Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Project CALC - car/track leaderboards for consoles

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Great! Let me know if you have any issues!
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - unified leaderboards - Forum thread

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi , I got the update scripts to work hard past week, and the leaderboards now contain all tracks, all vehicles in all (valid) combinations. Phew!

Because it's not really possible to keep all combinations updated regularly, I made a litte "Update" button. Pressing this will force a new web scrape of the PC leaderboard. Depending on the leaderboard, this will take anywhere between 5 seconds and a minute.
    When it's done, the page will refresh, and show "Leaderboard updated" in top left corner. See pic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	269591

Laptimes by console players, or PC players, using the PCalcUpdater tool, will of course be instantly visible without the need of any web scraping, as always.
    And as before, the most common combos and then some, will still be updated regularly as before.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    New update soon released. I'm working on a graphical interface, that makes things easier for you. This would replace the command line program called PCalcUpdater.exe.
    With this new program, you can easily switch between Custom and Default setup, for example. It still uploads your laptimes to the database, but there's also a dash page, that shows speed, rpm, gear, tyre temps, suspension damage etc.
    Not quite ready for release yet, but if anybody wants to try it, just let me know.

Name:	7.jpg 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	273317
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Website updated with a new feature: Graphs over WR progression for every car-track combo. You need to have a car selected, not just a class. Then you'll have a button at the bottom: Show WR graph. Click it, and you'll see something like this below the leaderboard:

Name:	wrgraph.jpg 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	273799

Also, when selecting a class, only cars in that class are selectable in the car dropdown. To reset, set class to Any class.
    And the Filter button will now turn red when you have a filter active.
    I've also done some database optimizations to speed it up.
    Last edited by Maskmagog; 22-09-2019 at 15:21.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cpcdem

Platform
    XBOX1 X

New GUI version

*** New GUI version ***, with graphic ui, and a kind of dash
    This works the same way as the old command line version when sending your laps to the db. Plus you get a dash page, where you can see different car info such as tyre temps, brake temp, suspension damage etc. You also get the Time Trial leaderboard, in all the yellow LCD glory directly in the app. And a tab with all your personal laps for the combo, and a tab for the complete leaderboard.
    Screenshot:

Name:	gui_example.jpg 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	273801

You can set km/h or mph, change from Custom to Default setup etc directly from the app.
    On the TT Mode tab, you can click on any name to set that as your target. Click on your own name to set yourself as target.
    This also works alongside other UDP apps you might run on your PC.

Download here: https://projectcalc.org/download.php.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, JasonSandwich

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I really like what you guys are doing here. Great project!

Just added a link to your project to my alternative Steam leaderboard. Finally there is a helpful answer for people looking for a similar service on consoles.
    http://pcars.13ms.de - Alternative PC Leaderboard
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, JasonSandwich, Maskmagog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thanks man! Same to you!
    Yeah, leaderboards for console players is not very useful, sadly. I barely did TT before I managed to get this together, even if I really enjoy TT.

Really appreciate the link, again thanks!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Added some stuff to the website. If you click on a players name (or enter it in the search box), you will not only see all their best laps for every combo, you will also see how many WR they hold, and for what combo. WR will be golden, or rather orange, in the table. For some players the page looks like this:

Name:	david_short_wr.jpg 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	274271
    What happened in the Porsche GT1, david_short?

On the stats page, there is tables for most popular tracks, vehicles and combos, plus lists over the 200 users with the most laps, and the most WR.
    Some interesting data, I would not have guessed that Kart @ Chesterfield would be top 20 in most popular combos.

There's quite a lot of MySQL queries done on the page, so it takes some time to load. I'll try to speed it up as much as I can.

I've also changed the way it handles changed usernames. Now, it updates the username to the latest used, so for example cpcdem's records set with '[TCSR] cpcdem' name will be changed back to 'cpcdem' when the update scripts run. This way the list of WR holders is more correct. Still not 100% sure that it's correct, but I haven't found any errors yet. If you do, please let me know.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, cry_inc

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hey very nice! Just one thing I had been thinking about since long ago, about how to measure WRs that really "matter". I mean it is one thing to make a WR with a car nobody uses at a track version nobody uses to get 1st out of 2 or 3 or 10 lap times in total (I have done this as well of course ), and it's another managing to get a WR fighting with other 1000 people...

So I was thinking maybe you could check for every WR somebody has, how many people have participated in that combo, add this number for every of his WRs and calculate a total. Then list WR holders sorted by that number. Or something along those lines. I know, maybe it's complicated, but you've shown very interested in doing very complicated things in the past months in this project

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Totally understand, yeah, something like that would be interesting. I'll see what I can do
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem