Thread: Fanatec McLaren wheel shift issue

Platform
    PC

Fanatec McLaren wheel shift issue

So, if you have looked into possibly buying the Fanatic McLaren GT3 wheel you may know about the shift issue many users have had. It is a no shift or double shift when you pull the rocker. Seems like there is a huge range of frequency of the issue, some have it every so often, some can't even use their wheels.

I received mine on Tue Feb 5 and my issues started last night, less than 3 hours of use.At first it was Just a few times, more double shift on the up shift and a few no shifts. The problem was more frequent this am so i started my claim process.

My point, if you are considering the wheel, they are still having the issue. Many of the threads i read before purchase were from a few months ago so i assumed the issue would have been resolved by now.

I am not bad mouthing Fanatec, i love their products and will give them every opportunity to resolve this,which i am confident they will, and i will continue to buy their products in the future, Unless they seriously mishandle this situation.

For the price you can't go wrong with this wheel,as long as it works as it should.

I hope this info can be a help to someone.

Platform
    PC
    Just to chime in: it's an inconvenient known issue but if you run into it you'll get all support from Fanatec to solve it.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PC
    There is a beta driver/firmware available, which should solve all these issues. If it doesn't, it's most likely a hardware failure.
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discus...-formula-v2/p1
    Rig: Intel Core i5 4670K - Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming 6G - Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - 16GB A-Data 2133 - Fanatec CSL Elite Base - Fanatec CSL P1 Wheel - Fanatac CLS Elite Pedals LC - Windows 10

Member of Revolution Sim Racing

Platform
    PC
    I guess this is where Fanatic handling the situation properly comes into play. They are telling me to send the unit back and not mentioning firmware, which i am 100% aware of, and was mentioned when i contacted them.

Either way,the point of my post- anyone considering the purchase, as of tuesday the 5th(3 days ago) the problem still exists with the product they are shipping and/or instructing you to download.