Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: for pCARS3, I'd rather have _____ than better graphics.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    as it does not account for things like accident avoidance.
    Yes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBiAaHLg_Go

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Penalties that do work very well in pC2 are the ones related to the pitlane speed and the pitlane lines. They have proven very accurate and reliable for us.
    Although I'd sometimes like a little more leeway with pitlane speed penalty. If by mistake you come into the pitlane at higher speed, there is so little time between warning and actual penalty, that even standing on the brakes after seeing the warning does not save you from penalty. But maybe it's OK, maybe I should pay closer attention to speed limits ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Ah yes, when I refer to problematic areas, I mean the cut track penalties which are extremely inconsistent and the next lap invalidation thing
    yes it can be annoying but it's a way to counteract cheating in quali, when cutting the last corner gives you unfair advantage on the next lap because you are so much faster on the front straight. I see no other way to handle it. I mean, theoretically there could be a warning "this lap is invalidated, and because this is last sector, the next lap will be invalidated too unless you slow down for x seconds" but then slowing down would screw up the next lap anyway.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz0r View Post
    It's probably been suggested many times already, but I have to mention puddles... those dammed puddles!
    Ok, so yesterday I ran a Vintage F1A(Lotus 98T) 20L wet-to-dry race at Donington.
    When the track was at it's wettest - for the first 5-8 laps, the wet tyres weren't adversely affected by any standing water. When the track began to dry out, two particular puddles presented themselves...
    The first was at the entrance to The Fogarty Esses, and the other one was right in the middle of the Melbourne Hairpin. Whenever I even cruised through them, my car would slide dramatically offline, but the a.i cars would remain unaffected by the puddles, losing me so much time, I became uncompetitive.
    So, the wet tyres that worked fine when the track was fully wet, suddenly began to aquaplane when coming across these puddles when the track was drying out, even if the water within them should be a lot less than when the whole track was fully wet!

It's as if the game said "Oh, it looks like you're about to hit that puddle. It'd would be a shame, if something happened. Lets activate slide.dll".
    The result, is that I can only play with the track either fully wet or fully dry, throughout.
    If you find yourself in single player and it gets ridiculous then just do an instant replay, watch for a few seconds, go back into the action and the track will be clear. Be aware this also removes the rubbering effect in the dry as I found by going screaming off at a corner that was suddenly green again.. but as for the on topic bit- livetrack being more practical exactly as Asturbo describes is right up there for me, in single player as well as multi player.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    yes it can be annoying but it's a way to counteract cheating in quali, when cutting the last corner gives you unfair advantage on the next lap because you are so much faster on the front straight. I see no other way to handle it. I mean, theoretically there could be a warning "this lap is invalidated, and because this is last sector, the next lap will be invalidated too unless you slow down for x seconds" but then slowing down would screw up the next lap anyway.
    Exactly, cutting the last corner gives you an advantage, so make it invalidate your next lap when you do exactly that. Like it was in PCARS1 and in every other racing game out there that I know of. Not when you are 1 km away from the final corner...
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Bliman, Keena, PawelK

Platform
    PS4
    something I would want to see in all race games going forward is the DiRT effect, what I'm saying is the little details that makes cars "alive"

better and louder exhaust effects.

better exhaust fire effects, 3d maybe? actually animated?

little transmission effects.

louder exhaust in cockpit view

maybe more frequent exhaust blowoffs....... uh... yeah that's about.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

Platform
    PC
    I would really like various small bugs from PC2 to be fixed, if not on the initial release, then at least in early patches.

They are not bad enough to completely "ruin the experience" but they are annoying and make the game look amateurish and not tested internally.

Examples:

1. in some cars that supposedly do not allow changing gear ratios, sometimes attempting to change those sort of works, but in a wrong way, e.g. the numbers change in the opposite direction than they should (clicking on the up arrow lowers the number), or a click on up then down does not return to the original number etc

2. after the race, the result table and especially the "save replay" button sometimes disappear basically right away, leaving no time to click. They should stay up until the user closes or at least for a decent amount of time.

3. related: there should be an option to automatically save replays (like in AC, up to a certain number of replays or amount of disk space, then the oldest auto-saved replays would be automatically deleted)

4. replays, so many things wrong
    4.1. there should be a way to jump to any time in the replay by clicking on the progress bar, now the only way to get there is rewind/fast forward (up to x5 speed) which takes a while unless the race is very short. Very annoying especially if I am trying to get to a spot towards the end and accidentally click on |< and have to fast forward again
    4.2. there should be full control over which overlays are displayed. Currently, one cannot have the play controls/progress bar hidden and other elements (map, driver postition/relative times list) shown
    4.3. in the photo mode, the drone camera gets stuck for a reason and won't move in a direction (usually away from the car) even though the virtual drone is not hitting an object.

5. remove or allow to remove control of menus with the steering wheel. Sometimes I would stop with my wheel turned, and then the UI goes crazy, switching quickly between the menus or worse, if in setup screen, immediately wildly changes a setup parameter

6. in a recent race, incorrect flags were displayed next to drivers' names. Maybe because at least one driver left the race before it ended.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Maskmagog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Sorry to the guys who worked on the original sounds but for me this area needs work for sure