Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorsport 2019

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Womp83 View Post
    What's the disappointing 24 hour race? Lol.
    Might be talking about the Rolex 24 at Daytona, which ended under red flag this year. The racing was great while the weather held up. IMSA BoP was on-point. The GTLM field was less than 0.4 seconds apart (fastest lap times) in the dry.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3

Platform
    XBOX1
    The only disappointing thing during this year's Rolex24 was the rain. How are you supposed to drive in these conditions?

The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    ^^ I was going to say that, but didn't want to in case it wasn't Daytona he was talking about. But i have a feeling you're right.
    I watched bits and pieces of the Daytona 24h online, as it wasn't televised over here in Australia. Bit disappointing it ended the way it did.. But 2 teams with our V8 Supercar drivers in them finished 31st and 32nd overall.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    The only disappointing thing during this year's Rolex24 was the rain. How are you supposed to drive in these conditions?

Disagree.

Watching some of the drivers attack the conditions was joy.

Watching some of the drivers fail at attacking the conditions was dramatic.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    Disagree.

Watching some of the drivers attack the conditions was joy.

Watching some of the drivers fail at attacking the conditions was dramatic.

Racing in the rain is fine but having standing water and seeing cars aquaplaning everywhere with zero visibility is not. Can't remember who it was but there was an accident just before the bus stop because a slow car appeared on the racing line out of nowhere, there was no time to react for the driver. Also, I think watching a race under yellow for an hour is not fun.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, REXPITVIPER1

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Andre Lotterer may miss the 1000 miles of Sebring due to a clash with a DS Techeetah Formula E Simulator Day. If he did, Mathias Beche would take his seat at Rebellion Racing alongside Bruno Senna and Neel Jani.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Womp83 View Post
    And that part of the race where they went for over 100 laps without any incidents bringing out a safety car.. Until the orange KTM died on Conrod.
    What's the disappointing 24 hour race? Lol.

Nice clips Neb. Thanks for those. You had good weather for it.
    I went up there when i was a kid for the V8 Supercars (It was simply called the Bathurst 1000 back then) That's where we were, up the top at Mcphillamy Park. That's one of the good things about that part of the track, you can walk from the top, right down the mountain to Forrest's Elbow, stopping anywhere along the way where there's room to view, lol.

Where did you move here from? Another part of the country, or did you move internationally?
    once in a blue moon is not the rule. I'm not against FCY. I'm against its abuse especially to favour, clearly, some.
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Racing in the rain is fine but having standing water and seeing cars aquaplaning everywhere with zero visibility is not. Can't remember who it was but there was an accident just before the bus stop because a slow car appeared on the racing line out of nowhere, there was no time to react for the driver. Also, I think watching a race under yellow for an hour is not fun.
    That was the #63 Ferrari 488 GTD car with Toni Vilander at the wheel. You can hear him braking at the flag-light, well before the green Rolex border (dry braking point). He just had no way of knowing the #540 was there. Here's the clip:

https://twitter.com/MotorsportsNBC/s...70818596712448

I will say though, this pass by Farfus over the #62 Ferrari 488 GTLM was seriously incredible. Likewise, the clip:

https://twitter.com/augustofarfus/st...41893571330049

Also, totally agree with you regarding the stoppage. The prototypes were literally floating in places. It only takes 1" of water to float a prototype on its undertray, and Daytona has serious drainage issues on the apron at the base of the banking. It's just not safe or sensible.
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    PC
    I don't think seven hour red flags are fun. I don't think 15 hour, 24 hour races are fun.

I don't think naysayers have much legs to stand on when Alonso is banging curbs and wet paint lines at lightspeed in monsoon conditions with barely any mistakes whatsoever in his prototype-boat.

Maybe if drivers were allowed to practice their skills in bad weather conditions, there wouldn't be so many guys going for swimmy spins.

But that's just my opinion. I would rather see a race than a nothing.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    I don't think seven hour red flags are fun. I don't think 15 hour, 24 hour races are fun.

I don't think naysayers have much legs to stand on when Alonso is banging curbs and wet paint lines at lightspeed in monsoon conditions with barely any mistakes whatsoever in his prototype-boat.

Maybe if drivers were allowed to practice their skills in bad weather conditions, there wouldn't be so many guys going for swimmy spins.

But that's just my opinion. I would rather see a race than a nothing.
    I've got to reiterate that there were sections of the circuit with so much standing water that the prototypes were literally floating. Daytona is a giant bowl, and all the water off the banking flows like a river onto the apron with nowhere to go. There were several inches of standing water at the bus stop, and the prototypes will literally float at 1" of water. The safety car almost spun, haha.

We went to the race this year, so no one was more disappointed to see it stopped than me, but this wasn't a matter of practicing rain skills. This was a circuit under water. It would require a redesign of some of the race cars for them to traverse the circuit. That's just not realistic.
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I