Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Playseat® SMS-R Series Challenger

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Watch the track guide for Qualifying Round 2 in the Playseat® SMS-R Series. Courtesy of @Yorkie065. Drivers: Please don't forget to also register at https://t.co/tbXpDvrhd7 to be eligible to progress beyond the qualifying stage of the tournament. https://t.co/oT8DwZvQ7j

De Tweet bekijken van @projectcarsgame: https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/...401807873?s=09
    Last edited by Konan; 21-02-2019 at 11:45.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Platform
    PC
    I made mid 36s at 1 second of the leaders. It could be possible for me gain another 0.2, but never 1 second to be with them.

I don't know if it could be a placebo effect, but I think that with manual clutch I'm a little bit faster (but not using the pedal to shift). It not makes sense because this car has semiauto gearbox, but I improved with this "hack".
    Last edited by Asturbo; 24-02-2019 at 23:47.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    I don't know if it could be a placebo effect, but I think that with manual clutch I'm a little bit faster. It not makes sense because this car has semiauto gearbox but I improved with this "hack".
    Yes, it is faster (most cars) if you disable autoclutch in PCARS2, that includes cars that have a sequential gearbox, like GT3s, GTEs and Touring Cars. The difference is around 2-3 tenths per lap, gained through the upshifts, which happen faster this way.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Yes, it is faster (most cars) if you disable autoclutch in PCARS2, that includes cars that have a sequential gearbox, like GT3s, GTEs and Touring Cars. The difference is around 2-3 tenths per lap, gained through the upshifts, which happen faster this way.
    Oh God, it gets better! A very kind and extremely fast soul just told me that he is using the clutch while cornering in order to keep the revs high and so have a better exit speed. In cars with sequential gearbox, and he says it works great in this sim...!!! I did not try this myself and never will, I refuse to use things like that.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    I know it happens with manual gearboxes, but I thought that has no effect with auto gearboxes where you don't have to use clutch to shift.

Oh God, it gets better! A very kind and extremely fast soul just told me that he is using the clutch while cornering in order to keep the revs high and so have a better exit speed. In cars with sequential gearbox, and he says it works great in this sim...!!! I did not try this myself and never will, I refuse to use things like that.
    That expains how fast are some guys are on corner exit.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 25-02-2019 at 09:41.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I know it happens with manual gearboxes, but I thought that has no effect with auto gearboxes where you don't have to use clutch to shift.
    In reality of course it does not have any effect. In the sim, it has.

That expains how fast are some guys are on corner exit.
    Not only that, of course it is also talent and better coordination than ours. But now that I learned this, I lost all my motivation to practice to get better and better as I've been doing for two years now. Way too many unrealistic exploits need to be used...
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    ...I lost all my motivation to practice to get better and better as I've been doing for two years now
    Don't let this do that to you. With any competition there will always be people exploiting (for want of a better word) every possible advantage within a system to gain an edge on their opponents. No matter what the game, as soon as money or other prizes are involved, some people will play by what they see as an immovable set of rules, others see those exact same rules as "negotiable". If you are wanting to actually compete in this arena, rather than simply take part, you are either going to have to find all these little advantages and use them to your own advantage or do the best you can within your own set of rules and be proud of it. Believe me, there are few things sweeter than being near the top of the pile when you are playing by the spirit of the rules .
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cpcdem, GrimeyDog, Konan

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks cluck, I agree, it feels nice being near the top, with what I consider as "normal". Although of course what one person perceives as "normal" may be already way over the line of another's, or way before their line .

But I am not blaming people using this particular technique, it is a valid one for certain cars, although definitely not for cars like GT3s and Touring Cars. I imagine they use that even for LMPs... But not their fault, they know how to do that in other cars, so they apply it here, it's natural for them. IMO it's the game (since it is a sim...) that should had made sure that you cannot drive LMP1 cars like 70s rally cars, the clutch should be having no effect whatsoever in GT3s, TCs, LMPs etc, apart from the race start.

Once you leave open exploits like that, people will of course use them, and nobody can really tell them that they are doing things "beyond what the devs intended". Because if they intended to make it realistic, they would had simply made this clutch usage obsolete in those classes...

Platform
    PC
    Agree with cluck.

It happens IRL with all team looking for holes in the rules to take advantage (burningin oil in F1 i.e.). The important thing is that we must try to discover all that little hacks to have a competition as equitative as possible. Then everyone can decide if using or not.

Other thing about this combo, I've seen that the outrack limits of last turn are more relaxed than usual. You can cut in the apex more than any other turn, and you can go wider also on the exit. I prefer this way that other turns that are too much restrictive.

Edit:
    IMO it's the game (since it is a sim...) that should had made sure that you cannot drive LMP1 cars like 70s rally cars, the clutch should be having no effect whatsoever in GT3s, TCs, LMPs etc, apart from the race start.
    Agree with that. Manual clutch should't give any advantage in cars with no clutch.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 25-02-2019 at 17:34.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Agree with cluck.

It happens IRL with all team looking for holes in the rules to take advantage. The important thing is that we must try to discover all that little hacks to have a competition as equitative as possible. Then everyone has to decide if using or not.
    Exactly what I was about to say! Yes, I think all possible exploits should be known to everybody. This way not only everyone can decide if they want to use them or not, but also the devs can decide if they want to close those holes or not. I have been mentioning the manual clutch = faster thing often here. Also that closed brake ducts do not offer more speed, things like that.

I.E. I've seen that the outrack limits of last turn are more relaxed than usual. You can cut in the apex more than any other turn, and you can go wider also at the exit.
    It's most corners in Red Bull Ring, the limits are way more lenient than any other track. First corner, second corner, last two corners. But it is one of the very few tracks where you can enjoy great racing similar to real life because of that, SMS please do not change this!