Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Dirt Rally 2.0

Platform
    PC
    Might be something, might be nothing, as that man with the wild ginger hair and a good suntan is fond of saying
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Mad Al

Platform
    XBOX1
    Boom! Codemasters with another astonishing announcement.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...nship-license/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bporion, John Hargreaves, MrTulip

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I see Project Rally.

(Well, of course not with that name, and probably not with WMD even, but nevertheless I expect SMS tech and involvement in it.)
    Last edited by MrTulip; 01-06-2020 at 16:36.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-2080ti | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Valve Index | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chastewand, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    I see Project Rally.

(Well, of course not with that name, and probably not with WMD even, but nevertheless I expect SMS tech and involvement in it.)
    Honestly, Codies don't really need help on their gravel and off-road physics. What they have now is truly amazing, if they can further improve it it'll be mind blowing. Tarmac is their Achilles' heel.
    I have no idea what the WRC license will bring us gamers.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Honestly, Codies don't really need help on their gravel and off-road physics. What they have now is truly amazing, if they can further improve it it'll be mind blowing. Tarmac is their Achilles' heel.
    I have no idea what the WRC license will bring us gamers.
    Hrm... I think it's not amazing at all. Quite the opposite, it's rather simplistic in my opinion compared to the Madness Engine and doesn't feel right. I guess it really depends on your point of reference but no matter which simulator... they are all far from perfect on and off track. Yet I am sure they all strive for simulation to some extend in their own right and what they consider to be true to real life or the closest approach they can get to it.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    XBOX1
    As a Codies hater it doesn't really matter what you say. Even if you genuinely liked their handling I highly doubt you'd admit it.

Platform
    PC
    I always thought DR1.0 wasn't a patch on SMS loose surface physics, but I think DR2.0 was a big improvement. Can't imagine the DR team will hand over the WRC project to SMS without a fight.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    As a Codies hater it doesn't really matter what you say. Even if you genuinely liked their handling I highly doubt you'd admit it.
    Than you obviously don't know me because I always speak my honest opinion good or bad, and in that sense I am often too honest for my own good. Even compared to other people from the Netherlands who are straight forward to the point of being rude I am often seen to be worse in that department.
    If something is shit than I will say it is shit and not something that potentially might have an unpleasant oder that might or might not linger and that most likely is or at least could be the product of some living terrestrial or extraterrestrial being trying to place their marking on the world as we know it.

Cause if you know I dislike Codemasters, do you remember why I dislike them? Something to do with force feedback and physics if I remember well and claiming their games are simulators when they aren't. If you don't go full blown simulator than you're just destroying the name of a genre within gaming that used to stand for "approaching realism as close as possible with today's technology", and because there are more people on this planet who think the same you get the never ending discussion of is it arcade or simulation or something in between due to this diluted statement of something being sim yet it ain't... so is it then simcade?
    It's the developers who do this to themselves, yet they hate the word simcade.
    In my book an easy access game is an arcade game, and something that strives for a perfect reproduction of reality is a simulator. Yes of course simulators are dry and boring... life itself is dry and boring and that's why you have the arcade easy access couch potato games that you can have some fun with in order to put some color into your life. Yet some of us always wanted to be that pilot, astronaut, racing driver or whatever and never will become any of those professionals, but that's where simulators come in to give us a hint of what it's like to be in that position that we've been maybe dreaming about since we were little kids. So yes, there is a market for the po-faced simulators of any kind as much as there is a market for light entertainment as you'd find in the old school arcade halls to just divert our attention from the reality that po-faced simulators try to actually copy.

So at the end of the day there is a need for both but there is no way one can become the other. At most you have more truthful arcade games and more artistiscally free arcade games but they are still arcade games because they try to appeal to the old-school arcade type of crowd that desires light entertainment.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    XBOX1
    We had that discussion before DR2.0 was released. Nothing of what you just said touches the matter in question now. You don't like their handling and physics. Fine. Don't play it.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 06-06-2020 at 21:59.

Platform
    PC
    We had that discussion before DR2.0 was released. Nothing of what you just said touches the matter in question now. You don't like their handling and physics. Fine. Don't play it.
    Yes, and because we had that discussion before I didn't even start about it again. What's the point? I'll just become a broken record at that rate. But yeah, you are right... "don't play it". I ain't and I won't, but at least I tried it over and over again because otherwise you lot will tell me "you can't judge anything from a video, you have to at least try it yourself" and all that rubbish. Only to end up with the same disappointment again and again, and now SMS is going down the same route by the looks of it (and yes I've seen Austin's hovercraft skills in pC3 'sim mode').

Anyway, to each their own. I'm a fan of the po-faced stuff, you're a fan of the arcade stuff. As long as we have fun.
    I am just disappointed by Codemasters for not doing a darn thing to improve their controller/FFB system in the EGO engine since ToCA Race Driver 3 and their Physics system not since Dirt 2, it's just a differently balanced EGO game engine from title to title. What pisses me off about Slightly Mad Studios is that I feel that not just me but all WMD members wasted almost 10 years of their lives of getting the Madness Engine away from its Shift heritage and make it into a game engine ever more capable of doing an accurate simulation of cars and the surfaces they drive on and the world they drive in, only to get flipped off (or at least this is how I feel it) by a bunch of apparently bellends and wankers who just say "thanks but no thanks, we got the crowd's attention and now we go back to where we came from". If you wanted to do that then don't get the die-hard simulation crowd involved through some WMD scheme and waste time and money of both SMS and the WMD members, because there are a lot of people from WMD who in the early days invested a lot of time and effort to promote the game as well when Bandai Namco wasn't even in the picture yet and all the marketing had to be done via mostly community effort.
    It was a cunning plan alright... on how to screw people over to keep the game studio afloat just in order to go your own way again in the end. Cause in the beginning the mission was to get away from the Shift heritage and build a great simulator better than GTR2 if I am not mistaken.

Anyhow... I think I'll take some time off of the forum for a couple of months. Cool my head a bit and grab some popcorn to see where this move will take the franchise. Will it be a fail or a success... I don't know, but let's find out.