Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I was an original supporter of PCARS2 back during Phoenix but forgot my user/pass

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2
    Platform
    PC

    I was an original supporter of PCARS2 back during Phoenix but forgot my user/pass

    I bought access to the alpha/beta of Project Cars 2 back when it was called Project Phoenix (or was it just Phoenix?) on Steam. Life got the better of me and due to work I haven't played video games in about 2 years. A while ago Steam gave me a pop up saying Phoenix has been removed from my library, probably because its now the full release of Project Cars 2. My question is, as an original backer, am I supposed to have access to the full game? If so, how do I go about doing this? I asked on Steam and someone replied that I should have a key in my profile on the WMD forum (this is it right?). The problem is I have no idea what my username or password I used to make that account. I know I use to have one because I remember going on that forum to download builds of the Phoenix game before it started being automatically updated via Steam. Is there a way I can do a username search for all members? If I could at least see what username I used to sign up I could probably figure out the password eventually.

    If backing the alpha/beta doesn't give me full game access, then disregard all of this.

  2. #2
    WMD Member EmilGlockner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NRW (Germany)
    Posts
    102
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyK154 View Post
    I bought access to the alpha/beta of Project Cars 2 back when it was called Project Phoenix (or was it just Phoenix?) on Steam. Life got the better of me and due to work I haven't played video games in about 2 years. A while ago Steam gave me a pop up saying Phoenix has been removed from my library, probably because its now the full release of Project Cars 2. My question is, as an original backer, am I supposed to have access to the full game? If so, how do I go about doing this? I asked on Steam and someone replied that I should have a key in my profile on the WMD forum (this is it right?). The problem is I have no idea what my username or password I used to make that account. I know I use to have one because I remember going on that forum to download builds of the Phoenix game before it started being automatically updated via Steam. Is there a way I can do a username search for all members? If I could at least see what username I used to sign up I could probably figure out the password eventually.

    If backing the alpha/beta doesn't give me full game access, then disregard all of this.
    There is:
    http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/memberlist.php

    EDIT: Apparently one can only get access to the members list when you are logged in. Sorry.
    Last edited by EmilGlockner; 09-02-2019 at 02:36.
    [Specs | ASUS Z370-H | i7-8700K @ 3,7 GHz | BeQuiet PureRock 150W TDP| C:\Samsung NVMe SSD 250GB (960 series) | D:\Samsung SSD 500GB (860 Series) |
    2x Crucial 8GB RAM (2133MHz DDR4) | Win10x64Pro |Gigabyte GeForce GTX1070 Ti 8GB | Thermaltake SmartSE 630W PSU | Logitech G27 (+Logitech Profiler)]
    [Settings | Tire model: default | Driving model: pro | Setup: default | Controller: wheel | Camera: in car | Driving Aids: authentic (Automatic Clutch: on)]

    Project CARS LIMITED EDITION | Project CARS 2 COLLECTOR'S EDITION | crank it up a tad | Free umlauts for everyone: | One of the 5% | Proud Member of the Olympic Synchronized ALTWS*-Team *Accidentally Leaving the Track Wildly Spinning

  3. #3
    Moderator RacingTopsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    215
    Platform
    PC
    The login ought to have been your real name, so that might help you out?

    Not entirely sure if the keys are still valid though, it also depends what tier you were, the lower ones were only eligible for a discount (which would have expired by now).

    Hope this helps.


    Quote Originally Posted by EmilGlockner View Post
    EDIT: Apparently one can only get access to the members list when you are logged in. Sorry.
    But we can check for you if you like?
    Last edited by RacingTopsy; 09-02-2019 at 02:36.
    WIPSystem: Intel i5 4670k 3.4GHz; Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb DDr3 1866mhz; Crucial M4 128gb; Asus ROG Z87 Maximus VI Hero; Asus DirectCUII GTX 580; Win 7 Ultimate x64, G25
    The following 2 users likes this Post: EmilGlockner, Konan


  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingTopsy View Post
    The login ought to have been your real name, so that might help you out?

    Not entirely sure if the keys are still valid though, it also depends what tier you were, the lower ones were only eligible for a discount (which would have expired by now).

    Hope this helps.




    But we can check for you if you like?
    Funny enough I just remembered the full name thing as I got out of the shower. I went to forum,wmdportal,com and tried but couldn't get the password right. I'm pretty sure there was a space between first and last name. I tried to recover my pw via email but none of my emails were recognized, so I'm bewildered. Idk if the old accounts got deleted or what. I think I paid like $30ish for the game and know I'm not making this up. There was a bunch of beta "tracks", one with a whole bunch of different terrain and one that was like a rally cross stage. I know I went to the forums to download new builds as they were released, I just don't know why none of my emails work or what the hell I was thinking when I made that password

  5. #5
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    11,582
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Try asking Vittorio Rapa... He'll know what username you had and if you have/had a code...

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/mem...-Vittorio-Rapa
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

  6. #6
    WMD Member cluck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Posts
    5,097
    Platform
    PC
    If you paid $30-ish then, as Topsy points out, you would only have had a discount code which, sadly, is going to have long-since expired. However, as Konan mentions, Vittorio is probably the best person to let you know what's what.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //

  7. #7
    Online Marketing Director Nathan Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    95
    Platform
    PC
    I'll ping Vitt on this now.
    Online Marketing Director
    Slightly Mad Studios


    Follow me on Twitter for updates on current and new projects: NathanBell_SMS
    The following 2 users likes this Post: EmilGlockner, Konan


  8. #8
    IT Manager Vittorio Rapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    396
    Platform
    PC
    The email you used on the WMD2 is the same email you're using here, so you can recover the password yourself and follow this instructions: http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/showthre...ame-activation

    The link to recover your password is: http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/login.php?do=lostpw
    Main: Intel X5670 @4.2Ghz on ASUS Rampage III, GTX 980Ti Hybrid, 24GB RAM CORSAIR 1600, 4TB SSD, SB X-FI Titanium, Corsair AX850W, Dell U3011 30" 2560x1600 - OS: W7 Ultimate x64
    Backup: Intel i7 950 @3.6Ghz on ASUS Rampage II, 2 x GTX 780, 12GB RAM CORSAIR 1600, 2TB WD, SB X-FI MB, Corsair TX850W, Dell 3008WFP 30" 2560x1600 - OS: W7 Ultimate x64
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Asturbo, EmilGlockner, Konan, Mad Al, RacingTopsy, Sankyo, Sessionerror


Similar Threads

  1. Back to original seat settings
    By MarcoM in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-10-2018, 21:50
  2. AI glitch on the canadian ice track ( forgot the name)
    By Trans-Girl in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-09-2017, 16:33
  3. Season pass for Pcars2 just a thought
    By Pisshead30 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-02-2016, 20:21
  4. They forgot the brakes!!!!
    By biggbaddwolf in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-01-2016, 23:44
  5. I totally forgot just how much I love this
    By BCFCBristolRed in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 28-11-2015, 01:51

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •