Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS4 Controller - horrible experience

Platform
    PS4
    I believe I had auto clutch on. Weird that you were able to assign the Square button to upshift and I could not. This took me like 5 seconds to setup in GTS. I just bought this PS4 Slim brand new a few weeks ago so the controller is new. Have not had one single issue with the controller with GT4, Netflix, YouTube, and watching dvd movies. I did try making the steering dead band wider with no noticeable improvement. I will probably buy the game again and try all the suggestions. I actually returned because I was so pissed off. Are you running the latest update on PC2? I assume if we are on the network we all run the same version. I downloaded the update like I always do for network games.
    Last edited by GS_Joe; 07-02-2019 at 13:01.

Superkart Pilot
    Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    ^ And i see it the other way around, that it's weird you had trouble trying to assign face buttons to up & down shift, lol. Were you able to change any other controls, or was it just the gear change options not working for you? Something like that shouldn't be an issue. Ok, new controller, so it's not defective. Only other thing that comes to mind, is that you just had some kind of unfortunate error/glitch while installing the game? Other than that, i'm out of ideas, lol. Maybe someone, somewhere out there knows more than me.
    And yes, i'm running the latest update.
    Last edited by Womp83; 07-02-2019 at 16:52.

Platform
    PS4
    I didn't really need to change any other controls. I just wanted the shifting with X face button for downshift and Square face button for up-shift. But that up-shift was a real pain in the rear. It would only let me assign the X to it. Which is backwards to what I'm used to. But it didn't matter because the X was the only one I could assign to both buttons. Didn't work. If that was the only bug I would have kept it. When I went to auto I couldn't steer. Then I would get stuck against the tires from crashing and it wouldn't go into reverse. What joy!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    When in auto press brake for reverse.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    When in auto press brake for reverse.

Haha, thanks. I would never have guessed.

Platform
    PS4
    Hi, I dont have a wheel, I play with a dual schock controller. yes I tought like you at first but I decided that since I bought the game and I was disapointed with GT sports, I would use all the driving assists possible and raise instead the AI difficulty. Many people dont like the drive assists but I dont see why I shouldnt use it if its there. I mostly drive low difficulty car, crank the AI to 100/100 and manage to win with my Ginetta. I find it more fun than GT Sports. Graffic are not as good and you cant edith liveries on PS4, but the racing itself is much better. On GT sports I am a D S driver and with the AI adjustment, I can drive anything, make it hard or easier, whatever I choose. Give it another chance. Good luck.