Thread: How to tell if I have a VR tracking issue or another problem?

Platform
    XBOX1 X

How to tell if I have a VR tracking issue or another problem?

My PC specs are i7 8700k (non overclocked) MSI 1080ti OC edition, 16gb Ram, Win 10- 64, 240gb SSD using an Oculus Rift.

Recently I have developed a "stuttering" at times and it is NOT a framerate drop. Framerate holds a steady 90fps using the Oculus Tray tool overlay in game. The stuttering mostly happens when I look to the apex into a turn. Which leads me to believe its a tracking issue but I am unsure what to do from there. BTW- This happens in iRacing as well. (so I dont believe its a game specific problem, but I came here because I know you guys know your stuff)

I use 1 Rift sensor mounted about 6ft from my rig. Everything was working fine back in Dec when I went PC for VR.

I play in my "theater" room, so I originally had my PC temporarily next to my rig with all devices plugged directly to the PC (using no extensions etc)

Since then, I wanted to neaten up the wiring. I put my PC behind a wall where all my AVR equipment is. I now have all my USB stuff (rift, sensor, Wheelbase and HDMI for the rift) wired to a Wall jack, then from there to the PC. I also moved my Rift sensor from being directly mounted to the rig (it was attached to wheel base, to 6ft away)

So basically the wiring goes

Rift sensor to a USB 3.0 6ft extension, to wall plate, to another 6ft USB cable to PC 3.0 port
    Rift Headset HDMI, directly to wall plate, then 6ft 4K HDMI cable to PC ( I use these same HDMIs for all my other 4K sources and it works great)
    Rift Headset USB, directly to wall plate, then a 6ft USB 3.0 cable to PC 3.0 port
    Wheel base to 6ft USB 3.0 extension, to wall plate, then a 6ft USB 3.0 cable to PC 3.0 port

So basically the wall plate is a "keystone" which is just a union to join the 2 cables neatly.

What I am asking for the most part is, without me going and rewiring everything, is there a way to test the tracking of the headset with some sort of software? I have gone into the regular Oculus Home software and pulled up the devices section. I move the headset to some extremes and it does register a "weak" signal then. But it never says that when in my rig position. Is there any other way to monitor tracking strength/signal before I start replacing cables etc?
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You should ask this on https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/ There are some helpull people with a lot of knowledge about this stuff.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by pa_pinkelman View Post
    You should ask this on https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/ There are some helpull people with a lot of knowledge about this stuff.
    Never used Reddit but I just signed up and posted there.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****