Thread: No video!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

No video!

Hi there. I love to sim drive, and I really like Project Cars, but I have had a terrible time with it. First off, let me explain that I am a sim driver, not a techie person. I've had to learn some tech in order to race, but I'm pretty weak technically. While I have no problems with Assetto Corsa, GTR2, F1 2017, Competizione, I only seem to be able to get Project C
    ars to work, like 1 time out of a hundred launches. Seriously frustrating.
    I launch Project Cars, I get a brief flash of Slightly Mad's logo, and pffffft….. back to desktop, or Steam page. If I go down to the taskbar and click on the Project Cars icon, I can hear the audio of the game intro, but no video. When I close the game, again, I get a quick flash of video, and then nada.
    Since I don't have problems with my other Steam racing sims, I have cleverly deduced that it is something to do with Project Cars. I have checked the integrity of my local game files; I went so far as to delete and completely reinstall the game.
    Now, I am running a pair of gtx 780s in sli, with a Predator x34 with a resolution of 3440x1440, via DP, and I am using G-sync.
    I strongly suspect that somewhere I have inadvertently screwed up some setting or another, or perhaps it is a launch setting, I really don't know.
    I know racing drivers aren't supposed to cry ( well, unless you are Vettel) but I am close to tears. I don't want to waste hours problem solving this issue, I want to waste hours sim driving!
    I suspect my description of the problem leaves much to be desired, but does anybody have any ideas? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    missyD

Platform
    PC
    Try deleting your graphicsconfig XML file in My Documents folder (not sure exact name). Or rename the Project CARS folder.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 15-03-2019 at 20:05.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the suggestion Asturbo, but it made no difference.

Platform
    PC
    First try updating nVida drivers and use the option "clean install".

It looks for me that the computer is sending the video signal to another output different to the one you're using (I've read you are using SLI). With the audio of the game in background, try connecting the monitor to other connectors (including other card).

If doen't work try disabling SLI or disconecting the second card and try with only one to see what happens.

Other option is that the GPU is sending the video signal at more Hz your monitor can deliver, but deleting the XML should fix that. Try forcing your monitor at 60hz in the nVidia panel.

The last thing that comes to mind is disconecting th DP and using an HDMI cable. It's worse than DP, but probably forces the signal to 60hz, to see what happens.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 16-03-2019 at 08:33.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks, but no joy. I truly wonder why only this game gives me trouble......

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Is it possible that I have a bad launch command in Steam? This is so frustrating, I am almost ready to give up on this game, and that would be so very sad....

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by missyD View Post
    Is it possible that I have a bad launch command in Steam? This is so frustrating, I am almost ready to give up on this game, and that would be so very sad....
    Turn off Steam Cloud synchronisation for the game first, THEN delete the graphicsconfig XML file and retry please.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Mad Al