Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CALC - car/track leaderboards for consoles

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi breeminator, thanks! I'm not a professional software developer, you can imagine how much time it has taken me

We have actually a test version on a server, https://projectcalc.org. It's not finished at all, it's on a slow server etc, but it seems to be working just fine, for me anyway. It's still in development, but if you want you can try it out. I have a small program that runs on a Windows PC, just a small console program that reads & interprets the udp feed, and then sends valid laps in Time Trial to the database.

Once the program is running, launch a browser and go to projectcalc.org, enter your gamertag on the settings page, then enter your platform/controller/normal setup used. From the leaderboard page, press Race Mode button, and hopefully you will see your name at the bottom, world record on top, and chosen number of rivals that's just ahead of you on the leaderboard. When you set a lap, improve your lap time, or change car/track, the page should pick that up and update accordingly.
    The laptimes is of course recorded even if you don't browse to the site, as long as the PCalcUpdater.exe is running.

All cars and tracks aren't in the database. Let me know if you miss a certain car or track.
    Start the exe before entering Time Trial. The UDP feed only sends info on username, car, track etc at certain points, so if you start the PCalcUpdater too late, it might take a while before it's sent again. The program will write a message to console when it's picked up. It will also write a bunch of other stuff, like sector times etc, and if a lap is sent to the db.

There's plenty of car and track naming errors in the udp feed. I have to correct them manually in the program. Some cars have no spaces in the names, some have underscores etc. Let me know if you find any weird names.

Always get latest version here: projectcalc.org/download.php

Remember it's just a test version, but I'd really appreciate if you (or someone) wants to test it. I'm still testing stuff, so some buttons etc on the site might not do anything, etc etc
    And don't be afraid to suggest improvements, I have no doubt that everything can be improved.
    Last edited by Maskmagog; 14-06-2019 at 08:24. Reason: Changed download link from old version
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - unified leaderboards - Forum thread
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I want to make sure people know that all you need to do for your times to be recorded is:

1. Start the exe (and make sure it connects)
    2. Make sure you're in UDP v1 instead of v2 within the game (you should only need to do this once)
    3. Go to Time Trial and do some laps.

The web page makes it much more fun but the times will still be uploaded to the database so that you can choose to go back and check them out later. Race mode on the website is fantastic but to contribute times you only need to have the executable running. That's it!
    Xbox One X - Thrustmaster TX and T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer Randomizer (thread) - ProjectCALC
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Update: Web site is much faster now, see https://projectcalc.org.

Always get latest version here: projectcalc.org/download.php

If you enjoy time trial on console, I would love to hear what you think.
    Last edited by Maskmagog; 14-06-2019 at 08:25.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    New version that supports point-to-point tracks, grab it at projectcalc.org

It's a small, lightweight program that runs on Windows, or for example a Raspberry Pi.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    New version, grab it at projectcalc.org/download.php

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Update 0.5.5.20: added check so it won't upload laps before track, vehicle etc is received. Also added info about new versions available. Update available at projectcalc.org/download.php

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Update 0.5.5.21: Added app version to database, for easier error checking. Still issues with and sometimes it seems. Please update to the new version at projectcalc.org/download.php.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Made some changes on the server side, and etc should work fine now.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi Maskmogog,

first, I want to thank you for your great work with Project CALC,
    I know how much work that was & I hope that you will continue to work on it in the future.

Now I have some questions for you :

For example I would like to know if there is the possibility to change the program settings ?

In the console window of "Project CALC" you can see that ...

Settings: Timetrialonly: Y and validlapsonly: Y
    Replay? 0=no, 1=yes: 0

In my opinion, it should only be possible for the best times to come into the database,
    which were also driven under time trials & so far it looks like it.

But it also looks as if there are somewhere settings options,
    because where a "Y" is, could also be an "N" or right ?

If I understood you correctly, you can use Project CALC, for example, exclusively in private circles.
    One operates the "Project CALC"-server, but does the lap time from the Steam Leaderboard also end up in the database or can one adjust that too ?

And my final question :

I've created a bookmark & if I click on it, I'll end up on the right page, but I'll have to click on "Show Leaderboard" to see the table.
    I think it's because the necessary COOKIE has to be created first.

OK Maskmagog, again, you have done a great job & I hope that in the future more console players,
    like me with my PS4 use your "Project CALC".

Have a nice evening and a great weekend.

psFiNCH

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi psFiNCH!
    Thank you, it makes me happy that you find it useful! I'm just a hobby programmer, but I really enjoy this and will hopefully be able to support and develop this further.

Regarding the settings: They are a leftover from previous versions. At first, I ran everything on a local Raspberry Pi. I then had an option to allow all laps, or just laps in time trial, and to allow only valid laps or invalid laps too. When I moved everything to a server, I deleted those options, and only allow valid laps set in time trial mode.
    The replay settings output is also a leftover from testing. I discovered that the program had difficulties separating "live" laps from replays.
    I will delete the console output regarding these things, as they are now obsolete. It is not possible to change them.

Regarding private circles, I am working on the possibilty to setup private leagues. Can't promise when it will be ready, but hopefully soon. Most of the work is done, just need to find the time for the last bits, and for some testing. It will be a no-frills solution, no passwords etc, to make it as easy as possible. I'll post here when there's a test version! The times set in a private league will also be inserted in the 'main' leaderboard.

The last question is something I can't answer actually It might be the cookie, it might be the way parameters are passed to the php, I'm not sure. It is a bit annoying, if anyone has a suggestion please let me know!

Again, thanks! Yes, hopefully more console players find this useful, please spread the word! And when Project CARS 3 comes out, I'll be ready