Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overheating tires. General tipps?

Platform
    PC
    Yeah I don't know if that's a good idea myself. It would seem using the softer springs on the lefts would not be good for the high load right hand corner before the start/finish straight. I can't find that he's running his springs at the other tracks this way.

The only track I run asymmetric springs at is Daytona Tri-Oval and the other ovals. That track is only high load lefts and the cars need stiffer right side springs. Indy doesn't need as exaggerated a difference and Texas either but at those tracks as well it's stiffer outside springs. At Monza Vintage I don't run the springs different with the Saubers.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 22-03-2019 at 19:51.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Quick question: Are you running asymmetric springs on purpose?
    Ooops, didnt even notice that. Tx for the hint.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    OK, did some testing yesterday with the fixed springs and my "fast setup." I've changed the right springs to the same value as the left springs, and was able to drive nearly the same time again, I was only a tenth slower. Tires were able to last three laps before the overheating started.

But I dont think the (wrongly installed) springs were the issue, the solution is increasing the rear aero. I've changed the rear wing to 7, which reduced slipping at this last right hander. There is still some slipping present, so I'll test tomorrow with even more rear wing.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing4Life View Post
    OK, did some testing yesterday with the fixed springs and my "fast setup." I've changed the right springs to the same value as the left springs, and was able to drive nearly the same time again, I was only a tenth slower. Tires were able to last three laps before the overheating started.

But I dont think the (wrongly installed) springs were the issue, the solution is increasing the rear aero. I've changed the rear wing to 7, which reduced slipping at this last right hander. There is still some slipping present, so I'll test tomorrow with even more rear wing.
    Well, then moving the weight forward probably wasn't the best idea since now you are adding rear wing.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Well, then moving the weight forward probably wasn't the best idea since now you are adding rear wing.
    No, it was a good idea because it moved the cg position closer to the front wheels which results in less lateral load transfer at the rear.
    Aero load on the other hand doesn't have a lateral component which could overload the tires.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PC
    OK

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    I've changed my "fast setup", so I went back to 50/50! Moving the weight to the front decreased the rear tire temperature a little bit, but I was roundabout five tenths slower per lap. So its time to compromise. But adding more rear aero helped due to reduced slipping.

But the last word isnt spoken yet.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by VivanRadector View Post
    You can use cooling water spray system for tires. This system regularly sprays water so that the wheels are continuously cooled. In addition, you need the standard right-pressure tire pump and let the car rest if running long distance
    Im so confused

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    I’m so confused
    Something tells me there's a bot among us

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by VivanRadector View Post
    You can use cooling water spray system for tires. This system regularly sprays water so that the wheels are continuously cooled. In addition, you need the standard right-pressure tire pump and let the car rest if running long distance
    Water spray system. Sure. xD Why do polar bears not eat penguins?