Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: physics calculations

Platform
    PC
    I don't Charge any device from the PC... On the D-Link Hub it states that the external power only Kicks in when PC is Off or in a Idle state and the USB ports are Not powered... I'm wondering if the Radio Shack External power was Dirty/Not Filtered and Creating Noise in the USB ports??? ... The D-Link has a Blue Light on top to show when PC USB ports are providing power ---> The Light turns Green when PC USB ports are Off and unit is running on External power supply.

It could just be the D-Link is a better unit why Im noticing better performance.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RomKnight View Post
    The internal usb hubs must be connected to somewhere. Which is why nothing is connected to front usb ports, just in case.

There is also voltage problems which is why, whichever hub you buy, i recommend it to be powered.

More enlightened minds please feel free to correct me.

Even with the powered ones you need to make sure to get a quality one especially if you have vr.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: RomKnight

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Even with the powered ones you need to make sure to get a quality one especially if you have vr.
    True... I only plug My Keybord/Mouse and Mix Amp into the Hub... Wheel and VR are direct Connect to PC USB.

What I'm wondering is if the Radio Shack USB Hub was Creating a System wide USB problem with all the USB ports due to the External power.

I decided to change it because i hot a few USB port Errors even though everything was or seemed to be working.... after changing to the D-Link i believe I see Notable improvement across the board...Weird because i had No Clue a USB Hub could impact total system performance.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 03-02-2019 at 21:57.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I just changed My Cheap Radio Shack 4 port USB Hub I think it was a 3.0 to a D-Link USB 2.0 --> 7 port Hub and it seems like I get Better FFB and PC performance all around in all games... Really Weird.. It could be just My imagination... I always keep My wheel plugged directly i to PC but FFB just seems better Now... I know for sure My mouse moves better and also My Astro Mix amp the sound is better.

The Radio Shack had that weird USB Mini connection with 2 heads and the D-Link has a Fire wire connection -->Not sure about the exact Name but the head is Kinda Square but its still Small (Usually i use it on printers and such)... Other than that both Hubs have external power supply's... But the D-Link i did Not Plug the power supply in because i don't charge any devices from it or My gaming PC... So I see No Need to have external power... Could it be that the external power input
    on the Radio shack USB unit was dirty and creating distortion in the USB All the USB ports???

What ever the case I see a nice improvement in PC performance.... I had No Idea that a external USB Hub could Slow Down/Screw up PC performance... But again it could All just be in My Head

Any 1 have any input
    We as sim racers have a unique thing with so many usb add ons. You really need a good quality powered hub. That way your board isn't supplying the power for all those added devices. You can get all sorts of weird issues like stuttering when you move your head in vr because the usb is getting overloaded on the mobo. You have to be careful with the usb hubs though some daisy chain them(usually the cheap ones) while the better ones are separated.
    Even with the vr and wheel direct to the pc you can still get issues if you overload the usbs on the mobo. Remember if the add on usb hub isn't powered the mobo is still supplying the power.
    Last edited by morpwr; 03-02-2019 at 21:59.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    What I'm saying is I think the powered Radio Shack USB may have been causing problems some how... Reading the D-Link Hub manual to My understanding the USB External power is only supposed to kick on when the PC is Not Supplying power to the USB Hub --> I have Not plugged the external power supply in and all is fine PC has a Notable performance increase across the board with All games... Really weird
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 04-02-2019 at 11:41.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    What I'm saying is I think the powered Radio Shack USB may have been causing problems some how... Reading the D-Link Hub manual to My understanding the USB External power is only supposed to kick on when the PC is Not Supplying power to the USB Hub --> I have Not plugged the external power supply in and all is fine PC has a Notable performance increase across the board with All games... Really eeird
    Its possible but the whole point of a powered usb hub is the mobo isnt supplying the power to the added usb ports. But I don't know about the d-link ones so maybe you are correct on how that one works. That would be a weird way to have it work though.