Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED]New PC 4 times faster but worse than my old PC

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

[SOLVED]New PC 4 times faster but worse than my old PC

****For some strange reason, I was running Windows To Go!! Reinstalled Win10 and she's running beautifully****

So I ended up buying a new PC because for a few months my PC couldn't handlw playing PCars2 I was getting low frame rates and constant freezes, even why the game loads and the opening movie plays.
    I've upgraded my bedroom PC which was much more capable and still have the same problem.

AMD FX 8350 8 Cores @ 4GHz
    32GB RAM
    1TB SSD
    GTX 1080

All game settings are at low.

If I play in Oculus/Steam VR or without I get the same problem.
    I just did a reinstall of the game and it didn't help at all.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Laserbeak43; 24-03-2019 at 23:14.
    PSN Laserbeak43
    Steam Laserbeak43

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeak43 View Post
    So I ended up buying a new PC because for a few months my PC couldn't hand playing PCars2 I was getting low frame rates and constant freezes, even why the game loads and the opening movie plays.
    I've upgraded my bedroom PC which was much more capable and still have the same problem.

32GB RAM
    1TB SSD
    GTX 1080

Any suggestions?
    So, if I am reading correctly, you were getting freezing and low frames just in the menus/movie on the old PC and its happening with the new one as well? What happens in game, what kind of FPS are you getting?

Does the game play OK on a monitor?

Have you read the setup guide for VR?

Are you running the same cables from the old computer? HDMI, USB for tracking sensor etc? How many tracking sensors are you using? Are you using any extensions? I was running USB and HDMI extensions on my setup and I was getting some VR tracking issues because of it which was causing what seemed like "low frame rate" but it was actually a sensor tracking problem. I also had an issue with my wireless mouse/keyboard interfering with the signal intermittently. I was running all of my USB stuff off the motherboard. Mouse/Keyboard, Rift, Tracking sensors and wheel. I believe it was a USB overload issue as my Oculus stuff would intermittently show it was only a USB 2.0 connection when everything was connected to USB 3.0 ports. I switched to a PCI USB card and all of my problems went away with stutters etc
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PC
    So I ended up buying a new PC because for a few months my PC couldn't hand playing PCars2 I was getting low frame rates and constant freezes, even why the game loads and the opening movie plays.

32GB RAM
    1TB SSD
    GTX 1080

Any suggestions?
    Hey, you can look it up for yourself at Game Debate but it looks like your CPU isn't any good for PCars 2.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	265182

https://www.game-debate.com/hardware...50&ps3&page=11
    Last edited by blinkngone; 02-03-2019 at 15:22.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just put everything on Ultra with no VR and I got no lag/drop in framerates

Name:	pcars.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	265183

Going to go through the VR recommended settings again and see.
    PSN Laserbeak43
    Steam Laserbeak43

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    So, if I am reading correctly, you were getting freezing and low frames just in the menus/movie on the old PC and its happening with the new one as well? What happens in game, what kind of FPS are you getting?

Does the game play OK on a monitor?
    Seems to be ok on ultra with a monitor. Wasn't that way earlier

Have you read the setup guide for VR?
    I've done it before, over a year ago and had no problems. (well nowhere near the problems I have now)

Are you running the same cables from the old computer? HDMI, USB for tracking sensor etc? How many tracking sensors are you using? Are you using any extensions? I was running USB and HDMI extensions on my setup and I was getting some VR tracking issues because of it which was causing what seemed like "low frame rate" but it was actually a sensor tracking problem. I also had an issue with my wireless mouse/keyboard interfering with the signal intermittently. I was running all of my USB stuff off the motherboard. Mouse/Keyboard, Rift, Tracking sensors and wheel. I believe it was a USB overload issue as my Oculus stuff would intermittently show it was only a USB 2.0 connection when everything was connected to USB 3.0 ports. I switched to a PCI USB card and all of my problems went away with stutters etc
    I switched from VIVE to Rift for my rig for comfort when I switched PCs, but I know the Rift will give you performance problems I am using a separate USB 3.0 card for my sensors and headset.
    PSN Laserbeak43
    Steam Laserbeak43

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hey, you can look it up for yourself at Game Debate but it looks like your CPU isn't any good for PCars 2.

Name:	index.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	265182

https://www.game-debate.com/hardware...50&ps3&page=11
    Even though that can be complete right, I don't believe it's so accurate...
    I had a power issue and swapped the CPU/Mobo of this currently more powerful PC and it's almost the same exact architecture. It has the same socket type CPU and RAM type and when I would occasionally play PCars2 in vr in my bedroom I had no such problems.
    PSN Laserbeak43
    Steam Laserbeak43

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Nothing's really spiking in VR, it's gotta be something else. I didn't figure out what it was on my old system. Never took measurements.
    But now I'm guessing it's my Rift

Name:	oculus.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	265184
    PSN Laserbeak43
    Steam Laserbeak43

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I should also add, I don't have any problems with any other VR game set to ultra
    PSN Laserbeak43
    Steam Laserbeak43

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Nothing's really spiking in VR, it's gotta be something else. I didn't figure out what it was on my old system. Never took measurements.
    But now I'm guessing it's my Rift

Name:	oculus.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	265184
    What kind of FPS are you getting when this happens? Is it holding 90FPS and still stuttering? How many tracking sensors are you using and are you using any extensions?
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

If you had come and asked first, you would have been told to avoid the FX8350
    You would be a lot better off with one of the newest i5s or a Ryzen 5 2600 (or waited a few months for the next version of Ryzen)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content