Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Playseat® SMS-R Series Challenger

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    As i troll the thread i see concerns about Cock pit vs over head View... My Question is what about VR??? Even if VR is Not Visual Eye candy it still gives the best driving POV and allows you to look at and focus on every corner apex l... The same with Tripple Screens vs Single screens etc... So what I'm saying is its Not about what Driving view you use whats most important is finding the view thats best for you...dont forget
    peole who race in VR Only people with tripple screens and single screens would complain VR has a unfair advantage....ijs. .
    So how about people with steering wheels actually being at a disadvantage due to the instant steering response (therefore instant countersteer) on controllers. Just look at the statistics and you'll see that the fastest people on any track are using controllers. Why is no one complaining about that one?
    I own an Oculus, and let me tell you that with the current FOV (110) you are not getting an accurate feeling of speed and the track feels compressed. You're not really getting an advantage with current VR headsets. It's rather for the immersion, not for having a competitive edge.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Finally someone complaining on the advantages of a controller vs wheel lol

On a serious note... Every setting/input device has its advantages/draw backs.
    You choose one and do the best you can with it... If it's allowed there's nothing much anyone can do about it.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoulReaver03 View Post
    Just look at the statistics and you'll see that the fastest people on any track are using controllers. Why is no one complaining about that one?
    That's very far from being true, it's quite the opposite in PCARS2 and any other sim. I have absolutely nothing against people using a controller or keyboard, but if (most of) the fastest times were done using a pad, IMO this would indicate that something is very seriously wrong with the physics of the game. Like for example in Grid Autosport, where pad drivers get extra grip, to compensate for the less precision, so in it yes, pad users are always first in the leaderboards. I assume the same happens also in GT, Forza etc, although I have never played those games.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cluck

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    I own an Oculus, and let me tell you that with the current FOV (110) you are not getting an accurate feeling of speed and the track feels compressed. You're not really getting an advantage with current VR headsets. It's rather for the immersion, not for having a competitive edge.
    Let me tell you that yes, you absolutely DO get an accurate feeling of speed. Having driven Brands Hatch, Snetterton, Donington, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park and Castle Combe in my time I can tell you that driving on a racetrack feels glacially slow at times (never more so than Silverstone) and the Rift recreates that very well. Race tracks are wide, wider than any normal UK road (motorways excepted), and then you have grass/gravel beyond the track and then you get the barriers and finally maybe some track furniture or trees behind those barriers. All those objects are a long way back from your peripheral vision, giving you precious little visual clue as to your actual speed. 140+mph down hangar straight at Silverstone was the most boring experience I've encountered on a race track, it felt like I was doing 50 or 60mph.

All of which is waaaaaaaaaay off topic, sorry mods.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cpcdem, GrimeyDog, Konan, Maskmagog

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    That's very far from being true, it's quite the opposite in PCARS2 and any other sim. I have absolutely nothing against people using a controller or keyboard, but if (most of) the fastest times were done using a pad, IMO this would indicate that something is very seriously wrong with the physics of the game. Like for example in Grid Autosport, where pad drivers get extra grip, to compensate for the less precision, so in it yes, pad users are always first in the leaderboards. I assume the same happens also in GT, Forza etc, although I have never played those games.
    Just to back this up - the fastest controller times in these 4 qualifiers were mostly 2-3 seconds off the ultimate pace, with the only exception being at Oulton where yours truly* (yeah, sound of own trumpet being blown ) got within 1.7s. That was also the best finishing position for a pad user across the 4 rounds, which was 70th.

*I'm pretty sure I'm not the quickest out there with a pad, but I'd like to think I'm not that far away either
    System: Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070 (laptop) 8GB | 250GB M.2 + 960GB SSD + 2TB HDD| Win10 Home 64bit | Xbox 360 Controller | Oculus Rift CV1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, cpcdem, Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So how about people with steering wheels actually being at a disadvantage due to the instant steering response (therefore instant countersteer) on controllers.
    With all due respect, this is absolute rubbish. You shouldn't be counter steering, if you are counter steering then you are losing time.

Platform
    PC
    Well, tomorrow is the Shootout race for the amateurs. I finaly was convoked as reserve. No much time to practice because received confirmation yesterday, but hope that nobody who deserve fails.

The shootout race is in Algarve, that for what little I've tried, will be a troubled track with this car (extreme tyre overheating).

The times are close, but some of the fastest didn't score times in TT, probably to hide his performance. http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=3019822479

The race starts at 20:00 (I think it's GMT, so 21:00 for most european contries) but don't know if will be streamed. If some player is going to broadcast, please link your channel to follow you.
    Last edited by Asturbo; Today at 11:45.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Official SMS Esports
    Platform
    PC
    The race will be live tomorrow evening at 20:00 GMT (UK) on the AOR YouTube Channel. Subscribe over there to get ready

We'll post on our social pages when we go live too, via...
    https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame
    https://facebook.com/projectcarsgame
    ---------------------
    Project CARS Esports Staff
    projectcarsesports.com
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cluck, Konan, Maskmagog