Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got CARS2 on OG Xbox One - Disappointed beyond belief

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post
    So they advertised a buggy game that only one mode can be played in with any consistent performance? I missed those promotions.

Every other sixty dollar racing game I own has better functionality than PC2... Even PC1. They also all preform consistently in and out of hot lapping. Again I don't care about what they or PC2 don't have. I'm interested in what they don't have that was promised and charged for and subsequently not delivered. PC2 is the only game I have that charged me for functionality I didn't receive. So yeah, I can compare PC2 with those other racers... But it just makes PC2 look even worse.

For example I don't care if a racing game has dynamic weather if it wasn't advertised. But when the game advertises dynamic weather on the Xbox one I expect to be able to use that function. Same goes for a career mode, handling, stability etc.

So can anyone tell me what they call it when things are advertised but not delivered after purchase? Cuz I'm really interested in what terminology to use when asked what I think about SMS.

I'm noticing a lot of excuse making, but no one has yet to answer any of the questions posed. Just run arounds and bringing up the failures of other games as if that matters. So because somewhere sometime a game was bad it's completely excusable that this game is too? Really?
    You do realise that other people can have different ideas and opinions I presume? I am happy to accept you are disappointed but I am very happy and so are many others. I cannot or the life of me understand why you keep labouring your points over and over again. I can accept you are unhappy, can you accept others are happy? It really is ok to just disagree, you won't convince anyone to suddenly hate the game or take up Forza or dirt in preference so why not just enjoy what you do like and let others do the same? Live and let live.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: HockeyNick30

Platform
    PC
    This discussion is going around in circles. At some point, we're going to have to move on from constantly saying 'this is bad' and and 'why can't this be fixed?' and realise that there is nothing left that can be done. Once we have accepted this we can actually look to the future and make sure this doesn't happen again.

You can't fix the past, but we can learn from the past and ensure that the mistakes that have happened do not repeat themselves.
    Video Game Race Car and Track Database- Discord: https://discord.gg/GJxRqc
    Project Cars Revolution Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    So someone offers you a product or a service...you pay them for what they advertised, but you only receive maybe 5% or 6% of the product or service because the person promising to deliver was never skilled enough or never really intended to deliver on their promise, which is no fault of your own.

Out of curiosity what would you call that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    You do realise that other people can have different ideas and opinions I presume? I am happy to accept you are disappointed but I am very happy and so are many others. I cannot or the life of me understand why you keep labouring your points over and over again. I can accept you are unhappy, can you accept others are happy? It really is ok to just disagree, you won't convince anyone to suddenly hate the game or take up Forza or dirt in preference so why not just enjoy what you do like and let others do the same? Live and let live.
    The problem with grrllllaaapimmpp is, he has made multiple posts about issues he had with the game. I have tried and tried to help him in the past. He dodged most all of my questions (trying to help him) and just repeatedly stated, the game is broken. Took NONE of my suggestions or answered my questions at all. The same as he is doing in this thread.

You can call me a PCars2 defender(not you Zaskar, the other guys...) etc whatever. We all know the game is not 100% bug free (no game actually is). But its far from you only got 5-6% of the full game. That is nonsense and an extreme exaggeration. There are fixes and ways around all of the complained about issues. But most just want to complain and bash the game and not TRY to fix it. I tried to help alot of you guys from FFB issues, to stutters, to online issues, to posting when Xs were on sale for great prices etc etc just to continually get bashed and say I am defending Pcars2 and people throwing in my face the game is broken. I dont know what else to say or do. How do you help someone that does not want to be helped??
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 7 users likes this Post: HockeyNick30, JasonSandwich, Konan, Mowzer, nissan4ever, Tank621, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1
    For example I don't care if a racing game has dynamic weather if it wasn't advertised. But when the game advertises dynamic weather on the Xbox one I expect to be able to use that function. Same goes for a career mode, handling, stability etc.
    Wait. What? Have I missed something or just been really lucky with dynamic weather on an OG Xbox One?

Genuinely curious what doesn't work with dynamic weather on your end.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cxMilk View Post
    Wait. What? Have I missed something or just been really lucky with dynamic weather on an OG Xbox One?

