Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Is it possible to start the game with no AVX?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    I was having some issues after overclocking my 1080ti so I reverted back to stock. Then I overclocked my 8700k and had some issues. I have since lowered my OC to 4.7 (vs 4.9) and its been OK so far. I think I did not have enough voltage on my 4.9 OC. I have to do more testing with that.

I started on Xbox 1 X but also just switched to PC. I cannot choose 2 platforms but still use both

I had that same combination and didn't have any issues. Obviously every combination might not work exactly the same but should be close. On the 1080ti watch for memory issues. You will probably have to back off on that 200-500mhz because Pcars will show any stability issues even though you pass benchmarks. Make sure you only overclock the speed on the gpu first then do the memory so if you have issues you know which one caused the issue. Honestly I don't even bother with the benchmarks anymore and just use pcars to test the overclocks.lol

Like the others said just use the avx offset. You most likely wont get anything higher then 4.7 to work with avx but your oc at 4.9 should be fine if you use a -2 avx offset.
    Last edited by morpwr; 16-02-2019 at 12:39.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyPaws73 View Post
    If you are having CPU temperature issues, you should be able to adjust the clock speed based on AVX use in the BIOS setup. On my board it adjusts the clock in steps of 0.1 GHz if I recall correctly.
    No temperature issues when it crashed. Both the CPU and GPU temps are around 51*C when playing Pcars2 for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    That's exactly what I mean with lowering the OC for AVX. Check your bios for AVX offset. Setting it to 1 means the OC will clock down 0.1 GHz when AVX instructions are used and so on. Set it at a level when you no longer get problems. Or just just the -sse2 switch which means the game doesn't use AVX.
    I am currently running no offset. However, I just got into OCing my CPU so I believe I did not have enough voltage on the OC when I went to 4.9, I also did not stress test long enough. I did not do alot of testing when I went to 4.9. I just need to spend more time getting it dialed in at 4.9 (if I even really need it) I am at 4.7 right now and it has been stable so far.

Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I had that same combination and didn't have any issues. Obviously every combination might not work exactly the same but should be close. On the 1080ti watch for memory issues. You will probably have to back off on that 200-500mhz because Pcars will show any stability issues even though you pass benchmarks. Make sure you only overclock the speed on the gpu first then do the memory so if you have issues you know which one caused the issue. Honestly I don't even bother with the benchmarks anymore and just use pcars to test the overclocks.lol

Like the others said just use the avx offset. You most likely wont get anything higher then 4.7 to work with avx but your oc at 4.9 should be fine if you use a -2 avx offset.
    I dialed down my GPU OC. It was passing the stress test built into MSI Afterburner but it would crash in Pcars2. I have since went to a small OC on the Core clock using the Auto Curve OC that BigDad posted about a week ago and it has been very stable.

When I get time I will try to go back to 4.9 on the CPU and use an offset if needed. However, at this point, I am not entirely sure I even will get any benefit going to 4.9 vs the 4.7 I am at now.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****