Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Momentary Hang

Platform
    PC

Momentary Hang

Driving around for a few minutes and I get these hangs, they last for about a second and then the game catches up:
    https://youtu.be/EfYxL412giA

Windows 10 64bit
    i7 7700K
    1060 6GB (The old one)
    16 gigs of RAM
    Malwarebytes and Windows built in

Let me know if there's any more information you need.
    Last edited by Phos; 08-04-2019 at 23:38.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Phos View Post
    Driving around for a few minutes and I get these hangs, they last for about a second and then the game catches up:
    https://youtu.be/EfYxL412giA

Windows 10 64bit
    i7 7700K
    1060 6GB (The old one)
    16 gigs of RAM
    Malwarebytes and Windows built in

Let me know if there's any more information you need.
    I had those too - in my case, one of the two RAM was broken. When I replaced them, these hiccups were gone.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    I had that happen once on Nurburgring Combined, lasting for a whole race. Next day it was gone.

Do you have that all the time on all tracks and all cars, no matter what?
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    The question is indeed whether this happens regularly, and if yes always on the same track and/or position of a track. If not you may want to look into background applications, Windows updating, HDD activity, monitor CPU load when playing to see if there are any spikes when it occurs.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    I had that happen once on Nurburgring Combined, lasting for a whole race. Next day it was gone.

Do you have that all the time on all tracks and all cars, no matter what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    The question is indeed whether this happens regularly, and if yes always on the same track and/or position of a track. If not you may want to look into background applications, Windows updating, HDD activity, monitor CPU load when playing to see if there are any spikes when it occurs.
    Every car/track combo I've run for long enough has had them.

I'm not getting these hitches from any other games, I stopped my carbonite service, exited discord, and I still got em. This is the only game in recent memory that's done this. I'll figure out a RAM test but I haven't seen anything else to make me think there's anything wrong with the RAM.

Platform
    PC

I'm not getting these hitches from any other games, I stopped my carbonite service, exited discord, and I still got em. This is the only game in recent memory that's done this. I'll figure out a RAM test but I haven't seen anything else to make me think there's anything wrong with the RAM.
    Neither was I. It was only Pcars which pushed my RAM far enough to make the error become visible. Until I did a full RAM stress test, where one module constantly failed.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    Memtest86 got through a full circuit with zero errors, by default it wants to run all the tests four times but that seemed excessive, it had already run for 40 minutes.

Platform
    PC
    So it's something generic. Have you tried changing graphics details settings to see if that changes anything?

I'm not getting these hitches from any other games,
    We know from experience that the pCARS games are a separate class when it comes to stressing out a system. We've seen many times "other games have no problems", but in the end it turned out to be a system issue after all, which only pCARS brought to light.
    Since you're basically the only person complaining about this right now, it's definitely not a generic issue so I think it's a safe bet it is something local.

I stopped my carbonite service, exited discord, and I still got em. This is the only game in recent memory that's done this. I'll figure out a RAM test but I haven't seen anything else to make me think there's anything wrong with the RAM.
    What other applications run in the background? What controller are you using? How is it connected (USB2.0/3.0)?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Platform
    PC
    Huh, so it's not a common issue? Interesting, is this little flicker that I get going around COTA common?

And in slow motion:

Still working on disabling things, was worried it would be the X-Fi that I still manage to use but disabling it didn't stop the hitches.

Platform
    PC
    The momentary hanging is definitely not common, at least going by how many people complain about it here. It has been mentioned a few times by different people in the past, also during development, but that usually had to do with track detail and/or non-optimized states of tracks.

What is important information, is whether it always happens on the same spot on a track or not. However, since you're saying that it only starts happening after a while, I'm guessing that something in your system starts bottlenecking, and either your CPU needs to catch up or there is some HDD activity that interferes.

The flickering is a texture thing (assuming that it's reproducible), which may be related to the track detail setting (and would be a bug then).