Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear SMS, please, we need a fix for rammers online (couple of suggestions inside).

Platform
    PC

Dear SMS, please, we need a fix for rammers online (couple of suggestions inside).

Hi all!

First of all let me clarify - I LOVE this game! I've been with it since early beta of PCARS 1, and, oh boy, it's been a wonderful journey!
    I truly believe SMS created the best all-around racing game and gathered the greatest community around it.
    The physics, the graphics, the cars, the sound, the feeling, the help from the community, the third-party tools - PCARS is out of touch.
    And i haven't tried VR even (that and DD wheel with a proper setup is my goal). Even though I'm able to play on weekends only I still think it's worth investing money into.

So as I've dealt over with the first part, let's get to the point.
    Today I've spent around 4 hours online and it was a god dam wreckfest. Each lobby I joined had someone who intentionally rammed into people.
    I was able to set like 1 or 2 clean laps in qualy and finish 0 races during these 4-hours. And the saddest think I (and other people in the lobby) were completely helpless.
    The only option was to change lobby. But, even on weekends there aren't too many lobbies with at least 5 people inside, and today it seems everyone had a rammer

Such situations really demotivate players.

Why the rating system doesn't help:
    I can't raise my safety rating even If I drive super clean, but get kicked off the track regularly by other players.
    To get into clean racing lobby you have to have E+ rating, which you basically can't get playing in U/F lobbies. I was really close at some point, but today went from half F to zero U.

Joining a racing league also seems problematic for me - I can't really predict when I'm able to play during the week.
    Is there any community of casual racers that doesn't have strict schedule? If so, please point me to it.

Ok to last part - suggested solutions from easiest to hardest to implement:

1) Reduce the % of votes required to kick a player from lobby: 33% is the baseline, if the lobby is smaller than 9 people, 3 votes is a minimum. Today that would have solved the problem;
    And remove the ability to kick between sessions - can't really understand why people keep spamming "Vote to kick" when a player changes setup or pit strategy before the race, even if others have already pushed "Ready" - you won't die if you wait for 1,5 minutes.

2) Make a strict rule - 3 collisions with damage - you get DNF and ported to boxes. Get 3 "collision DNF" within 8 hours - you get banned from Multiplayer for a week. If next week you do the same - ban will be extended for 2x the time. *This option is tricky - as it will affect both the rammer and the victim since it's impossible to tell who is guilty.

3) Make an option of subscription-based multiplayer. It can co-exist with the normal one, but the lobbies will be separated and you can get into the one with subscription players only if you are invited. Subscription players can get into any type of lobby.
    Since this option will generate some additional revenue for the company - provide additional service of incident investigation - e.g. if you notice a rammer in a lobby - send a ticket with an evidence (video or qualy/race record). If the player is found guilty of unsporting behavior: first time he gets a warning, second - week ban, third - permanent multiplayer ban.

Mix of the these options is possible.

Banned
    Game's dead. They will not make any more changes or fixes.

But you have other titles for pc that are better in those points you mention and have updates regularly.

Although Project Cars have a low player base and even if they manage to make Project Cars 3, if that was implemented, the player base would be even lower.

Platform
    PC
    Everyone starts at a U safety rating so the very existence of drivers with safety ratings above U means people really *can* advance up the ranking system. That's how those other driver got to where they are.

When I first started, I focused exclusively on the safety letter and ignored the numbe that came after it.

I lost a lot of positions and/or races that I might have otherwise won with a little risk-taking. But taking risks can often result in contact so I simply took losses while increasing my safety rating. Accelerating toward a heavy breaking zone with a U-rated driver inches off your rear bumper has a predictable outcome. (You will likely get punted) Instead, I would just "step asside" lift, and then tuck back in after surrendering the position.

Once my safety rating started moving up, I started racing in higher safety-ranked lobbies and taking more risks.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following user likes this Post: VeryStef

Platform
    PC
    sunk in the gravel , maybe a solution for rammers, pity about the time to upload the replay, but can not resist to upload the picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rammer.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	264210
    CPU: Intel i7 4790 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 | RAM: 8GB | OS: Windows 10
    Wheel: Logitech G27 Monitor: Benq XL2420T | Helmet view with FOV 60
    The following 3 users likes this Post: FatnSlo, KANETAKER, Olijke Poffer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    it's really, REALLY easy getting out of U/F.

Just don't try to win or go fast: at the start of the race try to survive with no contacts, then choose someone who seems to be an able driver and stay behind him.

Race close to him with no contact, and your license % will skyrocket.

Rinse and repeat until you reach E+ or D+, then you will usually find cleaner lobbies.

BTW the guy in the screenshot above is a known crasher: he teams up with another human waste, usually in purple renaults, and ambushes other drivers during the races. It's a shame that SMS has NO policy whatsoever against this kind of "users", and this frankly disqualifies the company.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FatnSlo, VeryStef

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    it's really, REALLY easy getting out of U/F.

BTW the guy in the screenshot above is a known crasher: he teams up with another human waste, usually in purple renaults, and ambushes other drivers during the races. It's a shame that SMS has NO policy whatsoever against this kind of "users", and this frankly disqualifies the company.
    Not sure what you mean by 'policy against this kind of user' but the racing license was introduce to promote clean racing and prevent trolls from entering your lobby. Now, very few people use a high safety rank for their lobbies (F and E rank is not enough), and this frankly disqualifies most of the lobby hosts.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by foxymop View Post
    Game's dead. They will not make any more changes or fixes.

But you have other titles for pc that are better in those points you mention and have updates regularly.

Although Project Cars have a low player base and even if they manage to make Project Cars 3, if that was implemented, the player base would be even lower.
    Oh, you're back.

A Project CARS 3 will be made.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I think I'll give my views on this, all are nice ideas but I think their are issues:
    1) I'm not to sure about this, as it could enable friends to team up and kick someone for beating them or be used they just don't like them, particularly in smaller lobbies. I think maybe 50% would work quite well.

2) I agree with your statement that it is tricky to measure incident fault, but I hope that if it was made obvious enough clean but unlucky drivers simply wouldn't do a third race to risk a ban. Again, maybe it would be worth using the limit to a higher number ( such as 1 per x amount of time or laps) to help with longer races and also still allow small but acceptable contact which can occur whilst battling hard but fair.

3) This one is my least favourite, to be honest. I don't think creating a pay barrier to a cleaner experience is a good idea, particularly if their is still the ability for less clean drivers to pay their way into it still. I don't think this would work.

Overall, good ideas though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    Oh, you're back.

A Project CARS 3 will be made.
    Oh you're the kid that say that all reported bugs are made up, aren't you? Lol
    I hope they make it. Like that console. I always like to have a laugh.

Platform
    PC
    "BTW the guy in the screenshot above is a known crasher: he teams up with another human waste, usually in purple renaults, and ambushes other drivers during the races. It's a shame that SMS has NO policy whatsoever against this kind of "users", and this frankly disqualifies the company."

Haha, yeah, I got that purple one in the lobbies this weekend. His nickname is Pyromancer.
    It's a shame they are famous and can't be dealt with.
    The lack of punishment provokes such behavior, if they are not limited in it they will repeat it.

"Rinse and repeat until you reach E+ or D+, then you will usually find cleaner lobbies."

As for the rating - I got 50+F and did my best to do clean racing - the only incident that I caused during the weekend was a rear-bump under heavy breaking with like 2 aero damage. The rest of the crashes were either "turn-one" side bumps or intentional wrecks caused by rammers. If you ever faced that purple dude you know what I mean.
    And as for "rinse and repeat" I've got 4-6 hours at most a week to "rinse and repeat", so repeat thing could take months if I'm unlucky to play when those dudes are online

And I don't really like the approach to treat the symptom rather than the illness. I'm not in an MMO to grind for "rep" for months.
    Btw, MMOs have pretty strict rules for abusers.

P.S. But for the moment I believe I'll use your advice and try to squeeze out of U/F as fast as possible. Thanks for the advice.