Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broken rain physics

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Broken rain physics

In Carreer mode, Formule Renault, hockenheim national. But had that problem before and i stopped playing the game. Having fun with the game again but problem is back.

I got a setup for the dry practice session, kinde works. Have to be careful going on the throttle coming out of slower corners not to spin up the rears. Good. Quali-session it rains, exact same setup but with rain tires and the rears are glued to the track. Cant spin em up even if i STOMP the gas. All assists off apart form ABS-low. Been putting the diff to all sorts of extremes and inbetween but nothing seems to change it. If i go full gass the car just power understeers straight off track. The wheels do not spin up and the revs aren't going up neather. Something is holding the engine back and the diff seems to keep both wheels totally in check. I can hear the engine sounding off and feel that the rear axle is being manipulated aswell.

EXACT same setup and setting as in the dry where i can happy tail it out of every corner.

Been messing around with the settings and setup in all sorts of ways to find the cause but the game keeps ruining it and makes me power-understeer out of every fnkng corner. Formule Renault in the wet,... should be able to light up the rear tires no ?

Platform
    PC
    Ok, since no one else will step up I'll give it a go.

As you approach the corner, ffaartt, this will break your rear end loose.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1518868

Not everyone has a problem as you described.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I'll reinstall the game then tho i doubt that'll solve it. To get a little rotation in the car i made a frankenstein setup with a ton of rear tire presure and set up the diff for a drift car basicly. Frustrating to say the least to try and work with this broken shit.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Biafra View Post
    ... work with this broken shit.
    Please stop the swearing, it won't get you much credit nor help. Yes it can be frustrating if things don't seem to work, but staying polite and open to suggestions is the only way to get things solved.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Zaskarspants

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I did a few quick tests and I am not seeing the problem you describe. In first gear, it is extremely easy to spin the car, both in the dry and the wet. In 2nd gear, it's not so easy in either, but if you stomp the gas when the revs are still low and have the wheel turned, then it spins again, both in the dry and wet. If I put very low rear downforce, then I can spin it easily also in 3rd and 4th, always easier to spin it when the revs are low.

Personally I would indeed expect that it would be much easier to have the rear loose in the wet than in the dry, now it seems to be about the same in both conditions. But no way that it is even more glued to the track in the wet than in the dry, not seeing this at all... Maybe your specific setup causes this?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I started off with my dry setup. What felt normal and throttle controle needed for slow exits in the dry. For the wet I ended up making the front softer and the rear much stiffer with higher tire pressures and changing the diff to allow tons of wheelspin. Got it some what fun to race but the setting I had to change defy all logic

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Biafra View Post
    I started off with my dry setup. What felt normal and throttle controle needed for slow exits in the dry. For the wet I ended up making the front softer and the rear much stiffer with higher tire pressures and changing the diff to allow tons of wheelspin. Got it some what fun to race but the setting I had to change defy all logic
    If you make the front softer there is MORE weight transfer from acceleration, so more grip in the rear. Sure it will be more oversteery on turn-in, but if you want more wheelspin in a straight line, also stiffen the front.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    If you make the front softer there is MORE weight transfer from acceleration, so more grip in the rear. Sure it will be more oversteery on turn-in, but if you want more wheelspin in a straight line, also stiffen the front.
    The amount of weight transfer is independent from your suspension stiffness.
    The only thing you're changing with this is the lateral load distribution.

And a softer front suspension results in more lateral load and therefore less mechanical grip on the rear axle.

Edit: To add to that, if what you said was true, stiffer ARBs would reduce the lateral load transfer, which they don't.
    Last edited by Bealdor; 16-01-2019 at 13:16.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    The amount of weight transfer is independent from your suspension stiffness.
    The only thing you're changing with this is the lateral load distribution.

And a softer front suspension results in more lateral load and therefore less mechanical grip on the rear axle.

Edit: To add to that, if what you said was true, stiffer ARBs would reduce the lateral load transfer, which they don't.
    In a straight line either the rear dropping or the front raising(which will increase with softer fronts) will increase the load on the rear tyres. In cornering you're right, but I specifically excluded that.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)