Thread: Dedi Server: Selecting Track in Lobby

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Dedi Server: Selecting Track in Lobby

Hello,

is it possible to select the track in the Lobby ingame? I tried changing the "ServerControlsTrack" attribute in the server.cfg and I tried to change/delete the "TrackID:" option in the sms_rotate_config.json but nothing worked.

So my question is if it is possible for the players on a dedicated server to choose a track out of the list of all tracks in the lobby.
    How do I do it?

Thank you in advance!

Platform
    PC
    Yes. With these parameters, the first who logs the server can control all the parameters of the lobby:

controlGameSetup : false
    "ServerControlsTrack" : 0,
    "ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 0,
    "ServerControlsVehicle" : 0,

You also have some DS sample files on my signature.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 28-01-2019 at 11:02.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    When I try to start the server now it says:
    "SmsRotate: Using scripted setup rotation while the server is not configured to control the game's setup. Make sure to set "controlGameSetup" in the server config.
    SmsRotate: Rotation setups contain errors, rotation addon disabled"

And i can't find the server anymore ingame. Did I forget something?

Platform
    PC
    LUA is mainly used to program rotations and make the server fully automated, so you can't change parameters of the lobby while playing.

If you want to make the DS editable by the host player, it's better to disable LUA...
    Last edited by Asturbo; 28-01-2019 at 11:38.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Okay, I disabled LuaApi now. Any idea why I cant find my server in the serverlist anymore?

EDIT: I tried your config sample "Password, Reputation OFF, editable by host, no LUA" but still cant see the server

EDIT2: It's working now with your sample file. Thank you very much for your time and help!
    (I had to change the ports (stupid me) and set sportsplay to true. Don't know exactly why
    this made it work, but I want sportsplay anyway)
    Last edited by software2; 28-01-2019 at 11:31.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by software2 View Post
    Okay, I disabled LuaApi now. Any idea why I cant find my server in the serverlist anymore?
    The server starts correctly, with no errors?

See also this for the Steam ping filter that could cause invisible DS: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...on-Steam-(PC2)

Edit, after your edit:

Quote Originally Posted by software2 View Post
    EDIT2: It's working now with your sample file. Thank you very much for your time and help!
    Fantastic !
    Last edited by Asturbo; 28-01-2019 at 14:04.
    The following user likes this Post: software2