Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: What do you absolutely not want to see in project Cars 3?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    It's probably been said already but I'm short on time ATM so I cannot read everything right now, but even though those cameras are more or less where the driver's eyes are, they do not show at all what a driver sees, simply because a single-lens action camera creates a very different image than your eyes and brain do.
    Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I'm not saying those onboard videos show exactly what the driver sees through his eyes. I just wanted to show how low the driver's position and how far behind the A-pillars the seat actually is. Hood cam certainly does not represent the image your eyes and brain create. As I said earlier, A-pillars, dashboard, thick roll cages etc. are there. Drivers might concentrate on the road and temporarily ignore them, that's why I think dashcam or a tiny bit behind dashcam is most accurate.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 12-08-2019 at 15:14.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    At least in my bubbles people most commonly agree that (1) cockpit view supplemented with virtual mirror (for monitor users) and indicator apps such as helicorsa for AC or PC2's indicators is a better solution to visibility limitations than (2) chase or hood view.
    The argument goes that both solutions use unrealistic means to provide information about cars behind you and on the sides, so no clear winner here. But when it comes to cars in front of you, and perception of your car movement relative to the track, (1) is far mor realistic than (2).
    For me personally helicorsa is a lot more distracting than the arrows. I have to look at the helicorsa display to see where cara are while I can just use peripheral vision for the arrows...

And for the dash view to be(3D in 2D) realistic at least the outerparts should be see through. Unless you are simulating a one-eyed driver that is...
    Last edited by MaximusN; 13-08-2019 at 10:19.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    The advantage of helicorsa is that you know when you have surpassed a car and you can return safely to the race line. With the arrows it's not easy because it's more subjective.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    One advantage of roof or hood view no one has mentioned is judging track limits. As we all know, PC2 has perhaps the tightest track limits of the current crop of sims. If the centre of your car goes over the edge of a curb you have a good chance of getting a cut track warning. With roof and hood view being positioned on the centre of the car it makes judging track limits easier than when you drive in a left or right hand drive car in cockpit view.
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1
    That's another argument why hood cam is not the closest view to RL: The centre position. As far as I know there's only one car in PC2 with a centre driver's position.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 13-08-2019 at 20:49.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    That's another argument why hood cam is not the closest to RL view: The centre position. As far as I know there's only one car in PC2 with a centre driver position.
    I am pretty sure there is more: there are at least 4 modern open seaters, then a bunch of historic formula cars, then karts, Indycar, and maybe more.

But your pint is valid

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Cars facing the wrong way at Kesselchen (The fast part before the carousel on the Nords) without a flag being shown , Cost me a decent finish after an hours driving . Fuming

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    - disqualified for the next lap when you make a mistake in S3 (should be the last curve only)
    - unable to join a session when less than 4 minutes left
    - have to give your positon back when you avoid a crash
    - game stuck between qualif and race
    - curbs killer, especially with low powered cars like Ginetta g50 !

This would be a good start
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bliman, cpcdem, RacingAtHome

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    And also do not sell legal cheats like the Japanese cars bonus pack, including the skyline GT-R R 32 group A, the best way to kill gr A races.
    Last edited by nono782; 17-08-2019 at 21:59.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nono782 View Post
    And also do not sell legal cheats like the Japanese cars bonus pack, including the skyline GT-R R 32 group A, the best way to kill gr A races.
    So do all DLC cars have to be slower than all the others cars in the same class?
    SAVE BELLE VUE STADIUM- https://www.change.org/p/save-belle-vue-stadium
    PC3/R Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: Konan