Thread: Public lobbies unplayable when over 10 or 12 players in the lobby

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Public lobbies unplayable when over 10 or 12 players in the lobby

Before i start this is a really old issue and i know People hate seeing posts like this but anyway.

Ive had project 2 pretty much since launch and i love the game but SMS what the Hell are you playing at putting a patch in the game which you Will never ever fix now that your working on pcars3 that completly ruins the handling of cars once there is over a certain amount of players in a lobby.

I know this only happens to a very small number of players but can you imagine how frustrating it is Have a car that is performing awesome and you put it on pole or top 3 in quali only to have your race ruined before it even starts cause your car magicly has no grip anymore and spins out every time you attempt to turn the wheel and sometimes on the straights and no matter what you do once its done this your only Option is to leave the lobby and try and find a lobby With 10 or less players in it.

It ruins the whole spirit of the game if your unable to race against a full grid of cars becuase of a problem that in essence should be and easy fix.

Basically yea i am just having a rant at SMS but its cause you create a game that for when it Works its an absolute masterpiece but its disgraceful that you can let such a great game be hampered by such a Stupid glitch that completely ruins any chance for the players that get this problem to enjoy having a decent race on a race game.

Get your act together for project 3 and realise that Stupid little problems can have a massive impact on playing the game if they are just ignored and not fixed cause your too concerned with making fixes to the career mode which is most likely the least used part of the game .
    Last edited by HyperDragonlord; 27-03-2019 at 22:06.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Although this topic has been beaten to death

Easiest solution, its not what everyone wants to hear but, buy an Xbox One X /End discussion.

Its not a simple fix and the game is not getting patched anymore.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PC
    Or get a PC ;-)
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/b7g9wGf
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Buying an XBox X tomorrow and granted i know it would'nt be an easy fix even if they tried cause something else would likely break anyway.

Been putting up with the problem for god knows how long and Got a little too angry with it last night and ended up having a rant lol

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Or get a PC ;-)
    Well, this problem happens occasionally on a PC too. So its not an exclusive problem of the console guys. Imho, and this is just my personal opinion without proof, the problem lies somewhere in Livetrack.

I had this problem myself a couple of times. Either you start on a set of tires, which isnt working at all, and its solved by pitting and changing tires, or you pit for your second set of tires, and they arent working anymore. Solution, pit again. But those really arent solutions, just race destroying workarounds. The MP had and has so many issues, laying the game to rest without fixing them, was a very bad move. Again, my personal opinion.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    The reason you see this across all platforms, is Listen Server vs Dedicated Server. When someone hosts a session, they are starting a listen server, unless pCars/pCars˛ is configured to connect to a dedicated server and be the session host. A Listen Server is a session where the game is serving and running the client as well. The dedicated server is only serving, not running a client at the same time. Its fairly easy to over work a listen server, by simply having too many connections.
    Game-Rig: Intel i7 4770S | eVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix | Asus Z87-A | BenQ Zowie XL2730 | Microsoft Windows 10 | Logitech z5500 5.1 Digital | Thrustmaster TS-PC | Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro | Thrustmaster TH8A | Natural Point Track IR 4 | Playseats Evolution
    Server: Intel L5639 Xeon | Asus P6T | 12GB Corsair Vengeance | 128GB Crucial SSD | CentOS 7.4 | Linux Kernel 4.14 | pCars˛ Dedicated Server: Beale St. Blues | Steam: Visceral_Syn

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral_Syn View Post
    The reason you see this across all platforms, is Listen Server vs Dedicated Server. When someone hosts a session, they are starting a listen server, unless pCars/pCars˛ is configured to connect to a dedicated server and be the session host. A Listen Server is a session where the game is serving and running the client as well. The dedicated server is only serving, not running a client at the same time. Its fairly easy to over work a listen server, by simply having too many connections.
    No it does happen on DS as well as it is not a true DS but a hybrid.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/b7g9wGf
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've rented a server a year ago, just to have a fast server for the DS of pCARS2. So all the races I participate run on a DS. And all MP-related issues exist on a DS as well, some can be solved by workarounds (e.g. DQ after the end of qualification), some exists on a DS only (e.g. progress warning), and some dun care if its a DS or a P2P session, they just exist, like massive disconnects in the middle of a race or the Icebug of this topic.