Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Playseat® SMS-R Series Challenger

Platform
    PC

Playseat® SMS-R Series Challenger

Nice first qualifing session Playseat® SMS-R Series Challenger. I'm very surprised to see more than 800 players on this event, with incredible fast times.

Some thoughts that I want to share with you:

• I didn't expect so many players. Probably awards helps, but it's a good move to keep comunity alive. I encorage organizer to continue in the future with more events like this.
    • In the top of the list, only 3 of the 15 fastest players uses in-car camera. It's very extrange because in-car camera players are most, but the top of the list are players with external camera.
    • With this car and circuit, I've seen than stable setup was slightly faster than loose. I could improve my times about 0.5 seconds after changing to stable setups, but too late for me because I discovered in the last minute.

I don't know if fastest players uses external camera, or external camera for some reason makes you faster, but I'm intrigued. I don't know the camera they are using, probably bonnet camera. Also I recomend you to try both default setups for next event, because that could make some differences and loose isn't necesarely the fastest, as I thought. I'll try yo test both things for the next event and post my impressions for if it helps someone.

You can post your comments in this thread.

Next combo now active, is Red Bull Ring GP with same car. Good luck!
    Last edited by Asturbo; 19-02-2019 at 10:18.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Konan

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, nice to see many players! External camera is slightly faster, because you can see more of the road. Not bumper camera though, they (and I, for TT) use bonnet or roof, although I would not be very surprised if some people even use the chase camera!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, I'm one of the three qualified who used the inside view. In my opinion with the external view you have no advantage, it's just a matter of habit and points of reference. Good luck for next qualify rounds, I hope we will see at the shootout in algarve.
    The following user likes this Post: Dameyon

Platform
    PC
    As one of the fastest in the list, could you confirm if you've used stable setups for your lap?
    Last edited by Asturbo; 19-02-2019 at 12:16.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Stable setup confirmed but times are very close between two setups

Platform
    PC
    Thanks. It will be interesting in the next track (a very fast one), if it happens the same.

Platform
    PC
    Many of those listed as "external" cam use the bonnet cam, which should be in a separate category. External should only be bumper cam or behind the car.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA˛ GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    With external cams being central, they may help judge track cutting better as, in theory at least, you have to keep the centre of the car inside the outer edge of the kerb.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Lovely competition, I was blown away by the speed of the top guys. In my opinion FWD is easy-mode for both drivers and car designers, my mistakes were much safer than the ones I would have made in an RWD car. But it doesn't take away from the racing in the end.
    I don't think stable would have helped me though, I never got the back end out.

My preference in pCARS2 is bonnet cam at 90 degree FoV in my current setup. It seems like other people got that to work as well. Everyone has a different screen, they should be able to set a FoV that fits that setting.
    CPU i5-3350P @3.1Ghz | Mobo ASrock B75 Pro3-M | Ram Corsair 8Gb | GPU club3d HD7870XT joker | Audio Headphones plugged into onboard audio (realtek chip) | OS Windows 8.1 64-Bit | Wheel Fanatec GT3RSV2 (FW756) + Clubsport pedals (driver v177) |
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Got 16th place so far, with 5 of the guys above having already qualified from the previous round. With a lap just a couple tenths faster I think I should probably be in at the end, but how to find this extra time...So near but yet so far!