Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy it in 2019?

Platform
    PC
    Don’t forget RaceRoom.. very great FFB and sound.. Although I’m still in love with Pcars. For me the overall winner.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Nulreith, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Buy it, try it, if you don't like it refund it.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    There is a free demo download on Steam iirc.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/b7g9wGf
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    It has a lot of problems, but on the other hand it has such an insane amount of content and features, not to mention it is looking very nice and is probably the most immersive of all. Most of the problems are not game-breaking, just (some of them, VERY) frustrating, game breaking are very few. But the thing is that when it works well, this game is so awesome, that for me at least it is very difficult to go to any other sim. When I try to so, I feel I miss too much (well, not including the bugs ). I still play at least 3-4 hours in PCARS2 every single day for the last 18 months and still not got bored of it...Buy it yesterday my suggestion.
    There's the thing, a game can have faults but it's whether those faults are enough to put you off playing it . For me, pCARS2 still shines as the one game that is better than the sum of its parts, the only one that I really enjoyed racing and driving in. I tried iRacing, AC, ACC, rFactor2 and RRRE and none of them got any more than single-digit hours of playtime (with the exception of iRacing, but that's only because I did a 24-hour race and needed some practice ahead of it - I have only tried it again once since then and still disliked it). Each of the sims does something uniquely better than others and ALL of them have their own faults, quirks and foibles which is why, again, I keep quoting the phrase "pick your poison".

When all is said and done, the only way you will know if you like the game or not is to play it. A thousand people will give you a thousand different opinions, especially when it comes to racing sims because every single one of us* is the last word when to comes to FFB, physics and audio

* yes, me aswell
    Last edited by cluck; 08-04-2019 at 10:17. Reason: corrected a typo
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Charger, chastewand, Konan, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    There's the thing, a game can have faults but it's whether those faults are enough to put you off playing it . For me, pCARS2 still shines as the one game that is better than the sum of its parts, the only one that I really enjoyed racing and driving in. I tried iRacing, AC, ACC, rFactor2 and RRRE and none of them got any more than single-digit hours of playtime (with the exception of iRacing, but that's only because I did a 24-hour race and needed some practice ahead of it - I have only tried it again once since then and still disliked it). Each of the sims does something uniquely better than others and ALL of them have their own faults, quirks and foibles which is why, again, I keep quoting the phrase "pick your poison".

When all is said and done, the only way you will know if you like the game or not is to play it. A thousand people will give you a thousand different opinions, especially when it comes to racing sims because every single one of us* in the last word when to comes to FFB, physics and audio

* yes, me aswell
    Completely agree with cluck here, even though the game has it's bugs, it an AMAZING experience, the game as a whole is well done IMHO, great graphics, immersion, physics, etc. Even though the online scene is dieing down, I have so much content that I could literally spend probably 2 years analyzing all the cars in terms of setup, etc and still have plenty to do.
    RacingSimTools.com : Owner
    PC2Tuner, Car Tuning Software - https://www.racingsimtools.com/product-page/pc2tuner
    Tuning Discord :https://discord.gg/w2MeTey
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    I've been playing it least once a week since day one (Sept 22 '17).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I wholeheartedly recommend it as a long time fan and user of AC. There is just a lot more racing to be had here. Just make sure to check the custom ffb files if you find the ffb lacking. For me it was the game changer. There are some experences here that you won't have in any other game. Sure it has its flaws but damn is it engaging. This game is turning into my favourite sim racing title really fast now that I found some FFB to my liking. Further, the difference in physics between AC and ACC for me was like turning AC more into project cars.

As a bonus you have what is arguably some of the best cars in sim racing, the Indy car and the lmp2.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Yeah, I agree, it's just that IMO the problems (bugs and IMO weird design choices) of PCARS2 are simply frustrating. While usually the game is so awesome, it has several things that plainly frustrate you and/or others you play with, if you are doing online especially. I've also played about 100 hours AC and RRE and much less with the other sims, and in none of them I could get ever frustrated really. But, especially after having played PCARS2, I feel they are just lacking so much and they feel so empty, dull and even ugly almost compared with PCARS2... So yeah, I put up with the frustrating aspects of PCARS2, because it is so damn awesome otherwise, but really, there shouldn't be so many problems IMO, 18 months after its release.

Platform
    PC
    Project Cars 2 on PC all the way.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    My PC System is much to weak for Project Cars 2 (i5-750-2,67Ghz, Radeon HD5770), I play PC 1 and still love it. If there would be a PC 2 GOTY physical edition for PS4, i would buy it immediately. Please give us a chance!
    Greetings