Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: for pCARS3, I'd rather have _____ than better graphics.

Platform
    PS4
    I know that most of the things people want are impossible to achieve, I just need a working netcode without bugs and the penalty system to make sense, ramming people should be cast away. Also a user rated license would be usefull.

Platform
    PC
    Another suggestion...

I hate when somebody shares his personal setup, he has to capture 5 screens and upload it, and when other wants to use it, has to copy manually or print on paper. You can see in the "Request Setups" threads of this forums with thousands of captures to pass a few data. Example

My proposed solution is integrate a QR Code in the setup screen that stores all the values of the setup. In a 101x101 QR it's possible store more than 3000bytes that could be enough for all the data of your setup and you could pass it to your smartphone without using paper. Then you can read it from your phone when you need it.

You'll undestand me better with an example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2019-03-14 14-01-09-64.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	265440

Name:	Sin título.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	265441

If you use you smartphone, you scan that QR (QR apps are free) and you get all the data in an ecological way. And you only have to post a small image with all your setup data or the ascii results of the scan. It would be specially useful for console users, that can scan his own setup from their screen, and send it in text mode thought Whatsapp to a friend before the race i.e.

The QR code could be in steady position as in the first picture, or we can add a button "Get QR code" and then appears as an overlay (easier to capture for console players). After clicking anywhere desappears again getting a cleaner interface:

Name:	pCARS2 2019-03-14 14-01-09-64.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	255.0 KB 
ID:	265481

In these examples the QR was generated manually with fictional data, but you can scan it with you phone to see how it would work (open as text, not with browser).

It could be used also in the results screens for data for sharing & publishing..
    Last edited by Asturbo; 18-03-2019 at 16:40.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Wouldn't it be much easier if they were simple .txt /cfg files that people can share? Then you could even use a file comparer tool to quickly spot the changes...

I realize they tried to crypt absolutely everything in order to avoid exploits, but wouldn't it be much simpler when loading such a file in the game to make a check against the allowed values there?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hlspwn, KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Wouldn't it be much easier if they were simple .txt /cfg files that people can share? Then you could even use a file comparer tool to quickly spot the changes...
    For PC user, may be but think also in console users. With the proposed system is the fastest way I can imagine. You only need to make the photo of your TV, scan the code and send the result as text by WA/mail. From the QR code you should get the same info contained in CFG file if it would be plaint text, but without browsing the file system.

The process as described would take only 5".
    Last edited by Asturbo; 14-03-2019 at 22:38.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, JasonSandwich

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    Another suggestion...

I hate when somebody shares his personal setup, he has to capture 5 screens and upload it, and when other wants to use it, has to copy manually or print on paper. You can see in the "Request Setups" threads of this forums with thousands of captures.

My proposed solution is integrate a QR Code in the setup screen that stores all the values of the setup. In a 101x101 QR it's possible store more than 3000bytes that could be enough for all the data of your setup and you could pass it to your smartphone without using paper. Then you can read it from your phone when you need it.
    This is the kind of suggestion I created this thread for. You see, graphics not only take processing power, but also programming time. Sure, the programmers that work on graphics are probably experts in that field, but they are programmers nonetheless. The point is to find ways to use these resources (not just cpu power, but man power) in other areas where they may be needed. These guys might be freelancers as well, so even more so. With these ideas, instead of hiring one kind of programmer, you hire other kind of programmers.

Nice idea!

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    For PC user, may be but think also in console users. With the proposed system is the fastest way I can imagine. You only need to make the photo of your TV, scan the code and send the result as text by WA/mail. From the QR code you should get the same info contained in CFG file if it would be plaint text, but without browsing the file system.

The process as described would take only 5".
    Oops, right, sorry indeed I did not think about consoles!
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    This is the kind of suggestion I created this thread for. You see, graphics not only take processing power, but also programming time. Sure, the programmers that work on graphics are probably experts in that field, but they are programmers nonetheless. The point is to find ways to use these resources (not just cpu power, but man power) in other areas where they may be needed. These guys might be freelancers as well, so even more so. With these ideas, instead of hiring one kind of programmer, you hire other kind of programmers.

Nice idea!
    People who work on graphics will always work on graphics. A render coder will not do gameplay code, and neither will an asset builder. Simple as that really. The only option would be to hire more gameplay coders. Game development has become so complicated that you don't have people anymore who can do everything, nor is is efficient to have people switch tasks all the time. Someone who has been working on render code for 4 months will have to spend significant time familiarizing him-/herself again first with the gameplay code before being able to add anything useful.

Besides, it already starts with prioritizing of what is needed and when. Even though I like the QR code idea, when a decision is needed whether to put a programmer on optimizing render code or improving AA, or to have him/her implement a QR code system, the former will always be decided to be more important for the game.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Besides, it already starts with prioritizing of what is needed and when. Even though I like the QR code idea, when a decision is needed whether to put a programmer on optimizing render code or improving AA, or to have him/her implement a QR code system, the former will always be decided to be more important for the game.
    For sure we all know that we can't get everything and I obviously prefer improving AA, as you have said. But if we are now in the brainstorming stage (not sure), everything could be suggested and add it to the list. The creativity manuals says that even from crazy ideas you could get good results. After colleting all the ideas, the design team has to analize the convenience and the viability of each proposal. Then they have to estimate the cost and beneficts that it brings to decide to tackle or discard it.

About this particular feature, the cost would't be high. The coding algoritms are standart based and public and probably the libraries needed are free. You have to read the values in memory of the setup parameters and pass it to the QR script to make the QR code. More UI job than codding job.

Obviously I don't say it's easy (nothing is), but I see much more complicated the driver swap i.e. (and DSwap is more important for the game, no doubt about that).
    Last edited by Asturbo; 18-03-2019 at 12:27.
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    I'm giving another turn to the QR idea.

Somebody knows if the setup parameters are avaliable with the shared memory option in PCARS 2?

If it's true, it would be possibe create an external app running in background and with a hotkey it could read the desired memory positions and generate a QR code externally, even for PCARS2...
    Last edited by Asturbo; 16-03-2019 at 10:18.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm giving another turn to the QR idea.

Somebody knows if the setup parameters are avaliable with the shared memory option in PCARS 2?

If it's true, it would be possibe create an external app running in background and with a hotkey it could read the desired memory positions and generate a QR code externally, even for PCARS2...
    Unfortunately not. If it was, I would had done something like that long ago