Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clanky vibrations with G920

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Clanky vibrations with G920

Hi everyone,

I just bought Project Cars 2 on Xbox One this weekend to go with the Logitech G920, bought this weekend too.

After a while a am finally able to drive... a bit. It's kinda hard but I'm knew to this so I guess I have a lot to learn.

Anyway, here's my problem. I started a new career in GT5. I want to race the first event. I see what racetrack it is, so I go in practice (alone), chose the exact same track, same car, and practice. After a while, ready to do the tryouts, I start the event. And as soon as my car left the pits and I got manual controls, the wheel shakes a lot. Like a lot. Like "tac tac tac tac". I repeat, same setup, same car, same racetrack. The only difference would be there is opponents on the racetrack. I tries do change a bit the setups after that but it didn't change anything. I tried to go back to the practice (alone, etc) and no vibrations this time. Go back to the career, vibrations are here again.

Any advices ?

Thanks !

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Broken game. You can't do anything with that. Happens in online racing too sometimes.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The game is compromised on xboxog with grids over about 15 and this does affect career mode.

It's fine on smaller grids.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Broken game, compromised game ? Really ?

I guess uninstall and reinstall the game won't change anything ? There is no update or patch for that bug ?

Did I buy that for real ?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Other Sims have restricted grids on Xbox, iirc assetto Corsa is restricted to 16.

PS4, pro and xbox X are generally ok with up to 32 where the track has enough slots but I realise that won't hello you with your career angst.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 22-04-2019 at 15:51.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well. I only have a One S, the X was too expensive and I don't have a 4k TV anyway. So, my G920 is shaking like I'm driving a car on a train track because there's to much opponents ? I think I'm going to ask for a refund for the game. Don't know how, I bought it on the Xbox Store, but if it's too much bugged... I'll go back to Forza 7 maybe.

Platform
    PC
    try adjusting your force feed back settings

*and also turn down the graphics just a little.
    Last edited by Juxtapuh; 22-04-2019 at 18:17.
    MB Asus tuf z390 Pro CPU Intel I5 9600k GPU Asus rtx2070 RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance SSD WD BLack SN750 500gig Input Logitech G920 HMD Oculus Rift
    The following user likes this Post: Drtmcgrk

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapuh View Post
    try adjusting your force feed back settings
    I did that yesterday. I tried to adjust. I was finally able to reduce a lot the clanky vibrations. After a couple of different setups in the FFB settings, I race and I finished some qualifications with the pole position. Hurray !

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapuh View Post
    *and also turn down the graphics just a little.
    I did that too, but I don't think it changed something.

I hope that there will be a patch to correct this bug, because now the settings of the FFB are not really what I want. I'll give it a couple of tries tonight too.

Ho, and I reinstalled Forza 7, but I definitely prefer Project Cars 2 for the spirit of the game. Here, I really have the feeling that I'm a driver and some racing team wants to hire me and that's more realistic I would say. In Forza, when you're racing in career mode it's like a simulation of an online race (just look at the name of your opponents, there like "bigGuyLOL" or "BestDriver1983"). And in Forza there's no qualifications, you start at the end of the grid and good luck if it's a 2 or 3 lap race. I'm saying that just because I will focus on PC2 and I hope I have real fun with it.

Platform
    PC
    the reason for turning the graphics down is that there are so many calculations going on behind the scenes with regards of tire grip and physics that reducing the load on the hardware (cpu/gpu) will free up a little bit of resources. its been documented that more cars on track can mess with the FFB, so its a tradeoff between a nice looking game and one that works a bit better. i noticed the exact same problem when i first started into PC2 and i remember saying to myself "well i guess i just can't drive the porsche" as that gave me violent shaking in FFB just going down the front straight of RA. Eventually i got the details sorted and grew to enjoy the game so much i built a computer to play in VR. Forza is for little kids and rammers with an emphasis on the looks of the cars over the actual physics of the cars. oh yay, stickers and driver suits! who gives a hoot as none of that makes you faster. dont miss it. never going back.
    MB Asus tuf z390 Pro CPU Intel I5 9600k GPU Asus rtx2070 RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance SSD WD BLack SN750 500gig Input Logitech G920 HMD Oculus Rift

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've had the game and this exact problem since launch.

Game is broken, best bet is to try and get a refund if you plan on doing anything other than hot lapping.
    Last edited by grrrillapmp; 23-04-2019 at 19:37.