Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few 'issues' worth discussing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

A few 'issues' worth discussing

Bit of a noob question - is there a reason the LaFerrari and FXX-K have their rear fins and spoiler move everytime you turn? I haven't seen them do this in any other sim or actual car reviews/road test vids for that matter.

Also, I've tried experimenting with varying volume levels - it seems the only way to reduce that annoying "thud" sound while shifting is to lower the actual engine volume. Road cars should not have this - GT cars and some race/track only cars do.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post
    Bit of a noob question - is there a reason the LaFerrari and FXX-K have their rear fins and spoiler move everytime you turn? I haven't seen them do this in any other sim or actual car reviews/road test vids for that matter.

Also, I've tried experimenting with varying volume levels - it seems the only way to reduce that annoying "thud" sound while shifting is to lower the actual engine volume. Road cars should not have this - GT cars and some race/track only cars do.
    Hey, the spoilers move up and down on these cars under braking or when the computer senses lateral G loads while turning. The only other moving parts from the chase cam view is the diffuser on the La Ferrari which moves with the spoiler. The FXX-K upright "Fins" are fixed, part of the bodywork.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    What road cars have this thud you speak of? It was explained in your other thread also how to fix this.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Mowzer, nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    What road cars have this thud you speak of? It was explained in your other thread also how to fix this.
    The socalled fixes are experimenting with the volume sliders - the only way to lower the thud sound is by lowering the engine volume itself. It's a loud thud - the kind you hear in race cars, GT cars and F1 cars. Nice effect, but why do road cars like the Aventador or LaF have it?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    .....because those cars thud in real life. Heck my DCT F80 M3 does as well. Turn the bass down if its that bothersome
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    So much nit picking on a game that has received all the patches its going to get. Why can't this person just give it a rest? Geez.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    So much nit picking on a game that has received all the patches its going to get. Why can't this person just give it a rest? Geez.
    BCuZ iTz A gAmE brEAkinG bUg!..........and it doesnt happen in that Forza sim

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    BCuZ iTz A gAmE brEAkinG bUg!..........and it doesnt happen in that Forza sim
    Ha ha ha ha ha
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    Maybe because they're not 100% satisfied with the game they've got? No, the game isn't going to get any more patches but that shouldn't prevent somebody here expressing a frustration they have. After all, if nobody complains about something, everything must be perfect, right?

People registering their complaints have as much right to do so as those complaining about the complainers
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Robhd

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Maybe because they're not 100% satisfied with the game they've got? No, the game isn't going to get any more patches but that shouldn't prevent somebody here expressing a frustration they have. After all, if nobody complains about something, everything must be perfect, right?

People registering their complaints have as much right to do so as those complaining about the complainers
    You are right, he has every right to complain. However, being not 100% satisfied with the game versus just not knowing how some things work are 2 totally different things. The title of this thread is "A few issues worth discussing"

1st "issue" is the spoilers on a car how they move. Not an issue- its working as designed.

2nd issue-thud when shifting- Not an issue-its working as designed. Not only that. In another thread it was already explained how to adjust the sound settings to lower that thud sound. So what do we do? Make another thread about issues that are not issues. This particular users nitpicking has been a bit excessive, he was paranoid about the box the Xbox One X came in along some other things. We can talk about real game issues, complain, give advice, vent etc. These are nowhere close to issues....