Thread: My vision for the future of Motorsport

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

My vision for the future of Motorsport

This will be WIP for a while as I add to it. Please leave your thoughts and comments, I'm interested.

CATEGORIES
    LMP1= Similar to current LMP1-H, LMP1-L and DPi
    LMP2= Similar to current LMP2
    LMP3= Similar to current LMP3
    LMP4= Club prototypes such as Radicals and Ligier JSP4s
    LMGT1= Similar to the 2020/21 Hypercar regulations for FIA WEC, but slower
    LMGT2= Similar to current LMGTE, DTM and GT500
    GT3= Similar to current GT3
    GT4= Similar to current GT4
    F1= Similar to current F1
    F2= Similar to current F2
    F3= Similar to current F3
    F4= Similar to current F4
    TC= Similar to TCR and NGTC(sort of merging them together)

These are some of the "global" categories. Of course series such as Indycar, Formula E, Super Forumla, Australian Supercars etc. could and probably would still run to their own regs. These are categories which, other than Formula 1, appear in multiple series.
    I am yet to put Rally, Rallycross and a few more up. As I said, it is still WIP.

Platform
    PC
    The only things I would do differently there is leave all the classes as is, but make DPi a global category. LMGTP would probably be the best name for it. Since DTM and GT500 is practically merging and becoming Class 1, I would just leave it like that. I would also do away with GTE since GT3 and GTE have so much overlap to the point where the Ferrari 488 (and I guess Aston Martin will be doing the same) can compete in both classes, just the car can be "upgraded" to compete in whatever series.

As far as fixing F1, that's another can of worms.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    The only things I would do differently there is leave all the classes as is, but make DPi a global category. LMGTP would probably be the best name for it. Since DTM and GT500 is practically merging and becoming Class 1, I would just leave it like that. I would also do away with GTE since GT3 and GTE have so much overlap to the point where the Ferrari 488 (and I guess Aston Martin will be doing the same) can compete in both classes, just the car can be "upgraded" to compete in whatever series.

As far as fixing F1, that's another can of worms.
    For F1 I honest have no clue what to do. Or to be more correct, I know what I think would work best I just don't know whether it is what would be best for the sport, and this was made using both these factors.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    . I would also do away with GTE since GT3 and GTE have so much overlap.
    Or upgrade GTE. Let them get much faster than GT3, and maybe slow GT3 down by restricting aero.
    But I'd happy with your suggestion too. Merge the rulebook so the teams can compete at WEC in between their blancpain or elms ventures.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Or upgrade GTE. Let them get much faster than GT3, and maybe slow GT3 down by restricting aero.
    But I'd happy with your suggestion too. Merge the rulebook so the teams can compete at WEC in between their blancpain or elms ventures.
    This. I think GTE as a class just doesn't have the overlap over GT3 to remain viable for too much longer. It's too much more expensive and the gains over running GT3 or Prototypes just really aren't there. I feel the same way about GT3 and GT3 cup cars competing in the same events under different classes - There's just not enough class overlap.

As a sidenote I also think DPi is a much better class structure move than LMP2 and would like to see the regulations adopted on the world stage as well. I think that many manufacturers would like a chance to run prototypes but the current LMP1/Hypercar climate scares them away in terms of returns. It's nice to see Cadillac, Honda and Mazda back in prototype action and being competitive. I think that the structure opens the doors to the likes of other companies as well, like Ford, Jaguar and even previous modern LMP contenders like Audi and Porsche. Opening LMP2 to factory involvement and loosening the regulations somewhat has made DPi a very interesting and competitive class.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I would like to see DPi cars eligible for Le Mans at least.

Platform
    PS4
    I like the DPi idea. Level the field with fuel flow restrictions like LMP1H?
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10