Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Just got CARS2 on OG Xbox One - Disappointed beyond belief

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I agree, consoles are nice to just sit down on the couch, grab a controller and just play, its very convenient.

PCs obviously a better choice with a higher cost but your limits are endless. But a PC can still be easy to use plus there is a tremendous amount of support on forums, FB pages, Reddit etc if you do get in a jam and need help. So do not let lack of PC knowledge steer you away, people are willing to help, dont be afraid to ask. I have received tons of help on here, Reddit, Toms Hardware, FB sim pages etc with a bunch of questions that I felt were basic, but I just didnt know and I get the help on it.

But with EACH choice upgrades will eventually need to be done. Xbox One has been out nearly 6 years now. People feel they do not need to upgrade to an Xbox One X etc. Then you will have to deal with the quirks of newer games that may not run right on OG systems (PC2 isnt the only one) Just like a PC, in 6 years, you are upgrading, plain and simple if you are trying to stay with the times.

I hear alot of comments "I shouldnt have to buy a $500 console" etc etc. Its been almost 6 years now. Its time. I have posted countless deals for those that did not want to spend that type of money. Some where an X could have been had for around $200 with 2-3 games! I still got slaughtered for it. I tried lol.

After being a HUGE console fanboy, I finally switched to PC and do not regret it. I still play on my console, but all of my sim racing is now done on PC.
    Last edited by Juiced46; 04-07-2019 at 13:00.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    I agree, consoles are nice to just sit down on the couch, grab a controller and just play, its very convenient.

PCs obviously a better choice with a higher cost but your limits are endless. But a PC can still be easy to use plus there is a tremendous amount of support on forums, FB pages, Reddit etc if you do get in a jam and need help. So do not let lack of PC knowledge steer you away, people are willing to help, dont be afraid to ask. I have received tons of help on here, Reddit, Toms Hardware, FB sim pages etc with a bunch of questions that I felt were basic, but I just didnt know and I get the help on it.

But with EACH choice upgrades will eventually need to be done. Xbox One has been out nearly 6 years now. People feel they do not need to upgrade to an Xbox One X etc. Then you will have to deal with the quirks of newer games that may not run right on OG systems (PC2 isnt the only one) Just like a PC, in 6 years, you are upgrading, plain and simple if you are trying to stay with the times.

I hear alot of comments "I shouldnt have to buy a $500 console" etc etc. Its been almost 6 years now. Its time. I have posted countless deals for those that did not want to spend that type of money. Some where an X could have been had for around $200 with 2-3 games! I still got slaughtered for it. I tried lol.

After being a HUGE console fanboy, I finally switched to PC and do not regret it. I still play on my console, but all of my sim racing is now done on PC.
    then why is your platform still xbox1 X if you are PC now?
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    then why is your platform still xbox1 X if you are PC now?
    Because I never bothered changing it....do my replies not matter until its official in my profile? Lol
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PC
    Because I never bothered changing it....do my replies not matter until its official in my profile? Lol
    no i was just curious LOL

that being said when you have problems that being accurate does help people help you more accurately
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibernium View Post
    Well then we can agree to disagree, as those reason to me the paying customer do not make sense.
    They make sense to anyone with any technical knowledge. If you optimized PC2 for such weak consoles you would end up with PC1.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Superkart Pilot

And VR in PC2 is amazing and so indescribably removed from sitting on a couch, watching a big TV and flicking at a game controller to ‘drive’ a car from roof cam.

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul-GTI View Post
    Totally agree with this, I feel like I wasted £60 + the extra £ for the dlc and the game has been shelved, just can't play career mode as the og xbox one can't handle it.
    Private practice the cars handle fantastic, but not in career mode, frame drop, frame freeze but the game continues.
    I've tried deleting the driver, uninstalling and re installing the game and it's still the same I have over 600 starts and only about 50 finishes because of these issues.
    Been like it since day one, and everytime you mention it you get replies saying 'get a one x' ... Rather than fix the actual issue that it is meant for the og one and enhanced the one X, meaning it should play trouble free on the og one.
    I really want to enjoy this game but can't. All I can do is tune and look at the graphics and detail.

Today, 03:40 #127
    Rookie

Platform
    XBOX1
    I agree with both posts. I just picked up PC2 for my recently purchased OG Xbox 1 on eBay for about $15 and dropped another $30 on the season pass to get all the dlcs. If I knew I would get crappy 30 fps replays, un drivable cars in career mode and small fields in races I would have thought a lot harder about it! A game marketed and sold for Xbox One should work on ALL versions of the platform. Forza 7, in comparison, was fun to play with an engaging career mode. Even though F7 lacked plenty of cars and tracks I wanted, it nonetheless delivered everything it promised. SMS needs to fix these issues IMO. And please don’t tell me to buy an Xbox 1X-if I could afford one I would!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennsported View Post
    Today, 03:40 #127
    Rookie

Platform
    XBOX1
    I agree with both posts. I just picked up PC2 for my recently purchased OG Xbox 1 on eBay for about $15 and dropped another $30 on the season pass to get all the dlcs. If I knew I would get crappy 30 fps replays, un drivable cars in career mode and small fields in races I would have thought a lot harder about it! A game marketed and sold for Xbox One should work on ALL versions of the platform. Forza 7, in comparison, was fun to play with an engaging career mode. Even though F7 lacked plenty of cars and tracks I wanted, it nonetheless delivered everything it promised. SMS needs to fix these issues IMO. And please don’t tell me to buy an Xbox 1X-if I could afford one I would!
    Very simple. Base Xbox One & S cpu & gpu just aren't strong enough to run this game with large grids. No different than lots of games that are coming out at the end of this console cycle. They run worst on base Xbox One consoles. Plenty of digital foundry videos shows this.

PC2 has one build of the game basically. It's performance depends on console or PC its running on.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Bought P Cars 2 on sale for the OG Xbox one last year and found the same issues out lined in this thread, thought I’d load up and see if any patches had helped the performance but by reading here sounds like it hasn’t, this game shouldn’t have been released on the OG if it wasn’t capable of running on the system that it was being sold on, abit shitty that people’s are being told to shelve our another couple hundred quid for a game that shouldn’t run like crap on a system it’s sold on

Platform
    PC
    If Project Cars 2 was only released for Xbox One X, people would have complained still, and there is no way that Microsoft would allow that anyway. Plus there was no way Microsoft would have allowed SMS to release a more basic version for the Xbox One OG, so they would have had to abandon the Xbox platform entirely. Plus let's not forget that testing for the game on console was conducted by a third party that failed to report the issues to SMS and so SMS only knew of the problems after release. So now we just have to make do with the situation we have (which is much better than it was originally was). They have done everything in their power to solve the issue but the simple fact is the OG Xbox one simply is not powerful enough and that's that really.
    Tank's Motorsports and Gaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/Tank621/
    SAVE BELLE VUE STADIUM- https://www.change.org/p/save-belle-vue-stadium
    PC3/R Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: Konan