Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: for pCARS3, I'd rather have _____ than better graphics.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    More reliable online play. (Too many people get disconnected too often)
    Less frustrating / more consistent penalties for exceeding track limits. (for example; tell us immediately when we exceed so that we can slow a little and/or show us how much we need to slow; don't invalidate the next lap in qualifying if we exceed well before the final corner)
    A less extreme rain setting so we can have damp tracks without always having to cope with huge puddles. More realistic random weather settings.
    More options for online racing. (Better searches for lobbies, lobby names/descriptions, reverse/custom grid order, host-kick option, etc.)
    Better replay controls (e.g. jump to specific points in a race - at least "next lap") and ability to save longer replays (currently 45 minute limit on PS4) and more than about 5 replays at a time.

There are many other things (e.g. balanced AI that actually races you rather than just playing follow-the-leader) but the above are the things which cause the most annoyance in my regular racing group and our leagues (which is where the long-term customer base comes from).

If they were to fix most of the reported issues in PC2 I and most of my league-mates would be happy, but I'm afraid that they'll be over-ambitious again for PC3 and still not deal with the basics properly.
    Last edited by Dave White; 15-02-2019 at 10:31.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Bliman, CodeCmdr, cpcdem, KKR kwik-kiwi, rocho

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Ian has said to expect a more complex player model, personally I would not want any degradation to the players driving experience. The AI issue for me is the slowness in the rain as the AI cars appear not to 'see' live track puddles and that maybe able to be addressed without extending the player model fully to AI cars.
    Personally I think it's "easy" to make the AI be affected more/similarly by what affects the player without modifying the AI tyre model (big CPU hit) or simplifying the player's tyre model (goes against everything that pCARS stands for). Just use approximated physics to fill the current gaps and implement better (live)track awareness of the AI, and the experience will already be much better.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Keena, Maskmagog, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    I think just revamp this game fix bugs online things that need fixed and move forward with what the vision was in the first place.
    The following user likes this Post: CodeCmdr

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokoMaruyama View Post
    I don't understand why everyone wants to bash graphics. Visual aids are as important as physics underneath in a racing sim. Try any mod track for most sims and the visual aids and stuff on track to help for braking points and such is missing. Plus it helps with immersion, and makes the game look way more appealing to those who are on the fence.
    The graphic is already good. The AI needs and the career mode need a lot of improvement.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chastewand, Keena

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    for pCARS3, instead of better graphics, I'd rather have AI use the same tire model as the player. If this is not possible, I'd rather have a simpler tire model so that the AI can have the same tire model, hence making the AI better.
    Gotta do this again...

You can have a complex tire model, and be able to have great AI. rFactor 2 is proof of that.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following user likes this Post: CodeCmdr

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    Gotta do this again...

You can have a complex tire model, and be able to have great AI. rFactor 2 is proof of that.
    Having watched a race yesterday at Bathurst I initially thought that it was an online race with how the ai behaved , it looked great with locking up brakes and a few shunts and wall scrapes even the odd car facing the wrong way. Looked very impressive

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    -Realistic behavior of cars over kerbs, no more being sucked in them like they are a black hole
    -A consistent, clear, a lot smarter and intuitive track limits penalty system
    -Replays with jump in time functionality
    -More realistic puddles formation with rain
    -Stable online, a couple nights ago we completely abandoned doing a league race due to too many disconnections
    -Much smaller bugs/features ratio

Then it will become the absolute sim for me!
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Bliman, chastewand, CodeCmdr, DaWorstPlaya, Gregz0r, rocho, wesker6664

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    -Realistic behavior of cars over kerbs, no more being sucked in them like they are a black hole
    -A consistent, clear, a lot smarter and intuitive track limits penalty system
    -Replays with jump in time functionality
    -More realistic puddles formation with rain
    -Stable online, a couple nights ago we completely abandoned doing a league race due to too many disconnections
    -Much smaller bugs/features ratio

Then it will become the absolute sim for me!
    All of this and:

- Custom championships
    - Custom grids
    - Better AI physics/tire models
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bliman, chastewand, cpcdem, Gregz0r

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by eracerhead View Post
    Bulletproof multiplayer
    Livery trading
    Hi-quality sound and livery packs for PC
    Searchable, smoother replays
    Allow me to put on my "end-user" hat for a minute (personal opinions follow).

These are the areas that are the biggest challenges for leagues, and any group trying to do more than a 30 minute "sprint" style format of online racing. There are a number of fairly serious items that impact longer races and seem to only be a factor in online play.

Regarding replays and livery sharing, leagues use replays for post race investigations. Being able to jump directly to an incident would make life MUCH easier for those of us having to investigate those incidents. Livery sharing, well, it would certainly be nice for all league members to be able to run custom liveries that include league sponsor/partner logos, etc.

It's definitely an opportunity for large gains with the online communities.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Anguiano, Asturbo, Charger, cpcdem, eracerhead, FxUK, Gregz0r, JasonSandwich, rocho

Platform
    PS4
    Way fewer bugs.
    The following user likes this Post: Gregz0r