Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 VR headsets and PC2 discussion

Platform
    PC
    I got my Reverb over the weekend. LOVE IT!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bporion, DaWorstPlaya, John Hargreaves, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Yeah, I've been very happy with mine so far, the detail is great.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Damn it! Why is the Reverb still not available in the US?!?!? FFS!!!
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 2700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift and Vive Pro
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake

Platform
    PC
    https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ht...set,38355.html

Some more info on the HTC Cosmos:

" Upon release, the Vive Cosmos will have a higher total resolution than any other Vive headset. The LCD display will have a 2880 x 1700 combined resolution, which is 88% bigger than the original HTC Vive headset. ... "

Slightly higher than the Vive Pro it seems.
    What line?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Yeah, I've been very happy with mine so far, the detail is great.
    Clarity is amazing when the resolution is high enough but for me its a stuttering slideshow doing that.

60hz refresh made me ill. Hence 90hz required and to get that on my 6700k/1080ti meant it was no more clear than the Rift.

I can run ASW continually with no issues and the Oculus software just works.

The WMR software had no ASW (i guess something is broken currently in that area ?) = performance kinda sucks
    WMR software is notably inferior / subpar - Lot of crashes, glitches & weird bugs (ie lens losing signal, needs reboot)
    I dont get a general feeling WMR is a priority of MS nowadays
    Noticable red smearing on text
    Does not work with my glasses (Rift S works very easily with glasses) - not a show stopper I use inserts in the Rift and was able to squeeze them into the Reverb
    My PC can overheat with it

I wish Oculus made the Reverb - its really comfortable - but needs a lot of love on the reliability and software side.

The Rift S takes too many steps back to warrant the upgrade (tried and returned like the Reverb).

If I had a 2080ti I might have kept the reverb it but I just dont get the visual benefit with my setup.

I hope Steam VR ASW is decent - as I will need it to warrant the upgrade for the Index.

If not only choice is to stick with my original Rift until a new card is out. I cannot justify over 1k for a gfx card that is only so much of an improvement - at that price it needs to be a major upgrade.
    6700K / 1080TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / NLR F1GT / Oculus Rift / CSW v2.5 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / TH8A Shifter

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowBloke View Post
    Clarity is amazing when the resolution is high enough but for me its a stuttering slideshow doing that.

60hz refresh made me ill. Hence 90hz required and to get that on my 6700k/1080ti meant it was no more clear than the Rift.

The WMR software had no ASW (i guess something is broken currently in that area ?) = performance kinda sucks
    WMR software is notably inferior / subpar - Lot of crashes, glitches & weird bugs (ie lens losing signal, needs reboot)
    Does not work with my glasses (Rift S works very easily with glasses) - not a show stopper I use inserts in the Rift and was able to squeeze them into the Reverb

I wish Oculus made the Reverb - its really comfortable - but needs a lot of love on the reliability and software side.

The Rift S takes too many steps back to warrant the upgrade (tried and returned like the Reverb).

If I had a 2080ti I might have kept the reverb it but I just dont get the visual benefit with my setup.

I hope Steam VR ASW is decent - as I will need it to warrant the upgrade for the Index.

If not only choice is to stick with my original Rift until a new card is out. I cannot justify over 1k for a gfx card that is only so much of an improvement - at that price it needs to be a major upgrade.
    WMR software is the point why I still dind´t 100% decide pro Reverb yet. My WMR experience with an Odyssey+ wasn´t the best (way behind Oculus software in terms of ASW technology). Probably I will wait for this year´s SimRacing EXPO and hopefully try different headsets there before I buy.

As for the gfx card - this is why I still don´t have a 2080ti. Not a big step forward from my 1080ti and therefore way too expensive.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following user likes this Post: SlowBloke

Platform
    PC

I'm running the Reverb on a 1080 laptop with med-high settings using reprojection. 208% SS, 90hz and just shoot for 45 fps. I tried 60hz but it was too choppy. I ran it the same way with my Odyssey+.

I recommend this Windows optimization guide to get the best out of your machine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTPMwQKlfPE
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

WMR has 'Motion Vector' which is the WMR version of ASW. It has to be activated manually in the settings file. Performance wise, if set up correctly (not set to auto) it is superior to ASW.

Platform
    PC
    This is what scares me about going to WMR headsets.

https://www.roadtovr.com/windows-vr-...-discontinued/
    What line?
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya View Post
    This is what scares me about going to WMR headsets.

https://www.roadtovr.com/windows-vr-...-discontinued/
    Yep, on one hand it is great for us to have the choice of a wide variety of VR headsets so everyone can find a device to his likings. On the other hand VR still is a niche market and I wonder whether any of these companies will have their sales as high as expected. I personally expect a market settlement soon with maybe only three or four devices left. I could be wrong though.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de