Genuinely curious what doesn't work with dynamic weather on your end.
    It's an either or thing. Ai opponents or dynamic weather, i can't have both or physics go out the window.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Really?
    Failures?
    I pointed out features that pCARS 2 has that other titles don't...some have one,some have two but none have all...
    That was s general statement. Not directed at you directly. I definitely coulda made that clearer. My bad.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    How do you help someone that does not want to be helped??
    I've spent much of my career trying to answer this question. If you're not being paid to handle it, set to ignore and don't let it stress you.
    Xbox One X - Thrustmaster TX and T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer Randomizer (thread) - ProjectCALC
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post
    First off, let me highlight some positives and commend the devs on their hard work:

The physics in this game are ridiculously brilliant. Coming from the likes of Dirt Rally and Forza, I was pleased to see the level of detail and nuance in the physics - not to mention the tuning options - I could just play around with tuning setups for hours without a care in the world, seriously!

The car audio - while not as loud and ferocious as CARS1, there certainly are improvements. The tone and character of the respective cars have been captured well - I mean, they actually sound like they're real life counterparts - with the disappointment that FM7 and FM4 have been in terms of sound, CARS2 is a welcome change. Could be better and more high quality with a higher dynamic range and loudness, but I get it.. it has to run on consoles without breaking them! Again, great job on the car audio.

Excellent control on the pad - all it took me was about 20 mins of experimenting and I was driving like a pro on max difficulty/no assists.

Now - what's happening with the graphics in this game? Could you guys really not optimise it properly for OG Xbox users? I hear rave reviews from my One-X, PS4P and PC brethren but why does the OG Xbox version look downright ugly at times? Jaggies and pixelisation on a number of tracks (LB and Monza in particular), low-res shadows, reflections on the car that are animated at what.. 10fps?!

This is the only reason that's breaking the experience for me - with just 12 cars on the grid and spread pretty far out from each other - even 2-3 cars introduces screen tearing and hiccups. Heck, I've noticed many times how i'm the only one crossing the starting grid or exiting the pits, and there's screen tearing.

I wish I could give PCARS2 a chance and that the developers would have done a better job this time around of optimising it on EVERY system properly - but alas, I've parted ways and already applied for a refund. And here I was so excited to get the game that almost ended up purchasing the DE.

The game is solely for One-X and PC users - it should mention that on the cover. on the OG Xbox, graphically the game does not at all do justice to the MS Store trailer where it says "actual ingame footage" and screen shots that look downright stunning. False advertising.

CARS2 can look and move terribly at times - the Xbox One has reasonable power - enough to hold a game like CARS2 at 60 fps - with or without other cars - with/without weather effects. Poor optimisation. Wish I had a One-X or a beefy PC but I shouldn't have to buy a more powerful toy just to experience this game in all its glory.

Frame hiccups and screen tearing are absolutely unacceptable in 2019.

I know you mean well SMS, but sorry - the game is not playable on OG Xbox.
    Totally agree with this, I feel like I wasted 60 + the extra for the dlc and the game has been shelved, just can't play career mode as the og xbox one can't handle it.
    Private practice the cars handle fantastic, but not in career mode, frame drop, frame freeze but the game continues.
    I've tried deleting the driver, uninstalling and re installing the game and it's still the same I have over 600 starts and only about 50 finishes because of these issues.
    Been like it since day one, and everytime you mention it you get replies saying 'get a one x' ... Rather than fix the actual issue that it is meant for the og one and enhanced the one X, meaning it should play trouble free on the og one.
    I really want to enjoy this game but can't. All I can do is tune and look at the graphics and detail.
    The following user likes this Post: grrrillapmp

Platform
    PC
    eventually you all are going to realize that consoles cant keep up with PC in this modern Sim Racing. Its better to just bite the bullet and invest in a pc something that wont go obsolete in a few years. And if you need a better graphics card eventually you can just upgrade it as drivers and such can be updated....That being said to each their own just understand that Your console might not be able to handle a game that a PC has no problem with.
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Its better to just bite the bullet and invest in a pc something that wont go obsolete in a few years.
    Pc's get obsolete as well if you don't keep upgrading them... Exactly the reason why more powerful consoles are created once in a couple of years...
    So the objective stays the same for both: upgrade the system or have the chance not to be able to play some games in future.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621