Thread: Engine off in the pit?

Platform
    PC

Engine off in the pit?

Why does the engine switch off when you're in the pit? That doesn't seem to make sense, I lose all sorts of time starting it again. I'm in a sequential and don't have any control over the gears when the game takes over. The dash in the car says 1 but the HUD says N. I have engine auto start to off because having it on is even more confusing. I wish the game didn't take over the car in the pit, it's really confusing and I can't start back up quickly.
    Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K o.c.@4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | Logitech G920 Racing Wheel | Logitech Driving Force Shifter | TrackIR 5

Platform
    PC
    You gotta hold the clutch in when the car comes off the airjacks.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Platform
    PC
    I'm in a sequential so no clutch. I go into the pit in 1st, the game takes over and puts me in N
    then when I'm dropped down, the game will will shift me back to 1st but even if I have the accel held down it will stall. Then I have to mash the paddle back to n, hit E and then shift to 1st which costs all sorts of time. Disabling manual starts in the settings doesn't work either.
    Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K o.c.@4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | Logitech G920 Racing Wheel | Logitech Driving Force Shifter | TrackIR 5

Platform
    PC
    What specific car?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    When leaving the pit box at the start of a session do you have to engage the clutch when entering first gear to pull away ?
    I do and when pitting also , if you have a clutch try using it and see if that helps.

Platform
    PC
    even sequential shift cars have a clutch. it's used to keep the car from stalling at a stop and to get going from a dead stop. if you dont have a clutch pedal, use 'O' to enable Auto-Clutch.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: Killso2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpeXB View Post
    I wish the game didn't take over the car in the pit, it's really confusing and I can't start back up quickly.
    Have you not seen the setting for manual pit control? You retain all
    Control of the car in the pits, even stoping on the signboard. Leave auto start on and the car is ready To go as soon as the board is lifted.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    even sequential shift cars have a clutch. it's used to keep the car from stalling at a stop and to get going from a dead stop. if you dont have a clutch pedal, use 'O' to enable Auto-Clutch.
    That’s it. Doh!