft stipulated that companies couldn't release 1x-only games. Games had to be compatible with all versions of the Xbox One so as not to divide the Xbox One userbase.

The OG Xbox One was obviously the baseline for the game given its (lack of) power compared to the other platforms. Console testing was handed over to a third party and my personal speculation is that the third party testing didn't do a thoroughly rigorous test compared to SMS's in-house and WMD PC testing. I think SMS was probably well aware of some of the shortcomings of the OG Xbox One version compared to other versions but were likely unaware of the career issues until after release and we OG users started running into the issue. Not blindly defending SMS here, but based on how things occurred, I think it's a safe assumption.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Stewy32, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul-GTI View Post
    If there is not going to be any further updates then I'm done with it the game.
    I'm not replacing a perfectly good working console because the developers can't be arsed to make the game work properly on it.
    You do know that the brand new Kingdom Hearts 3 runs at 720p on your perfectly good console right? With blurry graphics. Just like your perfectly good console is the worst console to play the new COD BO4 on. Right? Your console isn't perfectly good.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't play any of those games.. It does play rdr2 absolutely fine.. My perfectly good working order og doesn't over heat plays majority of the games I want to play absolutely fine.
    So until it dies I'm not replacing it.. And I'm not going to kill it out of rage because the developers/Microsoft can't be arsed to fix issues with the game for a console it is marketed for, in an attempt to push people towards purchasing the newer consoles.
    Like I said, if there's not going to be a fix I'm done with it. And if/when there's a pc3 I'll just skip that too.