Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [XBOX] Endurance League.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'd love for this GT3 Series to get started. We need interest, and need more Drivers interested. I say at least 12 Drivers ready to Race.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Don't really need a bump but this is a refresher on page 4 that the first of two Endurance Series Track Days will run Thursday at 19:00 Eastern Time.

These track days are for anyone, regardless of skill level who want to try out these cars in a League setting and to see if there is interest in starting a Club to race in a regular series. They will be Private Lobbies with no Competitive Racing License so there is no risk to your license points. If you're a U1500 or an S1700, your license will not change by driving in these events.

Come and have some fun at Silverstone Thursday and Lemans on Saturday. Here is the format at the moment.

LMP900, Group C, GTE and GT3 classes. Drive whatever you like. The actual series will probably run 1 or 2 classes Max based on interest.
    Default Setups
    All driving aids allowed
    Cockpit View not enforced and Driving line can be turned on.
    12 car maximum lobby size

15 Minute Practice
    15 Minute Qualifying
    30 Minute Race - Rolling Start

This is a Private lobby so to participate, you will need to reply with your XBox gamertag or if you don't want to put it up here publicly, just PM me or Message me on Xbox that you want an invite to participate in one or both of these events.
    My gamertag is knightracing727

Thursday 28 Feb Silverstone GP Circuit 19:00 Eastern Standard Time
    Saturday 2 Mar Lemans Circuit de la Sarthe 19:00utc ( 2pm Eastern in North America, 7pm in the UK )
    Last edited by knightracing727; 27-02-2019 at 23:40.
    XB1 X Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition, Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On for Formula Racing, RSDash, Home made Single Seater Monocoque.
    The following user likes this Post: Flat-6

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Well the first track day ran Thursday. As I suspected, talk talk talk talk talk. No substance. Welcome to the internet.

We did have 8 drivers which was great. Of the 7 people on this thread who "want" an Endurance series only 2 showed up for the track day. Only 3 of those 7 even contacted me regarding availability. 4 of the drivers who showed up for Thursday, twice as many as the "interested people" from this thread, were from my FR35 league. We got two others who found us after the lobby opened.

Of the 8 drivers, 5 chose to drive LMP9, 1 GTE and 2 GT3. The GT3 cars were gone 4 minutes into the half hour race, actually one of them at the end of qualifying, consistent with every GT3 lobby you see online.

I have also found while running open lobbies this week that LMP9 attracts more drivers and I've had some very good races with lots of people. Filling a GT lobby is almost impossible with a race length longer than 3-5 Laps or 5 minutes.

So using this information, the 2nd track day will run Saturday 2 March at 19:00 utc. That's 2pm Eastern in North America and 7pm in the UK.
    Classes will be LMP9 and GTE. I'm also going to change the circuit to Hockenheim GP Circuit since running cars around Lemans could get pretty lonely for a "get to know you" type of event. We'll save a Lemans race for the points championship.
    Format will be the same. 15 minute Practice and Qualifying. 30 minute Race.

At the moment it looks like I have 5 drivers who are confirmed to race in a real series. If you want to be included and make this Endurance Series a reality, as always, get me your gamertag by replying here, PM me or message me on XBOX and most importantly, show up at the race track Saturday. I'm knightracing727

See you at the circuit.
    Last edited by knightracing727; 01-03-2019 at 13:12.
    XB1 X Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition, Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On for Formula Racing, RSDash, Home made Single Seater Monocoque.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by knightracing727 View Post
    Well the first track day ran Thursday. As I suspected, talk talk talk talk talk. No substance. Welcome to the internet.

We did have 8 drivers which was great. Of the 7 people on this thread who "want" an Endurance series only 2 showed up for the track day. Only 3 of those 7 even contacted me regarding availability. 4 of the drivers who showed up for Thursday, twice as many as the "interested people" from this thread, were from my FR35 league. We got two others who found us after the lobby opened.

Of the 8 drivers, 5 chose to drive LMP9, 1 GTE and 2 GT3. The GT3 cars were gone 4 minutes into the half hour race, actually one of them at the end of qualifying, consistent with every GT3 lobby you see online.

I have also found while running open lobbies this week that LMP9 attracts more drivers and I've had some very good races with lots of people. Filling a GT lobby is almost impossible with a race length longer than 3-5 Laps or 5 minutes.

So using this information, the 2nd track day will run Saturday 2 March at 19:00 utc. That's 2pm Eastern in North America and 7pm in the UK.
    Classes will be LMP9 and GTE. I'm also going to change the circuit to Hockenheim GP Circuit since running cars around Lemans could get pretty lonely for a "get to know you" type of event. We'll save a Lemans race for the points championship.
    Format will be the same. 15 minute Practice and Qualifying. 30 minute Race.

At the moment it looks like I have 5 drivers who are confirmed to race in a real series. If you want to be included and make this Endurance Series a reality, as always, get me your gamertag by replying here, PM me or message me on XBOX and most importantly, show up at the race track Saturday. I'm knightracing727

See you at the circuit.
    Perhaps you are right. I have been wanting to be apart of league racing for endurance racing for sometime. But I have made the mistake of committing to early. I have to much going on right now. Real life just has to take priority right now. Perhaps in a month or two I will be in a better position to take part of league racing.

Have fun racing.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat-6 View Post
    Perhaps you are right. I have been wanting to be apart of league racing for endurance racing for sometime. But I have made the mistake of committing to early. I have to much going on right now. Real life just has to take priority right now. Perhaps in a month or two I will be in a better position to take part of league racing.

Have fun racing.
    Totally get that. It's the reason setting up points championships is almost impossible. Getting 12 people to commit to a specific day and time for 10 weeks in advance from all around the globe is statistically improbable. My FR35 league is a rarity for sure. The work it took to set it up and takes to keep it running is staggering sometimes, just for one series and that's why I nipped this in the bud. Everybody is "Yes yes yes" but have no idea what they are saying yes to and that in fact, what most of them are doing is wasting peoples time.

I however don't give up so easily. If today doesn't pan out, I will most likely run Open lobby Endurance races for those who want real races but can't commit to a long term series. The demand for LMP9 especially is obvious, so I'll probably set up a regular weekly race if we don't have a minimum of 8 after today. They are great cars.

We'll see what happens,
    kni

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The second test race was a cracker with 8 more cars. 7 LMP9 and 1 GTE. Good on him/her in the GTE for running the full 30 minutes with no one else to run against in class and still being aware of the LMP9's and getting out of the way while getting lapped. That's a race car driver!.

From this experiment, I'm going to run a regular LMP9 league race for those who have joined up and want to race this format. These cars are a ton of fun. Especially with the Default setup putting the outcome completely in the drivers hands. I'll start a league post once the 7 drivers who have committed get organized, pick a day and frequency. I'll still take requests to join the field if you want to contact me. I think we could ultimately go with a 10 car field.

This was a good process and I thank the OP for starting the thread. It has seeded a new series which is going to be a lot of fun. It's too bad he was never again part of the conversation he started. LOL! If you ever check back in, I'll save a grid slot for you.

This post is closed

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Before the mods lock this (since it is no longer particularly relevant) I just want to thank knight for getting something running. Sadly I couldn't make either race but I know I would have enjoyed them. Hope your LMP900 league goes well, and see you on track(if we ever end up racing)!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    As per request:closed...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32