Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Playseat® SMS-R Series Challenger

Platform
    PC
    David, the exact cause it's difficult to know, because we don't know the design logic. I think that there was time enough to do a safe release, but the white car looking for his spot, prevents the release for being behind too close to Jardier. We agree in the most important: Pit stops are confusing and unpredictable, so makes sense that organizers try to avoid it for next races. The best one is they have taken note for improve that section in PCARS3.

Also the feedback from Pro drivers would be very important for improvement this and other sections (penalties i.e.). They can suggest changes from other sims that will be very important for PC3.

About the merged cars, I think it doesn't have consecuences during the pit lane. Probably doesn't happen anything until they are fully detached (even after pit exit), but I always release the pedal when ghosting because I don't want to learn how it works in the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    In almost all online races you will read or hear people shouting to others to leave the pits, when qualifying starts.
    Indeed!!!

We have to make a rule that everybody has to get out of the garage in qualifing session in 1 minute max. for don't blocking others. They can use return to box option if they need more time to make setups, but only when the rest of the players are on the track.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 13-04-2019 at 17:37.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Next race this evening at 8PM BST:

https://mobile.twitter.com/projectca...40026700906497
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Nope, tomorrow (Thursday)
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - unified leaderboards - Forum thread
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Oh dear, that's the second time today i think it's Thursday
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Oh dear, that's the second time today i think it's Thursday
    That reminds me of a joke my parents told me when I was in my early-teens

There were two hippopotamusses - or hippopotami if you prefer - sitting, nay, wallowing in a mud bath, basking in the glorious African sun. All of a sudden one of them turned to the other and said "Do you know, I keep thinking it's Thursday"

(there is no more to the joke, that's it, and yes I am sorry for going off-topic yet again but Konan started it, he thought it was Thursday)
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cpcdem, Konan

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I liked the joke
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    On topic again:

I would like to bring something up for improvement to the organisers:

In my opinion the system for no shows should properly be reviewed.
    Two examples of what occurred:

- Understanding that it is very exciting to try and qualify for this, there are a lot of entries (which can only be good)
    It's after qualifying has finished the troubles started.
    I don't think it's the organisers responsability to send numerous emails to one or two qualifiers to ask them if they will attend the shootouts... Because the people who were chosen as backups are kept in the loom until said qualifiers finally answer or (as it happened) don't and the backups get notified at the pretty last moment...

- in a case (also actual) a driver hasn't shown up for the first two races, he shouldn't even get the chance to participate anymore.
    In this case the backup raced in his place last week and now gets the news they are waiting for the original driver to maybe show up so he'll just have to wait and see...

There should be clear rules about those situations and IMHO those would reduce a lot of headaches for the organisers.
    Last edited by Konan; 17-04-2019 at 15:40.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Official SMS Esports
    Platform
    PC
    Cheers Konan. As with all other feedback, we'll make sure that the organisers see your comment.
    ---------------------
    Project CARS Esports Staff
    projectcarsesports.com

Platform
    PC
    I was going to ask for the overall standings, but I finaly found it:

https://www.projectcarsesports.com/s...standings.html

It's very close in the ProDrivers class. In the Challenge Class Operator is clear favorite, but the 2nd place it's going to be very disputed.

Continuing with Konan's suggestions, in a short championships like this with so much at stake, I think it would be a good option discard worst result of the 4 (only best 3 results valid). It's to avoid that one player with options runs out of options for a disconnection, or a fiasco. I.E., with that system, players with problems in the pit stop in last race, could discard this race and still have options to progress to the final.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 17-04-2019 at 18:14.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Official SMS Esports
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    I was going to ask for the overall standings, but I finaly found it:

https://www.projectcarsesports.com/s...standings.html

It's very close in the ProDrivers class. In the Challenge Class Operator is clear favorite, but the 2nd place it's going to be very disputed.

Continuing with Konan's suggestions, in a short championships like this with so much at stake, I think it would be a good option discard worst result of the 4 (only best 3 results valid). It's to avoid that one player with options runs out of options for a disconnection, or a fiasco. I.E., with that system, players with problems in the pit stop in last race, could discard this race and still have options to progress to the final.
    The competition rules don't include something like this at the moment, and I imagine that the organisers will be unlikely to change the rules halfway through the tournament. However, we will share your feedback with the Events House and AOR as always.
    ---------------------
    Project CARS Esports Staff
    projectcarsesports.com