Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network Disconnection - TT and MP [Solved]

WMD Member

Network Disconnection - TT and MP [Solved]

Hi, I've not played the game for a while but last night I remembered why.

I mainly play TT but part way through a lap I get you have been disconnected from the network and my lap is lost.

I've had this a lot since the last patch, I don't lose my connection I'm just thrust out of TT or an MP game.

Im a member of WMD and had this game since launch without any issues, since the last patch it's become a nightmare to play because I mainly run TT's.

My internet provider hasn't changed, my router hasn't changed and I don't have issues or get disconnected from any other game.

PC2 has changed, and that change is kicking me out of my chosen mode. I understand that I could sign into my router and start changing things but I don't really want to and I don't want to risk effecting other things which currently work ok.

Has SMS come out with a fix for this or explained why it's happening? It's very frustrating as it's been great since the start of the game.
    Last edited by DozUK; 18-02-2019 at 09:58.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I don't do MP online but I often do time trials and I don't have any problems, this is on Xbox x. My router\ modem is one supplied by virgin media and I have not made any changes to it's settings.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 78. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 50, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    PC
    Likewise I dont do MP however I run a lot of TT basically every other day and have no issues on PC . Like zaskar I use Virgin Media and even though their internet can be flakey sometimes I have no issues over a wired connection
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

WMD Member
    It's a PS4 problem thanks

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I occasionally get disconnected from PS4 lobbies about 30s after joining, I think it happens when someone else in there has a terrible internet connection showing in the lobby... maybe a conflict or something which causes the kick. Never once had issues with TTs though.

EDIT: Come to think of it I've recently been having frequent PSN network issues when I get kicked from my own party (to disable in game chat) when I'm the only one in it, then can't create another one.
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 12-02-2019 at 19:47.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

WMD Member
    I have it constantly with tt's. Its a nightmare, never used to have it since last patch

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Might be worth a database rebuild and setting up the connection from the console to the router again from the Network menu.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Might be worth a database rebuild and setting up the connection from the console to the router again from the Network menu.
    Thanks I will try that. It does appear to be an issue as there are a lot of threads about it. Must have been introduced by something as I've been playing since day one without issue and all other games are fine.

Thanks for the suggestions
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

WMD Member

Network Disconnection - TT and MP [Solved]

Ok, I've made a bit of progress here and pretty much think I've uncovered the issue which is constantly disconnecting me from the network during TT or MP sessions (PS4).

Firstly, the facts:

I've been playing PC2 since day one without issue, no disconnections at all since around patch 6 or 7 (I can't remember when it started to happen). Since it started to happen, it happens all the time. As I was mainly playing TT at that time against a group of friends regularly it become untenable so I took a break out of frustration. I came back and was disconnected half way around my first TT lap. This carried on and on and on.

Looking a the forum, other people have mentioned this however I was surprised that it's not widespread. If it was caused by a patch then it would be.

With this in mind, I re-traced my steps and uncovered a change that I had made which may have caused the issue.

As mentioned, I was mainly playing TT competitively with friends for a good while before encountering the issue. To give myself an edge in this I purchased a wonderful tuning tool called PC2 Tuner (This app is amazing). In order to use this tool, I had to change my UDP settings to PCARS 2 and UDP Frequency to 1. I previously had it as PCARS 1 and frequency of 4 (I think) for RS Dash which during which time all was fine. I realised that this change may have occurred around the time I started using PC2Tuner.

With this in mind, last night I set my UDP settings back to PCARS 1 and Frequency of 4. I played all night with no disconnections.

From this, it looks like my router has is being flooded with network traffic due to the high frequency I've set it to. I have not yet tested PCARS 2 (UDP) with frequency of 4 for example however I'm pretty certain the disconnection issue is certainly related to PCAR 2 UDP and a frequency of 1 so if you have this issue like I did then please check this. I had no issues before I changed this and so far I have none now. When it first started happening, I didn't relate it to this I just thought it was poor network conditions.

I also want to stress that this issue is not related to the excellent PC2Tuner which I highly recommend purchasing. I tend to use it in testing anyway which is offline so I can now switch between both settings and test using PC2Tuner and TT or race with RSDash. The best of both worlds now that I understand the issue.
    Last edited by DozUK; 18-02-2019 at 10:18.

Platform
    PC
    Glad you got it sorted.
    It's not a game bug though, the issue is your router that can't handle the traffic/doesn't like to be "flooded" with UDP data.

That's why I put a note about this in the PC2Tuner Manual (page 5):

Note:
    Some routers may have issues with the high data volume of UDP Freq. = 1.
    If your router is affected by this, you should either turn UDP off during online races or increase the value.
    Be aware though that the latter one will result in less reliable telemetry data in the PC2Tuner.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DozUK, ShneebnaMRR108