Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: What would be the fix?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojofilter14 View Post
    So, that crazy mclaren setup. I did it full on. Took me 3 years to warm the tires up because I had to run so slow, so I changed that rear camber to 3.0. Go figure, after 5, 6 laps the car understeers. So I put the rear camber to 1.5. Got .5 faster. Still down, but i'm working on this now. My goal is to atleast get into the 1:43s. With fuel and an open rad. I'm just not a TT guy. Setup has to last to count lol. I have a few ideas, if I can do it I know I can learn gt cars. Thank you Blink. This gt stuff is fun. By the way, since you run the ovals, whats your best grp c time at texas? I'm top of the board 24.439. Curious how I stack up.
    Well I don't care what the best time is, I have a 23.940, 1/18. I have a 24.278 as well but I haven't run this car there since 11/17. Texas is too hard because you have to drive, lift on corner entry to turn 1.

Hey when considering coming over to La La Land by building your PC consider that the 2nd largest Forum by threads and posts is PC Technical Help and Support.

Just kidding, I have 2 of the 3 fastest times(1st and 3rd) so you would be 4th.
    Last edited by blinkngone; Today at 03:48.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So, that crazy mclaren setup. I did it full on. Took me 3 years to warm the tires up because I had to run so slow, so I changed that rear camber to 3.0. Go figure, after 5, 6 laps the car understeers. So I put the rear camber to 1.5. Got .5 faster. Still down, but i'm working on this now. My goal is to atleast get into the 1:43s. With fuel and an open rad. I'm just not a TT guy. Setup has to last to count lol. I have a few ideas, if I can do it I know I can learn gt cars. Thank you Blink. This gt stuff is fun. By the way, since you run the ovals, whats your best grp c time at texas? I'm top of the board 24.439. Curious how I stack up.
    Well, you can think of TT setups as qualifying setups! Those are very useful, too

Personally I am still inconclusive regarding if Kramarsky's setup is a great one, or he is just simply trolling us . Because also in default setup the car feels nice, except maybe that it is tail happy under power. Need to get more familiar with the car to understand what the setup changes do, too tired now, but will continue tomorrow.
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well youve got me by a bunch lol. Yeah, was a pc guy for years. I know they throw fits. But, well I dont know. We'll see. Lol. Cpcdem, I'm so new to gt cars, a month, serious trying in gt cars, this post that I wouldnt know. I do know his diff looks very close to my p2 diff, and ive done better with stiffer dampers at Imola. Im going to keep playing too. Man guys, this has been a blast for 3 days. Learning, cars, and what certain things do in a setup, trying new stuff I never would have tried on my own. Thank yall so much. Looking fwd to this driving stuff more and more everyday. Wont have a full weekend to drive for awhile. Kids over this weekend, though my 14 yo boy is decent in a renault gt and can run 1:35 in a p2 at imola. The next weekend is daytona 24 so ill be in my chair for that. Then its off to the start of my racing season, Homestead, and then texas. The weekend after that I'll have another full sat/sun to run.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Well youve got me by a bunch lol. Yeah, was a pc guy for years. I know they throw fits. But, well I dont know. We'll see. Lol. Cpcdem, I'm so new to gt cars, a month, serious trying in gt cars, this post that I wouldnt know. I do know his diff looks very close to my p2 diff, and ive done better with stiffer dampers at Imola. Im going to keep playing too. Man guys, this has been a blast for 3 days. Learning, cars, and what certain things do in a setup, trying new stuff I never would have tried on my own. Thank yall so much. Looking fwd to this driving stuff more and more everyday. Wont have a full weekend to drive for awhile. Kids over this weekend, though my 14 yo boy is decent in a renault gt and can run 1:35 in a p2 at imola. The next weekend is daytona 24 so ill be in my chair for that. Then its off to the start of my racing season, Homestead, and then texas. The weekend after that I'll have another full sat/sun to run.
    Cool, the Corvette guys drafted to the pole again in practice. What are the Ford guys thinking? Maybe they will figure it out for the race.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I haven't been following. Between real job, (construction), and my fun job, and getting my full 2019 sched finalised, i'm a starter. It's been hectic lately. But I don't miss a race. IMSA, go to Mid Ohio In person, WEC, ELMS, ASLMS, I watch them all. Not always live because of my travel racing. But I watch them all.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just thought of this. Do you have any wheel settings you recomend?

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That's highly dependable on the wheel you use. With my G29 I use 100,8-15,60,0-5. Can't use larger volume because my wrists start aching.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thats a good start with my g920. Ill try it when i get home. Ive just noticed i have a lot of understeer which i can tune out most places. But my setups are always way off from most peoples.