Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got CARS2 on OG Xbox One - Disappointed beyond belief

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Get into a 20 person battle on PUBG, COD, BF etc and those games will have slow downs too...... The reasons have been explained.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Speed Mcboo, I do feel your pain. Honestly I do not really notice screen tearing or even a lot of stuttering, but I have limited my AI number to 13 for most if not all races now. It is evident that the OG Xbox is considerably less powerful than the base PS4, I can live with that. What I do have issue with is the game as it is on Xbox/S is broken, and there is not much being said about it from the developers, unless I missed it. When the career mode is affected, well the product is not as advertised.

Considering I bought Project Cars 3 times, once for Xbox One, PS4 and PC, I was actually excited for Project Cars 2, I guess I should have bought it for the PC, but prefer to play racing games on the big TV.
    The following user likes this Post: Trippul G

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Get into a 20 person battle on PUBG, COD, BF etc and those games will have slow downs too...... The reasons have been explained.
    And what reason is that? If you are implying it is because the Xbox One/S is too weak, then that is not a valid reason. And while the games you listed have slow down, they are not broken to the point where they are unplayable in campaign modes, for those games that have them, like Project Cars 2 is with career mode on OG Xbox/S and too many AI cars.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibernium View Post
    Speed Mcboo, I do feel your pain. Honestly I do not really notice screen tearing or even a lot of stuttering, but I have limited my AI number to 13 for most if not all races now. It is evident that the OG Xbox is considerably less powerful than the base PS4, I can live with that. What I do have issue with is the game as it is on Xbox/S is broken, and there is not much being said about it from the developers, unless I missed it. When the career mode is affected, well the product is not as advertised.

Considering I bought Project Cars 3 times, once for Xbox One, PS4 and PC, I was actually excited for Project Cars 2, I guess I should have bought it for the PC, but prefer to play racing games on the big TV.
    Hook your PC to your big TV
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibernium View Post
    And what reason is that? If you are implying it is because the Xbox One/S is too weak, then that is not a valid reason. And while the games you listed have slow down, they are not broken to the point where they are unplayable in campaign modes, for those games that have them, like Project Cars 2 is with career mode on OG Xbox/S and too many AI cars.
    All reasons have been explained on Page1 of this thread
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    All reasons have been explained on Page1 of this thread
    Well then we can agree to disagree, as those reason to me the paying customer do not make sense.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I really wish PCARS was an Xbox exclusive - if only. Bet it would have none of these performance issues.

Very well then, back to hotlapping for now.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post
    I really wish PCARS was an Xbox exclusive - if only. Bet it would have none of these performance issues.
    It'd probably be no different than pCars1. All the upgraded tech in pCars2 would likely not exist if such was the case.

What's unfortunate is that Sony and Microsoft decided to do mid-life cycle upgrades, something that had never been done in the past, at least to the degree it was done with the 1X and Pro. This likely forced developers into a tricky situation where they suddenly had more power to work with but due to stipulations had to keep working with the lesser machines as well. Additionally, the upgrades happened shortly after pCars2 dropped, so I wouldn't be surprised if SMS was already working with the 1X and Pro as their primary test consoles. I'm just as peeved as the next OG XB1 user over pCars2's career mode being a nightmare on the OG XB1, but honestly I blame the console makers for this mess. A generational upgrade is one thing, but to have to upgrade a same generation console to a same generation console just to make a game work 100% in all areas of gameplay is BS. If consoles were modular like a PC, whatever, but then we might as well all be using PCs at that point.
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post

Very well then, back to hotlapping for now.
    I would absolutely hate that, and I only play on Xbox.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cxMilk View Post
    It'd probably be no different than pCars1. All the upgraded tech in pCars2 would likely not exist if such was the case.

What's unfortunate is that Sony and Microsoft decided to do mid-life cycle upgrades, something that had never been done in the past, at least to the degree it was done with the 1X and Pro. This likely forced developers into a tricky situation where they suddenly had more power to work with but due to stipulations had to keep working with the lesser machines as well. Additionally, the upgrades happened shortly after pCars2 dropped, so I wouldn't be surprised if SMS was already working with the 1X and Pro as their primary test consoles. I'm just as peeved as the next OG XB1 user over pCars2's career mode being a nightmare on the OG XB1, but honestly I blame the console makers for this mess. A generational upgrade is one thing, but to have to upgrade a same generation console to a same generation console just to make a game work 100% in all areas of gameplay is BS. If consoles were modular like a PC, whatever, but then we might as well all be using PCs at that point.
    Microsoft and Sony tried to give people what they wanted, without having to make us wait years for a new system to come out. Yes, it is not a new generation system but it is still an upgrade. I get people are upset about the original $500 price tag. But for what you get, its well worth it. Some people say "well I do not have a 4K TV so I do not need it" That is so wrong. Even without a 4K TV there are many benefits. 60fps gaming, faster loading, bigger HD, etc etc without even touching the 4K or HDR side of it. If it were a PC a decent graphics card to do 4K would cost you more than that. Not to mention, that you would most likely upgrade your PC more often and for more $$ then it would be to buy a new generation console every 5 or so years when they drop.

With that being said. Xs have come down in price alot. As I have mentioned already. They can be seen as low as $300. I even made a post back before Xmas time. I picked up a One X with Fallout76, Red Dead 2 aned State of Decay for $220 with trading my S in. Before this deal dropped, S trades were going for under $100. A smoking deal and WELL worth the upgrade. Heck, I could have sold the games and got an X for basically free or close to it.

Also, I am just not talking about the benefit is just for Pcars2. Its for all Xbox games, past, present and upcoming. Going to an X will benefit you. I had issues with plenty of popular titles on my S and OG before I got my 2 Xs.

Lets face it. The OG came out over 5 years ago. It was $399 when it first came out. Its time to upgrade, not just for Pcars2, but for everything.

And, if you people think Microsoft or Sony should make this PC killer system for $500, its impossible. Its never going to compete with a PC. Its a tiny PC in a smaller package. That is why its cheaper. I think peoples expectations are not reality sometimes. If you want PC quality, buy a PC. Then $500 will be a joke when 1080tis cost more than that alone.....
    The following 2 users likes this Post: HockeyNick30, nissan4ever