Thread: Replays

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Replays

Hello guys,
    after 45 minutes online race (15-16 racers) I'm not able to save more than 35 minutes of replay. I deleted all pictures and videos. Same situation is on the side of my fellow racers. Most of us saved the replays, seems that the saved file is correct, we can view the replay, but the replay is just 35 minutes long. Thats happened in last 3 races. Any suggestions how to fix this issue?

Platform
    PC
    Unfortunately there is no fix available because there are file size restrictions on consoles.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Unfortunately there is no fix available because there are file size restrictions on consoles.
    Thank you for promt answer. Is anything what we can do for that? Smaller resolution, less udp, or restrict views? Can you write some background information, what data is the game collecting and how its stored?
    Is any posiibility to save the replays to HDD?
    The one of big benefist od PC2 against other sims, is the replay mode. We often making race highlights, but seems that we must organize shorter races atm.
    Cheers
    Roman

Platform
    PC
    I fear the only way to increase replay length is to race smaller grids. Less cars -> less data, but I'm not sure how much time you could gain per car.
    Unfortunately you can't circumvent that limit by just saving the replays on your local drive, sorry.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Sorry to hear that. Its on the MRCSW side right? Can you please note this issue for the next release (PC3) . During previous season we had up to 10 finishers and the one hour replays was not problem (you need to deleted all pics and videos). Because of these nice race highlights from replays we was able to increase our grid up to max, but now we lost the oportunity of the replays and unfortunately a lot of things happening in the last 10 minutes of the race so we miss a lot of battles.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I’m having the exact same problem. For me this was very disappointing as I love watching the racing more than actually driving myself. It’s a real shame as I was really hoping to exploit this feature and use it to the full with some good multi-class races. I just don’t understand through, if you can save multiple 30 minute race replays like in Forza and Gran Tursimo, why can’t Project Cars 2 do the same?
    Last edited by HotRodRacer463; 23-01-2019 at 14:14.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodRacer463 View Post
    I just don’t understand through, if you can save multiple 30 minute race replays like in Forza and Gran Tursimo, why can’t Project Cars 2 do the same?
    Those are first party titles (i.e. they get to do things they won't allow the competition to do).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips