Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorsport 2019

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    True, that move at the end of the Conrod Straight was under investigation where he pushed the BMW wide. Campbell was driving too aggressive imo and I think he got very lucky at Forest Elbow to not ruin his and Dennis' race.
    Well, yes, that is a side of discussing sends like this is that they could have gone horribly wrong. But this one didn't. ^^;
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    Well, yes, that is a side of discussing sends like this is that they could have gone horribly wrong. But this one didn't. ^^;
    Yep, he went all-in and won. Dennis said the Porsche wouldn't have been able to get past there without making contact. First appearance for EBM and already a win. That's remarkable.
    Anyways, it was an exciting race for some and painful for others. Soucek is proper devastated. It'll take him a while to get over it for sure.

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    I watched the hole thing start too finish I was so happy too see the full course yellow. It gave everyone a chance. I think the Porsche still won or got close he was pushing that BMW . He was really fast top of the hill gained a lot every lap .

Platform
    PC
    Yep, he went all-in and won. Dennis said the Porsche wouldn't have been able to get past there without making contact. First appearance for EBM and already a win. That's remarkable.
    Anyways, it was an exciting race for some and painful for others. Soucek is proper devastated. It'll take him a while to get over it for sure.
    I was so sad for Soucek when he hit the off button the second time. Bentley was in with half a shot to that point and he made the same mistake again. It was unbelievable to watch. I'm sure it'll haunt his dreams for a very long time.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    True, that move at the end of the Conrod Straight was under investigation where he pushed the BMW wide. Campbell was driving too aggressive imo and I think he got very lucky at Forest Elbow to not ruin his and Dennis' race.
    That was a very tight gap that he stuck the Porsche into. I was honestly expecting them both to tangle and bring out another safety car when he went for that pass. But he got it done cleanly.
    I would've liked to see one of the Bentleys win the race. Or the Aston that finished 2nd. Anyone but the Vodafone AMG trio, lol. (They've all won at Bathurst enough times..)

I watched the whole thing live as well (early start cause i live here) Except i was still up from the night before. By the end of the race, i'd been awake for well over 24 hours, hahaha.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar, rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Womp83 View Post
    I would've liked to see one of the Bentleys win the race. Or the Aston that finished 2nd. Anyone but the Vodafone AMG trio, lol. (They've all won at Bathurst enough times..)
    Hahaha, they did pretty well finishing 4th, though. Marciello in the yellow mamba was sitting in 3rd and he had to defend really hard until the very last meters. Really exciting stuff.
    The following user likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar

Platform
    PC
    Hahaha, they did pretty well finishing 4th, though. Marciello in the yellow mamba was sitting in 3rd and he had to defend really hard until the very last meters. Really exciting stuff.
    Marciello's defensive drive was legendary. SVG threw everything he had into that final stint and couldn't pass him. It was pretty glorious.

SVG got out of the car and had a nap on the track surface for some time after that battle. Just shows how tough it was really.

7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

Platform
    PC
    Bathurst never disappoints unlike another 24h race which year after year is a disappointment.

Pedro Lamy ended up in the podium and that's all I care about other than the race itself. And those intermissions showing that breath taking scenery and those onboard full laps... :drool:
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So, I recently moved to Sydney and couldn't pass this opportunity to visit the legendary circuit and the 12h race!

Gotta say, this is the most amazing racing track ever, the corners, the scenery, being so close to the cars...it's breath taking. Watching them roar by few meters away from you on the top of the mountain while having the view on the straight and the pits down int the valley is just crazy. People sitting in their chairs with a beer comfortably watching Bentley coming at 150kph straight at them...wow.

The elevation drop is something you have to see to believe, no matter which racing sim you try...the real thing is scary! I've done countless laps on Bathurst in PC2 but seeing it in real life makes me respect anyone who dares to race here at pace these GTs do. Those guys raced all 12h no stopping, action everywhere.

I'll be going next year for sure!

Enjoy couple of videos below, progressing in the same way I did from the mountain top to the last corner before the long straight.

The following 5 users likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar, rich1e I, RomKnight, Shinzah, Womp83

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RomKnight View Post
    Bathurst never disappoints unlike another 24h race which year after year is a disappointment.

Pedro Lamy ended up in the podium and that's all I care about other than the race itself. And those intermissions showing that breath taking scenery and those onboard full laps... :drool:
    And that part of the race where they went for over 100 laps without any incidents bringing out a safety car.. Until the orange KTM died on Conrod.
    What's the disappointing 24 hour race? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb911 View Post
    So, I recently moved to Sydney and couldn't pass this opportunity to visit the legendary circuit and the 12h race!

Gotta say, this is the most amazing racing track ever, the corners, the scenery, being so close to the cars...it's breath taking. Watching them roar by few meters away from you on the top of the mountain while having the view on the straight and the pits down int the valley is just crazy. People sitting in their chairs with a beer comfortably watching Bentley coming at 150kph straight at them...wow.

The elevation drop is something you have to see to believe, no matter which racing sim you try...the real thing is scary! I've done countless laps on Bathurst in PC2 but seeing it in real life makes me respect anyone who dares to race here at pace these GTs do. Those guys raced all 12h no stopping, action everywhere.

I'll be going next year for sure!

Enjoy couple of videos below, progressing in the same way I did from the mountain top to the last corner before the long straight.
    Nice clips Neb. Thanks for those. You had good weather for it.
    I went up there when i was a kid for the V8 Supercars (It was simply called the Bathurst 1000 back then) That's where we were, up the top at Mcphillamy Park. That's one of the good things about that part of the track, you can walk from the top, right down the mountain to Forrest's Elbow, stopping anywhere along the way where there's room to view, lol.

Where did you move here from? Another part of the country, or did you move internationally?