Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dirt Rally 2.0

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    If it's just a cut wire would a soldering iron and a bit of heat shrink tubing sort it out?
    Yes. A guy here is gonna take a look at it. Much cheaper of course.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    If it's just a cut wire would a soldering iron and a bit of heat shrink tubing sort it out?
    Didn't think about that.

Sorry Olijke. A quick job with the soldering iron will do indeed. 50 euro is indeed a bit much.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Didn't think about that.

Sorry Olijke. A quick job with the soldering iron will do indeed. 50 euro is indeed a bit much.
    Yeah my colleague will try to fix it. I personally never used a soldering irion. Or at least not the way it should be used. Lol.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Yeah my colleague will try to fix it. I personally never used a soldering irion. Or at least not the way it should be used. Lol.
    Let me guess... sometime when Olijke was still a little man he brought mayhem to the school and utilized the soldering iron from school to try to burn the building down by trying to light fire with it.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Let me guess... sometime when Olijke was still a little man he brought mayhem to the school and utilized the soldering iron from school to try to burn the building down by trying to light fire with it.
    Haha something like that.. no worse. In the early days of my school period I once turned the the soldering iron of the guy next to me upside down. I thought that was a funny joke but the guy who actually grabbed it thought otherwise as the teacher as well. Poor guy the soldering iron melted a large part of his hand. Took him several months to recover.. I never touched a soldering iron again.

Platform
    PC
    Haha something like that.. no worse. In the early days of my school period I once turned the the soldering iron of the guy next to me upside down. I thought that was a funny joke but the guy who actually grabbed it thought otherwise as the teacher as well. Poor guy the soldering iron melted a large part of his hand. Took him several months to recover.. I never touched a soldering iron again.
    Well, it was a rather brainless move. As you realized after.
    I am not a Saint or religious but I always took to heart that you shouldn't do unto others what you don't want them to do unto you. Or in Dutch... "wat gij niet wilt dat U geschied, doet dat ook een ander niet".
    That line stopped me from doing foolish stuff like that, at least unto others. I might have light up a hedge by playing with fire in a park. Luckily I could kill the fire, but it was a conifer hedge... so it accumulated all the old dry leaves in the middle. It all went poof a bit quicker than anticipated. lol

Anyway, you should try soldering again. It is hot but it is a great skill to have as a man. You wouldn't know the things I fixed already. I replaced a relais in my dad's subwoofer amp so that it doesn't cut out anymore, I replaced save game batteries in snes card ridges, and more of those little things.

The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Thanks.. I’m very peaceful myself. What I did back in that time was a reckless deed but I was the “pispaal” and one day I took revenge for all the times they bullying me.

Anyway, I managed to fix my loadcell wire. I cut off the bad part and added a RJ12 connector. It is just long enough to make it to the part where it must be connected to. So the pedal does work again.. miesa happy.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, gotdirt410sprintcar, John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Thanks.. I’m very peaceful myself. What I did back in that time was a reckless deed but I was the “pispaal” and one day I took revenge for all the times they bullying me.

Anyway, I managed to fix my loadcell wire. I cut off the bad part and added a RJ12 connector. It is just long enough to make it to the part where it must be connected to. So the pedal does work again.. miesa happy.
    You too huh. I was like that too, mostly because I had medical issues though due to which I stood out.

LOL, you can always lengthen it. Even if you have to use a "kroonsteentje".

The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer