Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Career racing still buggy..

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul-GTI View Post
    I don't play any of those games.. It does play rdr2 absolutely fine.. My perfectly good working order og doesn't over heat plays majority of the games I want to play absolutely fine.
    So until it dies I'm not replacing it.. And I'm not going to kill it out of rage because the developers/Microsoft can't be arsed to fix issues with the game for a console it is marketed for, in an attempt to push people towards purchasing the newer consoles.
    Like I said, if there's not going to be a fix I'm done with it. And if/when there's a pc3 I'll just skip that too.
    RDR2 looks worst on OG Xbox than all consoles you can play it on. Go check out Digital Foundry video.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Original xb1. Shouldn't matter though, it should be fixed, game has been out a year almost.
    I'm not going to buy a new console just for the game to run properly. I'll just give up with it and won't buy any other games if they require a newer console to run it properly.
    It can't be fixed though, as it is an issue on Xbox's side instead of SMSs
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Why the fudge did they release it on og xb one..
    Why not just market it for the X so the og xb one owners don't get hacked off with the poor gameplay...
    If there is not going to be any further updates then I'm done with it the game.
    I'm not replacing a perfectly good working console because the developers can't be arsed to make the game work properly on it.
    -To start off with Xbox doesn't have the ability to recognise 1X exclusive.
    -The core of the game works fine by itself, so it is missing out on a lot of potential sales and happy customers by not selling on OG XB1 even if they could do that.
    -And if they didn't sell on XB1 whatsoever that would be a huge blow to sales and popularity.
    -I personally find the gameplay on the OG XB1 the best experience I have ever had in gaming.
    -As already stated, the issue is on Microsofts side instead of SMSs.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't play any of those games.. It does play rdr2 absolutely fine.. My perfectly good working order og doesn't over heat plays majority of the games I want to play absolutely fine.
    So until it dies I'm not replacing it.. And I'm not going to kill it out of rage because the developers/Microsoft can't be arsed to fix issues with the game for a console it is marketed for, in an attempt to push people towards purchasing the newer consoles.
    Like I said, if there's not going to be a fix I'm done with it. And if/when there's a pc3 I'll just skip that too.
    When their is a PC3 it will be on the next generation of consoles. Microsoft aren't going to wait a decade before releasing a new console.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I get your point that (there is nothing wrong I do not need to replace it) However, the X does everything better. It is not just Pcars2, its for ALL games. The OG Xbox is now over 5 years old. Tech is constantly upgraded. 5 years ago is now outdated. Try to do that with a PC with current titles and playing at max settings. Microsoft is not trying to push anyone into buying new stuff. The X is an upgrade, plain and simple. You DO NOT need to use 4K to benefit from an X. PS4 did the same thing with the Pro.

I have an OG, S and 2 Xs. I can tell you hands down the X plays soooo much better on all of my titles even older ones over the OG. I am not talking 4K either. I game on 2 displays, a 1080p Samsung LED and a 4Ke Projector. Even on my 1080p TV the difference is large. Being able to play a smooth 1080p @ 60fps in games like Forza 7 or Horizon is awesome, which the OG cannot handle. You are really missing out. Prior to the holidays you could have traded in your OG and picked up an X for $200ish. $200 is WELL worth the upgrade.

To say RDR2 plays "fine" on the OG is kind of comical, because if you played it on an X you would understand where I am coming from.....
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Guys thanks for all the input and some sympathy.
    I understand that the og one is dated, but it works and I'm not in a financial position to justify spaffing out the money on an X regardless that it plays every game better.

I'm a very casual player, playing some evenings to relax, and on that again I can't justify replacing an old machine that isn't broken.
    It just winds me up that after paying full price for a title I enjoyed and the dlc because I love the variety of cars and tracks, I feel very much left in the pit lane not able to enjoy the game.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-11-27_09-01-14.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	245.9 KB 
ID:	264885
    I'm lucky enough to maintain 2 of these, plus a lotus esprit and I get to drive them and set them up for track days. At the end of the day I have to hand the keys back.