Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One-X is heeeerree!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Also, here is an article about loading time comparison from the S to an X

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-loading-times
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Ok, I am going to be blunt here and please do not take offense. But YES, you are overthinking things. You were making comments worried about the box the console came in, etc etc. Calm down. Play your games and enjoy them.

The X is an improvement over the OG. That is a 100% fact. You will not get INSTANT loading. Yes the X is faster, but not instant, but still faster than the OG, but you will still have to wait. Maybe you set your expectations too high? Even PCs have load times. I am just not sure what you were expecting there.

The menu actss basically the same as the OG, you will not see a significant improvement there, do not worry about it. Like mentioned, if you want it to be quicker, do as Cholton mentioned.

Enjoy your PCars2 now that you can play it properly and enjoy your other games. Set Pcars2 to your visual liking and FM to framerate mode.

BTW this is the internal HDD on the X https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Lapto.../dp/B01C4W29XC It is indeed 5400rpm
    No offense taken.

There's no framerate mode in FM - I think you're mixing it up with FH.

I think i had my expectations too high - "world's most powerful console all that"... mehh! The upgrade though - 100% worth it. PCARS2 is such a masterpiece.

Also, here is an article about loading time comparison from the S to an X

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-loading-times
    Oh thanks, I've already read this one.

However, I'm calling "balls" on the FM7 loading times - they are the same on the X (internal or external) as they were on my OG box (internal or external).
    Last edited by Speedy Mcboo; 04-04-2019 at 12:54.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post
    No offense taken.

There's no framerate mode in FM - I think you're mixing it up with FH.

I think i had my expectations too high - "world's most powerful console all that"... mehh! The upgrade though - 100% worth it. PCARS2 is such a masterpiece.

Oh thanks, I've already read this one.

However, I'm calling "balls" on the FM7 loading times - they are the same on the X (internal or external) as they were on my OG box (internal or external).
    Did you actually do your own test and time it? You are talking a range of a 11-15sec difference between the 2 consoles for FM7. That is not alot to notice when you are just sitting there waiting for it to load. Its not like its GTA where loading time got cut in HALF from 100secs to 50. It may not be "noticeable" in your brain by waiting. But if you timed it I bet you would come up with similar results to the test.

Again, I am not sure what you are expecting, the X isnt a miracle worker for super fast loading times. That is just not going to happen, its not a high end PC
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Get yourself some Sim Racing Gloves, by the time you have clicked the button to load the race, and put your gloves on, it will have loaded :-)
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Did you actually do your own test and time it? You are talking a range of a 11-15sec difference between the 2 consoles for FM7. That is not alot to notice when you are just sitting there waiting for it to load. Its not like its GTA where loading time got cut in HALF from 100secs to 50. It may not be "noticeable" in your brain by waiting. But if you timed it I bet you would come up with similar results to the test.

Again, I am not sure what you are expecting, the X isnt a miracle worker for super fast loading times. That is just not going to happen, its not a high end PC
    I did not, no - and I know what you'r getting at. I think I'd have to load the game side-by-side on each console to actually see a difference.

Yep, it's not a miracle worker, ain't no high-end PC higher. Was just expecting better loading performance for me money, that's all.

UI is still suspiciously slow and laggy, compared to original xbox one - the UI nav on that is seamless and almost instant, I can't understand why. I have tried disabling 'smooth transitions' as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    Get yourself some Sim Racing Gloves, by the time you have clicked the button to load the race, and put your gloves on, it will have loaded :-)
    baahahah, that is a good one!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You can use a stop watch to time it, most cell phones today have them built into them if you really wanted to test it..... But the article I linked is pretty accurate so no need to waste time. Just enjoy the system.

There are 2 things that will affect the UI. Disabling smooth transitions and setting the video setting to 4K UHD. If the video setting is on 4K UHD it will slow menus down. Setting it to 1080p speeds it up and the system still will switch automatically to 4K when a 4K game is played. HOWEVER in your case, your video setting is forced to 1080p since you do not have a 4K TV so that point is a non issue in your case. The UI should not be slow. I have 2 Xs and both are smooth and quick.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You can use a stop watch to time it, most cell phones today have them built into them if you really wanted to test it..... But the article I linked is pretty accurate so no need to waste time. Just enjoy the system.

There are 2 things that will affect the UI. Disabling smooth transitions and setting the video setting to 4K UHD. If the video setting is on 4K UHD it will slow menus down. Setting it to 1080p speeds it up and the system still will switch automatically to 4K when a 4K game is played. HOWEVER in your case, your video setting is forced to 1080p since you do not have a 4K TV so that point is a non issue in your case. The UI should not be slow. I have 2 Xs and both are smooth and quick.
    Well, that's weird then. The UI just feels slow and laggy on my X compared to the OG console, although it is fine on its own. I also noticed this strange thing the other day where border colour around my apps and games as well as the main colour for the default system apps goes to green - even though I've selected my profile colour as orange. Don't you find that odd? Shouldn't it just be orange as it was with the OG xbox because I imported my settings from that one when I fired the X for the first time. So for instance, when browsing around in games and apps, system apps like Avatar, Settings, Xbox Assist, etc. should be in orange, but it often alternates between green and orange. Don't know why though, never noticed this behaviour on my OG when I had just the internal and when I later hooked up the external.

I already have smooth transitions off.

BTW, console gave me a good scare yesterday - had left it idle for a while... came back and the screen had shrunk to 640x480! There was literally no other resolution option in the settings. It wasn't until I switched form "auto detect" to "HDMI" that I got 1080p back. That was a close one... nearly fainted, lol!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have no lag in my Ui either it’s seemless .

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    I have no lag in my Ui either it’s seemless .
    Could the external be causing this? Or my internet connection?

Doubt it because it's 15mb down, between 5.5-6.5mb up. Although I should mention that my ISP was providing up to 7-7.5mb on upload when I had the standard One. Not sure if that's the reason the UI doesn't seem as responsive and seamless.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The ui changes colour if you are not logged when the xblive is not conected due to internet stuff.
    This thread is turning into a comedy classic.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com