Thread: Inconsistent pace on community event

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Inconsistent pace on community event

Hi folks, first to all im not an english man, so please be pacient
    Im doing some sessions on the Playseat challenger and i noticed some inconsistent in my pace, i mean im my times. Last night i do 35 laps, my pace are between 1:30.000 - 1:30.200. Its ok, but over the time and restarting the session several times the game go more slower, like slow motion, and the car feel like im in rails and more stable, feel with more weight, then is when suddenly i can go 1 second more faster than my normal pace, that is not about improve, is like the game give me the chance to do a fast lap. Today, i tryed some runs and im back on 1:30.000. Im pretty sure with the pass of time i can go over 1:29.000 again or maybe 1:28.000. What is going on? I talking with some friends and all feel the same, like the game over time give you a chance to do a fast time. If you check the leaderboards looks like is not only me. If i use the top ghost time i can go more faster than if i use my ghost. What is all about?

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I took a quick look, followed your ghost car (of your 1:29 lap) and everything looks normal to me. Acceleration, braking, cornering speed is all normal, fast of course, but normal.

I'm sure it's just practice that helps, also myself every single time I start any time trial I am 1-2 seconds slower at first, even if I did the same combo the day before. I need 3-4 laps to get up to speed, from then one I can stay there and fight for the extra tenths. And it makes sense that you go faster when you use a fast ghost, it always help to have something ahead to chase! (in the game and everywhere in life ).

I know you, you are fast and that you can do 1:29 is not a surprise for me at all. I think you can go even faster probably. But yes, if you manage something as low as a flat 1:28, then probably something will be strange

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey bro, how are you? I understand and i agree what you say, improve over laps, but this is not the case. I have thousands of hours on tt. I was thinking that it could be latency stuff, maybe community event use different online stuff...dont know, i dont push too much on community events at all, but in this case was a challenge and i give it a try. This never happen on tt. Also im more slower on tt with custom setup :S. Dont know if the track conditions are the same as tt. But that is a different story. The feeling over long time is not the same. For example, i dont feel the car the same way in solo mode as online mode. Online the race feel more slower, thats why i think maybe is just some latency stuff. Im from South America, maybe that is part of the problem...I just dont know...
    Last edited by MOTOJUNGLA; 14-02-2019 at 05:34.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Its weird that is not only me. You also do lot of tt. You dont feel nothing extrange? LOL is just funny because is difficult to explain...But is like i enter in the matrix and i saw all more slower....im not high

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Time trial and community events you do them locally in your PC, there's no network involved, until you finish the lap and it needs to be uploaded. Yes, usually the cars feel different in time trial compared to online race, or community events, due to different weather and track conditions. Last week, in the Formula C community event, the conditions were very cold, so it was a lot harder than in normal time trial, maybe now the conditions are slightly better. But for online races especially, yes, the cars feel a lot different a lot of times, it is normal.

Personally I did not notice much difference between this community event and the same combo in time trial, but I absolutely hate this track, maybe this does not let me see the differences . And as I said I followed your ghost and it looked fine, for the most part I could follow you and I was remaining with a constant difference to you of 1-2 tenths, I did not see any better acceleration or something similar from your ghost, it all looked normal.

Maybe it's just that the fastest people are not very used to FWD cars, so we have a chance to be competitive here. I will try to join the show in the next event, in Red Bull Ring

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Im pretty sure that the ghost causes desynchronization with the lap time, also noticed that the relative does not give exact data after some laps, and sometimes reaching the end of the lap the time as it accelerates, personal best go crazy over long run session. I dont usually use a ghost car, it tends to distract me and i dont see clear for moments. Whatever, good luck on RBR, maybe i will try another run in this days

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The problem with the relative time widget is that it does not work in a intuitive way. When you first start your time trial session, there's no relative time available, even though you have done one in the same combo before. Anyway, after you do your first valid lap, then there's a relative time available showing (which is always offset by 0.030 sec to the real time you did...), which gets updated when you better than time.

But the problem is that if you restart (and restart is the only way to change your setup, or fix your damage etc etc) and then you do finish another lap, then this lap becomes the new "session best", no matter if it was faster than your previous session best or not!! Only workaround to avoid this is to never finish another lap, or always invalidate it on purpose (which usually invalidates also your next lap...), if it is not faster that your real previous best, to avoid it being reset. I am sure this is what you are seeing and think the lap time is not correct, it's just a bug or a bad design decision. But it is only annoying, it does not really affect your lap times.

And I agree about the ghost cars, sometimes they help a lot, but sometimes they also distract you. In RRE they have done this very neatly, with a press of a button you can simply show or hide the ghost car, without needing to restart your session, I hope SMS will implement this very helpful function for the next Project CARS. Thanks for the wishes, looking forward to a fight there!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Maskmagog, Zaskarspants